Skins Depth Chart

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Gfunk said:
how sad, you felt the need to dip down low to personal insults...

it's like a virgin calling me out for the girl I'm dating... you haven't even tapped one girl, and you're calling me out?

The lameness of this post is astounding.

I didn't insult you. I pointed out a lack of logic in your post, which is easily evident.

At worse, you can say I alluded to your lack of intelligence. But I never stated you weren't intelligent or that you are stupid, or anything of that ilk.

Gfunk

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Out of morbid curiosity I ask this.

A couple of years ago when Jansen went down for the season, did the depth of your OL matter then? Or were you still praising the strength of your starting 5?

Be honest. If you can.
look, I realize the situation ya'll had last season when Flozell went down, and how it ruined your season

Jansen's injury two years ago did the same to us, basically sunk our season before it started

but the fact is we already have our starting 5, have had our starting 5, and are not wasting training camp and preseason trying to find out who that starting 5 will be

we are instead using the preseason/training camp to find the depth we need, which is what a team should be doing during this time

how could you not prefer our situation over yours?

we can't even discuss Dallas' depth because they don't even have starters at every position... your depth are your starters

do I worry about our offensive line depth? of course, but I'd worry a hell of a lot more if I didn't know who our starters were going to be, and that they hadn't played together

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Gfunk said:
look, I realize the situation ya'll had last season when Flozell went down, and how it ruined your season

Jansen's injury two years ago did the same to us, basically sunk our season before it started

but the fact is we already have our starting 5, have had our starting 5, and are not wasting training camp and preseason trying to find out who that starting 5 will be

we are instead using the preseason/training camp to find the depth we need, which is what a team should be doing during this time

how could you not prefer our situation over yours?

we can't even discuss Dallas' depth because they don't even have starters at every position... your depth are your starters

Right.

I didn't read every post in this thread, but I am guessing no one said they'd rather have our starters over yours.

But that's irrelevant. We are talking about depth. And bec our OL isn't great, it somehow proves you have depth on your OL or necessarily precludes us from being able to question your depth?

MossBurner

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Out of morbid curiosity I ask this.

A couple of years ago when Jansen went down for the season, did the depth of your OL matter then? Or were you still praising the strength of your starting 5?

Be honest. If you can.

What he's saying is that Cowboys fans should not talk about O-line depth when their very own is as shallow as a kiddie pool.

O-line depth is a concern for Skins' fans. But, it's out of our control and all we can do is hope that Bugel and Gibbs have found some solid youngsters.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
AsthmaField said:
Tyson Walter at LT is all you need to know about the Commanders depth along the OL.

Hello, and welcome to three years ago for Dallas.

Except Walter was a backup center/guard.

Walter vs. Ware = advantage Dallas.

Just a tad.

Rich........

Gfunk

Reaction score
Vintage said:
Right.

I didn't read every post in this thread, but I am guessing no one said they'd rather have our starters over yours.

But that's irrelevant. We are talking about depth. And bec our OL isn't great, it somehow proves you have depth on your OL or necessarily precludes us from being able to question your depth?

I just love how there's always a 5 page thread on the tiniest of problems in Commander Nation

5 pages for players that hopefully will never see the light of day, when ya'll don't even got the luxury to worry about such things

Gfunk

Reaction score
Yakuza Rich said:
Except Walter was a backup center/guard.

Walter vs. Ware = advantage Dallas.

Just a tad.

Rich........

hey buddy, wake up, it's gonna be Samuels vs. Ware = advantage Washington

and for reference, Walter has looked good so far

1fisher

Reaction score
Gfunk said:
ya'll are still trying to find a starting 5 when we've had all 5 in place

where do you get off calling out our depth, let alone our o-line?

are they the same starting 5 from the end of last season? If so, you better hope they perform better than they did toward the end of the season!

Gfunk

Reaction score
1fisher said:
are they the same starting 5 from the end of last season? If so, you better hope they perform better than they did toward the end of the season!
***?

are you kidding me?

we scored 35 points on your defense, 35 on NY's defense, 30 something on Philly's defense

Portis had 5 straight 100 yard games to take us into the playoffs

and our line performed poorly?
0_rofl.gif

MossBurner

Reaction score
1fisher said:

Randy Thomas is back. But it is the same 5 from week 2 and week 15.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Gfunk said:
I just love how there's always a 5 page thread on the tiniest of problems in Commander Nation

5 pages for players that hopefully will never see the light of day, when ya'll don't even got the luxury to worry about such things

Again, avoiding the topic at hand and resorting to trying to change the topic...

It never ceases to amaze me. What is your point? Is there one?

DOES THAT NECESSARILY PRECLUDE US FROM DISCUSSING YOUR LACK OF OL DEPTH? Does the fact that we don't have a great OL somehow render our opinion useless or make it wrong?

No.

Is it that hard to comprehend? I can type slower for you...

1fisher

Reaction score
Gfunk said:

funny you mention this.... I peeked in on ES yesterday and there were 4 (that's four) separate threads on the main board regarding the Cowboys...seems like they are just as fascinated with us!:eek:

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Gfunk said:

Are you kidding me? Go to extreme there was a large thread on TO greeting his team at the airport. According to the thread that was the beggining of the end. Yes showing up to the airport was bad LOL

Right now there is a 7 page thread on ES saying because Parcells may try to trade our scraps for a 4 or 5th WR that somehow means he thinks our WRs need alot of help lol

11 page thread on a false ESPN rumor about TO missing preseason. Cause you know he is faking injuries and its the end of the Cowboys lol

There was like a 20 page thread about Dallas being "desperate" when Lincoln Kennedy called us and asked for a tryout. Of course when they found out he may go to Wash for a tryout too, it was another great Joe decision and great depth!

Terry Glenns blisters and Freddie Mitchell workout 8 pages. Did you know that Terry Glenn is injured and it will nag him all season? yup BLISTERS

I swear to god I don't know if I should laugh at most Commanders fans or feel sorry for them,

(note not intended for all Commanders fans, if you felt I was talking about you I probably was)

Gfunk

Reaction score
^ atleast they throw all those threads in a seperate forum, not mixing up Dallas BS with important Commander discussions :rolleyes:

1fisher

Reaction score
Gfunk said:
***?

are you kidding me?

we scored 35 points on your defense, 35 on NY's defense, 30 something on Philly's defense

Portis had 5 straight 100 yard games to take us into the playoffs

and our line performed poorly?
0_rofl.gif

and about the playoffs????:eek:

MossBurner

Reaction score
:bang2:

What a surprise!

Commanders fans talking about the Cowboys.

Cowboys fans talking about the Commanders.

I almost forgot - Sean is better than Roy.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
1fisher said:

funny you mention this.... I peeked in on ES yesterday and there were 4 (that's four) separate threads on the main board regarding the Cowboys...seems like they are just as fascinated with us!:eek:

Thats nothing check the around the nfl board. right now there are 17 Dallas topics on page 1 alone. Granted a few started by Cowboys fans, but most nonsense from scared Skins fans

Gfunk

Reaction score
1fisher said:
and about the playoffs????:eek:
we came within an INT of going to the Championship game

we also lost Randy Thomas in the Giants game (our best lineman) and then Rabach in the Seattle game

our depth then failed us against Seattle :(

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Gfunk said:
^ atleast they throw all those threads in a seperate forum, not mixing up Dallas BS with important Commander discussions :rolleyes:

And all these threads go to another board too LOL doesnt change the facts :rolleyes: