Skins Depth Chart

1fisher

Reaction score
Gfunk said:
^ atleast they throw all those threads in a seperate forum, not mixing up Dallas BS with important Commander discussions :rolleyes:

no sir.... they were on the main page yesterday when I looked! don't fool yourself.... you probably were chirping in a few of them!:laugh1:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Gfunk said:
look, I realize the situation ya'll had last season when Flozell went down, and how it ruined your season

Jansen's injury two years ago did the same to us, basically sunk our season before it started
Then why bother asking how we can be happier about our OL depth?

FunkyG said:
but the fact is we already have our starting 5, have had our starting 5, and are not wasting training camp and preseason trying to find out who that starting 5 will be
You knew 2 years ago. We knew last year. Did it matter either time?

FunkyG said:
we are instead using the preseason/training camp to find the depth we need, which is what a team should be doing during this time

how could you not prefer our situation over yours?
Where did I say I preferred our situation to yours? You asked a pointed question. I gave you a pointed answer that shot potential holes in your point. Deny this if you wish, but we both know the point is valid.

FunkyG said:
we can't even discuss Dallas' depth because they don't even have starters at every position... your depth are your starters
Or, try and stay with me here, a future HOF Head Coach, doesn't want anyone on the OL comfortable so that they stay hungry, but he actually knows who his starting 5 are going to be.

FunkyG said:
do I worry about our offensive line depth? of course, but I'd worry a hell of a lot more if I didn't know who our starters were going to be, and that they hadn't played together
If you bother to look up my comments on our OL you'll find I'm not sold on it. Doesn't change the fact that you spouted off as if depth doesn't matter and I stuck a harpoon right in your flank, using your own team history as evidence of the value of depth.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Gfunk said:
^ atleast they throw all those threads in a seperate forum, not mixing up Dallas BS with important Commander discussions :rolleyes:

Which means, what?

You don't even know how to make a good reply. You would have been SO much better off pointing our that since ES has a vastly higher population than CBZ, there will be more replies in Cowboy threads (and more Cowboy threads in general) than vice versa.

Instead you attempt to use the fact that bec. you compile your Dallas threads in a different forum, it somehow means something...

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Gfunk said:
we came within an INT of going to the Championship game

we also lost Randy Thomas in the Giants game (our best lineman) and then Rabach in the Seattle game

our depth then failed us against Seattle :(

Wow, an admission. Credit where credit is due.

Gfunk

Reaction score
Vintage said:
Which means, what?

You don't even know how to make a good reply. You would have been SO much better off pointing our that since ES has a vastly higher population than CBZ, there will be more replies in Cowboy threads (and more Cowboy threads in general) than vice versa.

Instead you attempt to use the fact that bec. you compile your Dallas threads in a different forum, it somehow means something...
nah, none of that is important

it's the fact ya'll keep your Commander related threads on the front page, we keep all other NFL team related threads (reguardless of division and hatred) in a seperate forum

and yes it does mean something, shows how obsessed ya'll really are

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
MossBurner said:
:bang2:

What a surprise!

Commanders fans talking about the Cowboys.

Cowboys fans talking about the Commanders.

I almost forgot - Sean is better than Roy.

See...its posts like this that make me constantly go back and forth from thinking you are stupid vs being a homer but somehow, taking a strange liking too.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Vintage said:
Right.

I didn't read every post in this thread, but I am guessing no one said they'd rather have our starters over yours.

But that's irrelevant. We are talking about depth. And bec our OL isn't great, it somehow proves you have depth on your OL or necessarily precludes us from being able to question your depth?
Of course no one did. That is the ridiculous assumption one must jump to if you don't shell out praise for their vaunted OL.

:rolleyes:

1fisher

Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
Thats nothing check the around the nfl board. right now there are 17 Dallas topics on page 1 alone. Granted a few started by Cowboys fans, but most nonsense from scared Skins fans

yea... it's kinda funny reading some of their stuff....... Bubba thinks he's some kind of comedian with all those LAME jokes he tells..... kinda sad!

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Gfunk said:

it's the fact ya'll keep your Commander related threads on the front page, we keep all other NFL team related threads (reguardless of division and hatred) in a seperate forum

Again, wrong. It stays here for awhile and then gets moved. I was there the other day and saw a thread in the Stadium concerning us. I went back to look for it and found it moved to the Around the NFL forum.

That happens here too.

Your "point" is rendered useless. And I use the term point very liberally. Because in reality, it was nothing more than a baseless accusation.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Of course no one did. That is the ridiculous assumption one must jump to if you don't shell out praise for their vaunted OL.

