News: Skip Bayless: "I'm not sure Zeke is going to play anywhere next year"

rambo2

Reaction score
Yep. For the last 27 years.
Nope, but certainly now and the last couple of years. A 13 win team is a contender. Only the ignorant would think different. They certainly are one of the top 3 teams in the NFC.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Nope, but certainly now and the last couple of years. A 13 win team is a contender. Only the ignorant would think different. They certainly are one of the top 3 teams in the NFC.
Only the ignorant would fall for the same okidoke pattern year in and year out.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

plasticman

Reaction score
Zeke had magic? When? Barry Sanders was magical. So was Walter Payton, Jim Brown, Tony Dorsett, and Emmitt Smith. Zeke was nothing but a greedy POS and I won't shed a tear if he never sees the field again.
To be fair, be was great his first three seasons when he was the top rusher in two of them. It could have been all three except for the suspension.

However, it wasn't my intention to defend him. I'm just saying he will be back this season playing for someone.

It's really not about his most recent level of productivity or lack thereof. It's really about a teams desperation due to unforseen issues at RB.

rambo2

Reaction score

There are 5 teams in the NFC that could win this year. They are Philly, Dallas, 49ers, Seattle, and Detroit. That's it. The Cowboys are clearly a contender.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
There are 5 teams in the NFC that could win this year. They are Philly, Dallas, 49ers, Seattle, and Detroit. That's it. The Cowboys are clearly a contender.
One of those teams does not have a real gm. Lack of depth will always show up in the fall months. This along with inconsistent qb play will lead towards a familiar path come playoff time.

rambo2

Reaction score
One of those teams does not have a real gm. Lack of depth will always show up in the fall months. This along with inconsistent qb play will lead towards a familiar path come playoff time.
They have as good a chance as any team.

T-RO

Reaction score
Hard to argue with that, though Philly and SF are a quarter tier above right now.

So much can happen.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Hard to argue with that, though Philly and SF are a quarter tier above right now.

So much can happen.
Seattle, Detroit and the team with the worst gm in the league have zero chance of winning the Super Bowl.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

He just said they were a contender, not that they were the most likely team or guaranteed anything. Any team that wins 11-12 games or more is at least a contender, even if not the strongest of the contenders.

rambo2

Reaction score
Seattle, Detroit and the team with the worst gm in the league have zero chance of winning the Super Bowl.
That's an ignorant statement and how in the world could the worst gm win 25 games over the last 2 years? That is just ridiculous to say that.

rambo2

Reaction score
Yes I do know for sure. I have twenty seven years of evidence to give you if you need it.
27 years ago, 20 years ago, 10 years ago, and even 5 years ago have absolutely nothing to do with the current season and has no affect on how they will do this season inwhich they are certainly a contender in the NFC.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
That's an ignorant statement and how in the world could the worst gm win 25 games over the last 2 years? That is just ridiculous to say that.
It won't do you any good. You might as well go pee in a fan. At least you will get something back. Most likely not a fan anyway. If he is a fan, "a miserable life he must lead", as Yoda would say.