Signs of Kellen Moore within Dak's throwing game

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I'd really like to see a break out of stats on this statement. Dak against our division, Dak againt non-division. Dak againts good/bad records.

I thought he played very well against Tampa last year....coming off an injury. Raiders game....not so much? Yes...one pass made that a "bad game" for me! I admit it!
Yes I would like to see those stats as well, but doubt anyone compiles stats like that.
you could do it yourself, using the box scores of all 17 games.
And yeah they played good against TB.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Wonderful news here man might throw a Dak Prescott party this weekend.
So it took 200 million cap $ and 6 seasons for Dak to learn how to lead his WR in stride to the ball.
Hmmmmmm Jeez, I mean gosh dang dog we got a bargain with this QB for sure for sure!!!:banghead:
P.S. What will he learn in the next 6 years and another 250 million $ ......how to throw the over-the-shoulder pass????:muttley:
lol, no telling what dak will learn next !!
But next contract will be higher than this last one!
he also couldnt throw the fade to dez or the jump ball.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
So were you trying say Dak needed practice in his timing because he was already good at it? :lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao:

You also responded to a guy that was saying he wasnt good at timing and you were agreeing with him.

Maybe we need to talk about WRITING comprehension?
So you read the OP then meshed my post in with his.
:lmao:

You think I was talking bad about Dak, but I wasn't.
:thumbdown:

So here you are defending Dak when I wasn't insulting him. That's ridiculous. I see why you get into disagreements in almost every thread you post in....
:facepalm:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Its always funny to me when people bring this up.

Go look at every QB in the NFL against playoff teams prior to the playoffs.

I think there are 2 with winning records against winning teams. Brady and Rodgers. Thats it.
well it depends on how one defines a good team, phil had winning record but wasnt a good team.
I might check into that, would only need to look at the top teams.
last year dak and dallas sucked against good teams, losing all the games.

I looked at denvers schedule, for 21 and this year, and no way dallas goes 12-5 with their schedule.

Haimerej

Reaction score
"Dak Prescott, Matthew Stafford among top 10 tight-window QBs" https://www.nfl.com/news/dak-presco...mong-top-10-tight-window-qbs-0ap3000000915500

Its too easy. I aint even finish my first cup of coffee yet

I really wish this "stat" would just die. It's not even measuring tight windows. It's measuring how close a defender is when they make a catch. By this measurement, a bad throw can create a tight window if a receiver has his man beat but slows down to adjust and the defender gains ground.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I really wish this "stat" would just die. It's not even measuring tight windows. It's measuring how close a defender is when they make a catch. By this measurement, a bad throw can create a tight window if a receiver has his man beat but slows down to adjust and the defender gains ground.
Lol wheres that stat that says dak throws wrs into coverage? When you figure that out then start a real narrative instead of spreadingnl disinformation. But i know u guys like doing that in texas. ;)

I will also say they measure separation by wrs at the top of their routes and our wrs have not faired well in that category. I believe that was posted in the article as well. One has nothing to do with the other. Try again

Haimerej

Reaction score
Lol wheres that stat that says dak throws wrs into coverage? When you figure that out then start a real narrative instead of spreadingnl disinformation. But i know u guys like doing that in texas. ;)

I will also say they measure separation by wrs at the top of their routes and our wrs have not faired well in that category. I believe that was posted in the article as well. One has nothing to do with the other. Try again

I don't live in Texas and I didn't say anything about Dak. I said that stat sucks, because it does. I've said that since it was first trotted out. It doesn't measure anything but whether or not a defender is within a yard of the receiver when the catch is made. If you can't see how that can be contorted then I don't know what to tell you. It's simply a dumb stat regardless of who's benefitting from it.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Huh? What misconduct its a tracked stat? Take ur meds gramps
I never said it wasnt ya dolt.

Do you really need this old fart to direct you to who you should be tough guy fighting with?

Kids these days. They cant keep track of who they were arguing with. Then they post a stat from four years ago. Then expect to be taken seriously.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
I'm seeing it finally this training camp. Dak throwing the ball before the receiver makes his break and hitting them in stride. Finally!

For the longest time, it was painful watching Dak place the ball where you knew the receiver was going to get immediately hit or watching receiver have to reach or contort their bodies awkwardly to catch the ball.

Go watch Kellen's QB play at Boise State. You'll find countless times when the ball is launched and there is no receiver in sight on the camera until the last second the ball is placed perfectly.

Finally seeing Dak do some of that stuff and hoping it carries into the season!!

This is a fundamental skillset that defines great QB play from average. There was a video posted in the year that Brady took the job from Bledsoe talking about the fundamental difference between the two QBs.

The video highlighted a new England play which was an up and out to the sideline. They showed how both QBs completed the play, but how fundamentally different each QB approached the execution.

Bledsoe played as if he always had the strongest arm in the league and only waited to see the break before throwing the ball. Brady didn't have that luxury so he threw the ball well before the break and trusted that the WR would be there.

Was was important was the CBs knew that Brady threw players open and the chances for them closing the gap on a ball that was in flight before the pattern was completed was low to nil.

It was a simple decision for Belichick to go with Tom Brady. As Cowboys fans we also learned that lesson. In Drew's final year with us he had almost a 5% interception rate. One out of every 20 passes he threw were intercepted.

Throwing players open is a fundamental skill elite QBs must develop. The more we see Dak letting the ball fly well before the pattern ends the better the results will be for the team...as long as the WRs know their jobs, can win the route and are where they should be at the end of the pattern.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Wonderful news here man might throw a Dak Prescott party this weekend.
So it took 200 million cap $ and 6 seasons for Dak to learn how to lead his WR in stride to the ball.
Hmmmmmm Jeez, I mean gosh dang dog we got a bargain with this QB for sure for sure!!!:banghead:
P.S. What will he learn in the next 6 years and another 250 million $ ......how to throw the over-the-shoulder pass????:muttley:
Dak obsessed Troll

GMO415

Reaction score
Dak historically suxs in practice. So, this is a progression.

cowboyed

Reaction score
I hope the Throwing Game doesn't morph into The Crying Game.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hope the Throwing Game doesn't morph into The Crying Game.
:muttley:
actors-and-actresses-who-didnt-need-any-training-1.gif

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I'm seeing it finally this training camp. Dak throwing the ball before the receiver makes his break and hitting them in stride. Finally!

For the longest time, it was painful watching Dak place the ball where you knew the receiver was going to get immediately hit or watching receiver have to reach or contort their bodies awkwardly to catch the ball.

Go watch Kellen's QB play at Boise State. You'll find countless times when the ball is launched and there is no receiver in sight on the camera until the last second the ball is placed perfectly.

Finally seeing Dak do some of that stuff and hoping it carries into the season!!
There is a reason Kellen Moore is the most winningest QB in the history of collegiate football.