Skip Bayless says Jason Campbell better than Romo and that Skins will win Sunday

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Sonny#9;2283289 said:
That's what's wrong with BSPN. That describes about 90% of their staff!! Basically I respect Clayon, Mortensen, Jaws, KC Joyner and the Scouts Inc. Crew, that's about it.

They need to get rid of blowhards like Bayless, Woody Paige, and most of all Stephen A. Smith (who is so blatantly racist, it is sickening). The problem is, these a-holes are on TV constanly screaming at each other on Around the Horn (worst...show...ever) and a bunch of little Skip Bayless wannabes start cropping up -- like La Canafora. They need to be replaced with real sport reporters. One's that want to do the work and the research and not just make random crap up to be controversial. They're out there. And they're better then what BSPN has right now.

:bravo:

Agreed (Well except that I actually like Around the Horn :p ). Too bad we'll never see that in our lifetimes.

FCBarca

Reaction score
Shouldn't there be a thread in a different section of the zone for Bayless, aka Pointless, topics?

I never understand the point of quoting or discussing him :rolleyes:

UDcowboysfan

Reaction score
Sonny#9;2283289 said:
That's what's wrong with BSPN. That describes about 90% of their staff!! Basically I respect Clayon, Mortensen, Jaws, KC Joyner and the Scouts Inc. Crew, that's about it.

They need to get rid of blowhards like Bayless, Woody Paige, and most of all Stephen A. Smith (who is so blatantly racist, it is sickening). The problem is, these a-holes are on TV constanly screaming at each other on Around the Horn (worst...show...ever) and a bunch of little Skip Bayless wannabes start cropping up -- like La Canafora. They need to be replaced with real sport reporters. One's that want to do the work and the research and not just make random crap up to be controversial. They're out there. And they're better then what BSPN has right now.
i actually like woody, he's some comic relief for around the horn.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Okay, we're gonna need a rope, a burlap sack, and someone who drives well at night.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Skip Bayless is to sports reporting what tabloids are to newspapers.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;2283242 said:
I know, I know, it's to be expected, don't pay attention, blah, blah, blah.

My question is how this guy still has a job. He is too dumb to be allowed to live, let alone get air time everyday on the world's #1 sports station.

Somehow, somewhere, there is a career to be had in being consistantly wrong. Kind of like the village idiot, everybody has a place in society. :)

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2283246 said:
who gives a damn what skip said what did the person across from him say I love when he says something like this and gets totally owned by the other person on the panel.

There is such a thing as comic relief......
Skippy provides it.....

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
HeavyHitta31;2283242 said:
I know, I know, it's to be expected, don't pay attention, blah, blah, blah.

My question is how this guy still has a job. He is too dumb to be allowed to live, let alone get air time everyday on the world's #1 sports station.

Because that IS his job.

He is told to be the devils advocate and to play the cowboys hater during his segments...no I am not making that up or guessing about it.

sago1

Reaction score
The networks are all about ratings. Bayliss keeps his job cause he stirs up controversy. Loads of football fans hate the Cowboys and I bet they think he's the greatest thing since sliced bread so they watch him. Some Cowboy fans loathe him but still watch him and include his more ridiculous pronouncements on any football forums where they post. We are on page 2 of a post where we vent our Cowboy anger on Bayliss. Why do Cowboy fans even watch him or read any of his sayings. Heck, if we stopped doing that he'd probably lose at least a third of his audience and his ratings would take a real hit.

If you want revenge for what he says about the Cowboys, STOP watching or STOP reading anything he says about the Cowboys & DON'T post it on any Cowboy forums. That's the ultimate revenge not saying silly things like punching him out -- that just incites him more.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
EPL0c0;2283347 said:
:hammer:
His job is to play the "bad boy" role. He does it on purpose, I thought ya'll knew that.

Bonecrusher#31

Reaction score
parcells316;2283294 said:
I'll get blasted for saying this here, but I think Jason Campbell is going to be a pretty good qb, if he isn't already.

Him and Romo have won the same number of playoff games.

And Jason Campbell has lead his team to the playoffs the same number of times as I have.

JPM

Reaction score
I love when that bag of turds picks against us.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Have any of you ever noticed that Skip hates hockey? If you ever have do you wonder why?

He was rejected for his High School hockey team and ever since he has had a vendetta against Hockey.

He was fired as the beat writer for the Dallas Cowboys for DMN. The pattern continues.

Why was he fired? Because of his incessant attacks on Troy Aikman. You are free to speculate on why he attacked Troy Aikman.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
EPL0c0;2283347 said:
Exactly and I'm stunned that this isn't understood.

It's not quantum physics. The E in ESPN stands for Entertainment. They could give a rat's patootie how factual Bayless' commentary actually is. All they do care about is the controversy that his commentary stirs up, which directly translates to more viewers, which ESPN can use to validate the cost of advertising on its network to its advertisers.

For those who still "don't get it", here are the formulas which ESPN uses:

Spoken nonsense + negative reactions = more viewers

More viewers = More $$$ from advertisers

Simple. This thread is proof that the formulas work like a charm. Exactly how do people think that they became, "The Worldwide Leader In Sports"? :confused: "Because of accurate and unbiased reporting of the sports world?" Please.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
This guy eats more Cowboy crow than anyone on the planet.

Sonny#9

Reaction score
Hostile;2283412 said:
Why was he fired? Because of his incessant attacks on Troy Aikman. You are free to speculate on why he attacked Troy Aikman.

I am going to guess and say maybe Troy rejected him?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CATCH17;2283420 said:
This guy eats more Cowboy crow than anyone on the planet.
More than likely ESPN is paying him more than enough so that he probably doesn't really care.

Deep_South

Reaction score
Bayless figures the Boys will lose a few games this year and recent history suggests that the Skins might just be the team to beat them. If they pull the upset, he can crow for the rest of the season about it, and if they don't, he'll just be wrong as usual.