Silly things that irk you

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
My soon to be ex...I am moving to a much, much smaller house ... So today my wife come to get more of her stuff, I've been purging ... today she going through the garbage taking stuff that is more memories ... why? She wants a divorce, why would she want the memories I don't. It also irks me that you spending 25 years building a life with someone only to get it in the end ...

I have to purge, I only have 2 garbage pails and garbage has to be in pails...

Females are funny man. I'm with you on just cutting out the cancer and not keeping momentos.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
One of my closest friends turns everything into a question.

Nice day, isn't it?

Great song, isn't it?

Nice car, isn't it?

Drives me nuts.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My wife loves milk cold enough to form a few ice crystals to pour into her cereal. It is the same with sodas. For me, 35 to 40 degrees is cold enough for an any liquid but that is just me I guess...

Anyway, the silly thing that irks me is she never pours the entire contents of any small glass that she uses to slightly freeze the milk. There is always an ounce or more left in the glass that she will not pour into her cereal or down the drain. Glass sits partially empty beside the sink. And it will SIT there until it is washed. Never understood that too but it honestly irks me. Anemia is one thing but...

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
My wife loves milk cold enough to form a few ice crystals to pour into her cereal. It is the same with sodas. For me, 35 to 40 degrees is cold enough for an any liquid but that is just me I guess...

Anyway, the silly thing that irks me is she never pours the entire contents of any small glass that she uses to slightly freeze the milk. There is always an ounce or more left in the glass that she will not pour into her cereal or down the drain. Glass sits partially empty beside the sink. And it will SIT there until it is washed. Never understood that too but it honestly irks me. Anemia is one thing but...
Hey, you knew she was weird when she married you..........At least everyone else probably did!
:grin:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score

I had a buddy that lived in Euless and there was a soft drink vending machine near his apartment. We would go out into the large parking lot and play Home Run Derby. It would be really hot and after we played we would go buy Dr. Pepper out of the machine and it always had ice chips in it and it was awesome!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
When I first moved to CT in '81, the people here had this really stupid idiosyncrasy, in which they would use a negative word in a positive sentence. For example, you'd mention that you were going to a certain concert, and they'd reply, "So ain't I." There were other variations, such as, "So don't I", "So didn't I", "So wasn't I", etc.
It took some getting used to, before I could tell if they "did" or "didn't", and they sounded so idiotic to me, it was very irksome.

If they still do it, I don't even notice anymore, but that's one figure of speech I consciously refused to adapt.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It irks me when a perfectly good joke goes by unnoticed. I was at the deli counter yesterday, and asked for a quarter pound of hard salami. The girl behind the counter was searching through the deli meats for a few seconds, so I said, "If there's no open one, don't worry about it, I'll get something else."
She replied, "That's okay, I got it. It was hidden."
Naturally, I said, "So let me get this straight....Someone's been playing 'hide the salami' behind the counter?"
She just looked a little puzzled and answered, "Yeah, I guess so."

Fortunately, an older woman behind me got it, so it wasn't a total waste.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Not talking about the normal things like bad drivers, annoying youth, football penalties and the like.

Just simple things that really do not hurt anything or get you too bent out of shape... Just irks you.

Here is one example...

I pre order a movie on Google play. Most of the time it will not give you a release date until a week or few days out. So you finally get the release date and you are thinking cool I can watch the movie the next day after work. But you wake up and check it and you find out they push back the release date a day or more.

Nothing too serious but it just can irk you some.
when i put my garage cans out by the alley these days, the company that empies them moves them into my driveway from where i had them off to the side. it means i have to get out of my car, move them and get back in to back into my garage. i've called them twice about it and was twice told i'd get a call back but never have.

kskboys

Reaction score
when i put my garage cans out by the alley these days, the company that empies them moves them into my driveway from where i had them off to the side. it means i have to get out of my car, move them and get back in to back into my garage. i've called them twice about it and was twice told i'd get a call back but never have.
Call around for a different company.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Actually you remind me of another silly thing that irks me...since you go on facebook rants.

When Facebook tells me they want my Phone number to help me be more "SECURE" on facebook lol.
Yeah sure it would be and no you cannot have it.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Call around for a different company.
it's done by the city. i can't as far as i know.

what was aggravating was the guy who gets the recycled one - i had it around 8' from the driveway as far to the side as i could put it w/o putting it in the alleyway itself. i watched on my security camera that the truck lifted up, emptied the can, and he drove forward 10' or so to put it in the middle of my driveway when he put it back down.

kskboys

Reaction score
it's done by the city. i can't as far as i know.

what was aggravating was the guy who gets the recycled one - i had it around 8' from the driveway as far to the side as i could put it w/o putting it in the alleyway itself. i watched on my security camera that the truck lifted up, emptied the can, and he drove forward 10' or so to put it in the middle of my driveway when he put it back down.
Does someone in the city not like you? Did you PO the garbage guys?

Do you know anyone w/ some clout?

Or, have some fun and call a news service and show them the tape. That would be a gas!!!

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Does someone in the city not like you? Did you PO the garbage guys?

Do you know anyone w/ some clout?

Or, have some fun and call a news service and show them the tape. That would be a gas!!!
first world problems. i've just resorted to not using the recycle bin and putting it all in the normal garbage can. 1 randomly placed can in my driveway is bad enough but if i put both in the alley, chaos ensues. :)