Skip Bayless has pathetic rant; demoralizes Micah and Dak; props up Baker Mayfield

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
I'll take Bayless's opinion over just about anyone here. He has a deep resume, with a long history in print, radio, and TV journalism. His knowledge of the Cowboys is extensive. He's written, and had published, three books about the Cowboys. One might not agree with his opinion, but that opinion is far more informed than most can imagine.

bandfan

Reaction score
What team has Baker ever quit on? He did transfer from Tech, but only because a guy named Mahommes had the job locked in.

He made his name at Oklahoma and did some incredible things in Norman. Everyone here loves Baker Mayfield. There's a statue of him outside of the OU football stadium.

He was drafted to the Browns and brought that franchise back from the dead. Had a bad season due to injury and was sent packing in favor of Watson.

Carolina sucked, and still sucks.

He did well enough for the Rams that the Bucs saw an opportunity to steal a good starter for cheap, and he did pretty well. Won a playoff game, and played really well in their loss. The team has stated publicly that they want him back.

What makes you think he will quit on the team that gave him a chance at redemption?
He quit on Tech before the season was over. Unforgiveable. When he got stopped by the police in Oklahoma did he take his medicine like a man? Nope the tried to cut and run. Big mistake as the video shows. Ultimately, he will cut and run if it isn't going his way. Mark my words.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I'll take Bayless's opinion over just about anyone here. He has a deep resume, with a long history in print, radio, and TV journalism. His knowledge of the Cowboys is extensive. He's written, and had published, three books about the Cowboys. One might not agree with his opinion, but that opinion is far more informed than most can imagine.

While making up lies about a man’s sexuality. Yeah I’ll pass on skips “extensive” knowledge. But hey if you hold him in such a high regard good for you.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Waaah waaah, go follow another team, Romo sucks, waaah, Dak is elite and oh so sexy, waaaaah, Matt Farniok is a superstar, you’re a fake fan, WAAAAAAH.
Are you OK? Need some professional help?
I'm great! McCarthy and Dak are sticking around, the team will keep adding more pieces and looking forward to 2024 and another playoff season, Jerry still owns the Cowboys, plus I get to enjoy seeing y'all meltdown the past few weeks. It's been very entertaining!

MojaveJT

Reaction score
It’s only because the OP disagrees with it so it’s considered pathetic in his own wrong opinion.

He’d praise it if it was propping Dak up.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
He quit on Tech before the season was over. Unforgiveable. When he got stopped by the police in Oklahoma did he take his medicine like a man? Nope the tried to cut and run. Big mistake as the video shows. Ultimately, he will cut and run if it isn't going his way. Mark my words.
You're referencing two events that happened when he was a kid. Do I really need to reference the long and distinguished list of hall of famers that made mistakes in college? He's kept his nose clean since then and has given his all everywhere he's been. He's gained the respect of organizations that won the Super Bowl two and three years ago. The guy is literally Tom Brady's successor and the team loves him as much to come out and publicly say they want to sign him to a long term contract.

What makes you think ancient history supersedes professional success? He's had 2 bad seasons, one due to injury and one because the Panthers are awful. Otherwise he took a historically terrible Brown franchise and made them playoff contenders, shame on them for letting him go. He backed up Stafford and won some games, putting up respectable numbers and managed the games well with minimal practice reps. This caught the Buc's attention and he signed to compete for their vacant QB spot. After winning the gig, he willed a depleted Buc's roster to the playoffs and managed to win a game. He's proven his worth and to believe otherwise is to deny facts due to an old impression.

DZSierra

Reaction score
As pathetic as Skip is (and I do think he is), it's amazing how much news he makes everywhere.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
It's the opposite. Skip is propping up Baker Mayfield by saying Baker is finally playing like a #1 overall draft pick and how the Buccaneers are going to reap the benefits of having Baker for the next 3 years. He's hinting as to what the Cowboys need to do...go after a top overall draft QB. Unknowingly, he's using the wrong example. He's making himself look bad.
Dallas Demise feeds Skips bank account, he is equal to SAS IMHO.