:rolleyes:

It would be so much handier (new word of the day) if I actually knew my logical fallacies....

Of course, it would also be a lot more handier (better word choice) if this site was a little more leniant in word usage/allowing some "stuff" to slide.

;)

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gfunk said:

You are right, we never move things to the opinon or NFL zone, and ES never has dallas threads on the main forum.

Err...wait..No you are just dead wrong.

1fisher

Reaction score
Gfunk said:
we came within an INT of going to the Championship game

we also lost Randy Thomas in the Giants game (our best lineman) and then Rabach in the Seattle game

our depth then failed us against seattle :(

what are the stats from that potent offense in the playoffs? Did they score thirty? Did Portis run for 100 (ruthfully I can't remember) did Brunell pass for 300? How many TD's did Moss have?

Tell you defense thank you when you get a chance!:rolleyes:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Gfunk said:

Incorrect as usual. We move threads when they start to die down, same as ES.

Gfunk

Reaction score
Nice Guy said:
Then why bother asking how we can be happier about our OL depth?

You knew 2 years ago. We knew last year. Did it matter either time?

new season, new (same old) worries

I'm saying ya'll can't even begin to discuss depth before you find your starters

Nice Guy said:
Or, try and stay with me here, a future HOF Head Coach, doesn't want anyone on the OL comfortable so that they stay hungry, but he actually knows who his starting 5 are going to be.
lol.gif
nice spin there, buddy
Nice Guy said:
If you bother to look up my comments on our OL you'll find I'm not sold on it. Doesn't change the fact that you spouted off as if depth doesn't matter and I stuck a harpoon right in your flank, using your own team history as evidence of the value of depth.
depth does matter, but the starters matter more (obviously)

we already have our starters and they're proven... WSH > DAL is what it comes down to
tu.gif

our depth are gonna get the most snaps this preseason, so I have faith Gibbs & Co. will get the situation settled

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
There was a thread title the other day "You can't fix stupid."

Seems appropriate to point that out right about now.

Gfunk

Reaction score
1fisher said:
what are the stats from that potent offense in the playoffs? Did they score thirty? Did Portis run for 100 (ruthfully I can't remember) did Brunell pass for 300? How many TD's did Moss have?

Tell you defense thank you when you get a chance!:rolleyes:

I'm happy you got to see all of that watching the playoffs from HOME in January

since you haven't been to the playoffs in a minute, let me refresh your memory

teams play a LOT harder in the playoffs than in the regular season

TB had the #1 defense last year, Seattle was top 10 also, we played great defenses

forget the yardage totals, Moss scored a TD against Seattle, Portis against TB

random Cs

Reaction score
silverbear said:
You guys got REAL lucky when it came to injuries last year, so you didn't need much depth... but iit appears you've forgotten how completely impotent the Skins' offense became when the offensive line finally suffered some injuries at the end of the season...
I always hear you Boys fan say this. We had our injuries like everyone else. We lost 2 WR's, the majority of our D-Line were battling injuries all season, and the majority of our secondary were battling injuries all season.

Free agents COST more than draft picks do, leaving less cap room to build quality depth...
Yes, but we still bring in the same amount of people for depth. We just chose to go the FA route. Examples:

Instead of drafting another CB to replace Walt we signed Kenny.
Instead of focusing on the OL in the draft we signed Tyson Walter and Mike Pucillo.
Instead of drafting a young QB we brought in Todd Collins who's a vet in Saunders offense.
Instead of focusing on WR's in the draft we traded for Lloyd and signed ARE. (I hate drafting WR's...)

Now, of course it is possible we're missing out on 4th rounder that we could build into a potential starter, but seeing as though we suck at the draft I'm happy with building through FA.

1fisher

Reaction score
Gfunk said:

you're wrong about that funk..... I chirped on a thread that stayed on the main board for two days and got banned becuase I didn't kiss bubba's but.... they are not ALWAYS kept in a separate forum!

1fisher

Reaction score
Gfunk said:
I'm happy you got to see all of that watching the playoffs from HOME in January

since you haven't been to the playoffs in a minute, let me refresh your memory

teams play a LOT harder in the playoffs than in the regular season

TB had the #1 defense last year, Seattle was top 10 also, we played great defenses

forget the yardage totals, Moss scored a TD against Seattle, Portis against TB

no need to point all that out... I'm fully aware of where me and my team were during the playoffs... I would just like to know the stats from you rather than going to NFL.com and getting them.... occassionally I like to see some BIASED reporting... Which I know you are fully capable.

Just answer those few questions in the other reply and I'll be quiet....;)