Since the number of Stupid Articles has

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
who cares if it's "univerally" true, it's true nonetheless

again - true to you and true to me are 2 different things. some people realize this and try to respect other views. then again you have those who feel views outside their own are wrong and i suppose need to be "modified" to be "true" to your own terms.

not everyone sees a rainbow the same way - does that make 1 person right and the rest wrong?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
iceberg said:
again - true to you and true to me are 2 different things. some people realize this and try to respect other views. then again you have those who feel views outside their own are wrong and i suppose need to be "modified" to be "true" to your own terms.

not everyone sees a rainbow the same way - does that make 1 person right and the rest wrong?

in order to defeat a truth, is to counter with a truth of your own, but alas...

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
in order to defeat a truth, is to counter with a truth of your own, but alas...

i can't counter with the "truth" till we define our use of the word. you seem to think it applies to your opinion as if it makes it correct. i think it truth that you think your opinions are fact.

till we agree on what is "truth" it won't do any good to counter with my version of it till you understand it.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
iceberg said:
i can't counter with the "truth" till we define our use of the word.

truth, as in being fact

most of the defenders on our '03 team have been replaced, so to say that we last made the playoffs in '03 to counter that we've stockpiled talent on D isn't fact

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Hostile said:
I got that one in a runaway. I talk too much.

I don't reckon there's much point in having a "Most Long-Winded Poster" category, I'd be a lock...

I'll offer a category or two or three, but I'm gonna stay away from the negative ones:

Most Informative Poster: AdamJT13... I'm sure I don't have to explain why...

Best Moderator To Be Your Personal Conscience: WoodysGirl (she'll know what I mean, even if y'all don't)...

Most Like Your Friendly Local Bear When Annoyed: Hostile... this risks insulting him, but I think he'll know what I mean, LOL... Rack would also be a contender here, I think...

Most Helpful When It Comes To Posting Articles From Around The Web: Trickblue... this is a service that I know a lot of posters deeply appreciate, including this one...

Best At Synopsizing Press Conferences: InmanRoshi (in a squeaker over Trick)... reading his posts is as good as actually being there...

Most Missed Poster: LaTunaNostra... she's the one who dragged me over here in the first place, now she done went and bailed out on me...

Best Buddy On This Board: Zaxor... I've just gotta get over to Germany someday to meet him...

Best Name: JimmyBuffett... yeah, I'm a parrothead...

All-Time Graphics Genius: Juke99... I am in awe...

Best Crotchety Old F*rt: CBZ... I know I'm gonna get a few votes in this category, LOL... but he'll probably win on the strength of his pea salad...

Most Sociable Poster: Winky... good mornin', Michael...

Best Source For Info You Won't Get Anywhere Else: Dale, with BrownSugar a VERY close second...

Funniest Poster: I really don't know at the moment, I just thought this would be a good category to include... so for the heck of it, I'll nominate myself...

Best Rival Poster: I think Funxva is right, that one would have to go to PhoenixTalon...

Well, that's all I can think of for now... other opinions are welcome...

Know that there are a LOT of you out there that I like, but couldn't really think of a category for ya...

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
silverbear said:
Best Buddy On This Board: Zaxor... I've just gotta get over to Germany someday to meet him...

anytime my friend the door is always open for ya...

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
oh, it's been brought!

Surely, you've got more than THAT... I've had more bothersome mosquito bites...

It's gonna be hard to get a good argument goin' with somebody I like, but I'll give it a shot... I mean, the gauntlet has been thrown down... LOL...

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
silverbear said:
I don't reckon there's much point in having a "Most Long-Winded Poster" category, I'd be a lock...
I betcha BrainPaint would throw a vote my way on this. When I get wound up I hurt his eyes there's so much to read. He's accused me of occular assault more than once.

Silverbear said:
Most Like Your Friendly Local Bear When Annoyed: Hostile... this risks insulting him, but I think he'll know what I mean, LOL... Rack would also be a contender here, I think...
No way that insults me. I've had to embrace thefact that on occasion my posting style is a reflection of my username.

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
burmafrd said:
I guess we could expand and put the dumbest thread as part of the contest- but that would be a tough one to pick- there have been so many. Though right now the "Who is Bob Lilly" one is a serious challenger.

Finding out about older players is good.
Unfortunately you are discouraging others with this.
Casual fans don't know our past and some 'real' fans need a refresher.
Knowing your history should be encouraged not made fun of.

You guys sure are jerks sometimes!
Only a few have spoiled my enjoyment of finding out about the guy.
Unfortunately this has probably scared off other knowledge seekers.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Tass said:
Finding out about older players is good.
Unfortunately you are discouraging others with this.
Casual fans don't know our past and some 'real' fans need a refresher.
Knowing the history should be encouraged not made fun of.

You guys sure are jerks sometimes!
Only a few have spoiled my enjoyment of finding out about the guy.
Unfortunately this has probably scared off other knowledge seekers.

Very well said....;)

burmafrd

Reaction score
There is no excuse for anyone with a computer and access, which clearly anyone who comes here has, NOT finding out about the Cowboys history if they are REALLY interested. I don't care about the casual fan who is lazy.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
burmafrd said:
There is no excuse for anyone with a computer and access, which clearly anyone who comes here has, NOT finding out about the Cowboys history if they are REALLY interested. I don't care about the casual fan who is lazy.

There is also no excuse for a member of a discussion board finding fault with someone who ask a question about Cowboy History. Good questions are not only educational but they also inspire discussion.

I don't care about the casual fan who seems to find fault with everyone and everything that does not fit his fancy. ;)