Skip Bayless says Jason Campbell better than Romo and that Skins will win Sunday

Nav22

Reaction score
Skip's a genius. This thread is proof of that.

CoCo

Reaction score
Teague31;2284204 said:
can't we all just agree to never post anything from this idiot ever again.

I personally don't mind if its posted.

Its the fact that folks get all outraged and don't understand its his schtick even when there are posts above and below theirs pointing it out to them.

Honestly, at some point they deserve all the high blood pressure it brings them...

Apefist

Reaction score
I think Skip Bayless has gone crazy from drinking his own urine. He's the Michael Jackson of sports commentators. He probably has a big statue of himself in his foyer, and keeps pictures of himself in his wallet. He's had it in for the Cowboys since he made a pass at Troy Aikman, and Aikman rebuffed him. That's when Bayless started writing all the "Troy's gay" crud he's most known for. I mean, listen to the way Bayless talks (and I don't mean to insult gay people, just of the two of them, if one were gay, the smart money says Bayless).

How ironic is it that Aikman is a bigger name in sportscasting after doing it less than 10 years than Bayless has ever been after like, 40 years?

Now, when Bayless sees a Dallas QB, he has a seizure and thinks it's Troy exposing Bayless for the fraud he is. He sees Tony Romo? It's Troy! He sees Drew Bledsoe? It's Troy! He sees Quincy Carter? It's Troy! And because Troy hurt him so, once upon a time, when Bayless said Troy would never lead the Cowboys to the Super Bowl and Troy did so 3 out of 4 years, and nearly did that 3rd year, too, Bayless is a sad broken man whose every comment or hot sports opinion is unsophisticated and always very wrong.

#9, to poor dumb Skip Bayless, is #8, don't you see? And #8 is the worst QB ever to don that helmet with the star, never to know the thrill of championship...

ESPN must have lost a bet to keep that caustic moron on the air, like that. Either that or he has pics of the CEO with a stripper doing stripper type things. Only just before SKip Bayless finally goes to the place where the devil lives, will he finally see that #9 is not in fact #8. That #8 is a Hall of Famer. That #9 soon will have broken all of #8's records. And that #9's legacy is that of #8's & #12's: SUPER BOWL GLORY!

HailDirty30

Reaction score
Hey guys, Skins fan here. Just joined your forum. I saw this thread and found it a respectable one to contribute my first post. I wish I woulda seen Skip say that earlier, just because it'd be sweet to hear. Just gotta say I can't agree with him. I love JC, but Romo's got the track record to prove Skip wrong...except in the playoffs :) Anyways good luck on sunday and HAIL!!!!

CNY Cowboy

Benched
Reaction score
Since there are some of you in the know. Knowing That Skip Clueless used to write for the Boys years back, What made him Hate The Boys so Much.
Did he get fired or did the Boys tell him to take a hike.

The man seems to go out of his way to slam Dallas every chance he gets.:mad:

Just curious.:rolleyes:

jimmy40

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;2283242 said:
I know, I know, it's to be expected, don't pay attention, blah, blah, blah.

My question is how this guy still has a job. He is too dumb to be allowed to live, let alone get air time everyday on the world's #1 sports station.
Skip rules.

again.

Rudy

Reaction score
I watch him every day just to get pissed off. It's incredible. I hate him more than any celebrity in the world, but he's like a car crash to me that I can't turn away. I'm part of the problem! Plus, I'm a bartender so I usually wake up around noon when he on air...it fires me up like coffee does to others.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Nav22;2284234 said:

CoCo;2284274 said:
I personally don't mind if its posted.

Its the fact that folks get all outraged and don't understand its his schtick even when there are posts above and below theirs pointing it out to them.

Honestly, at some point they deserve all the high blood pressure it brings them...

:hammer:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
CNY Cowboy;2284511 said:
Since there are some of you in the know. Knowing That Skip Clueless used to write for the Boys years back, What made him Hate The Boys so Much.
Did he get fired or did the Boys tell him to take a hike.

The man seems to go out of his way to slam Dallas every chance he gets.:mad:

Just curious.:rolleyes:

He has hitched his wagon to the Cowboys when they were successful and has gone from there.

He knows the Cowboys are the best team with the most fans, and he also knows that to be in the media business, you have to make people hate you. Few people react when you say or write what they say or think. But when you say something opposite what others do, watch out - the hate letters/emails come flowing.

And columnists love nothing better than hate mail because it tells them they're connecting with people.

That's why Howard Cosell was popular. That's why Muhammad Ali was popular. People LOVED to hate them.

Skip is smart in that he figured that out, using America's Team, and he's milked it for all it's worth.

Five pages of criticism attests to his "genius." ;)

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
Nav22;2284234 said:

No doubt. He's created a living by just riling up people. You would think, at some point, people would realize this and entirely dismiss his comments. Why does it bother people? He doesn't even pretend to act like he is trying a knowledgeable person with legitimate opinions.

Gibbs II

Reaction score
Although Skip tends to say some unusual things, I will say, compared to your everyday analyst, he does get a lot of these wierd predictions right. Although, you can attribute some of it to quantity, not quality.

I think its irresponsible to say that the skins have no chance of winning. Apparently Damon Jones was hyping the cowboys up so much and riding their nuts on 1st and 10 (from what i have heard) that it only seemed right to temper that by going to the opposite end of the spectrum.

Either way it doesnt matter what any of these people think. I will say that skip would have more credibility than a Damon Jones... what are his credentials.. he once claimed he had the best jumper?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
HailDirty30;2284460 said:
Hey guys, Skins fan here. Just joined your forum. I saw this thread and found it a respectable one to contribute my first post. I wish I woulda seen Skip say that earlier, just because it'd be sweet to hear. Just gotta say I can't agree with him. I love JC, but Romo's got the track record to prove Skip wrong...except in the playoffs :) Anyways good luck on sunday and HAIL!!!!
I like your username.

:welcome: to The Zone.

Here's to no injuries.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I have never dwelled on Skippy like a lot of you.

Yet, if he said this, it is astounding in its . . . cluelessness.
Middle age crazies, maybe.

goons

Reaction score
Skip figured out that there are a lot of people who love the Cowboys, and a lot of people who hate them. The haters didn't have a band leader, so he picked up the baton. He did it when he was in Dallas, covering the Cowboys when Landry was coach. He's done it ever since. I don't think Skip actually hates the Cowboys, or believes in his predictions. He just knows there are people who want to read them. The haters read their bandleader's columns to lend an air of legitimacy to their hate, and the fans read it to get riled up at his predictions and call him stupid. Skip's not stupid, he's made a career out of pandering to his base with a simple formula that requires little thought and brings great rewards.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
I'm about to go Communist on these threads

they are on my list of banned reading materials

but I can't help myself reading the outrage for Skip, countered by the outrage for the outrage

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;2283242 said:
I know, I know, it's to be expected, don't pay attention, blah, blah, blah.

My question is how this guy still has a job. He is too dumb to be allowed to live, let alone get air time everyday on the world's #1 sports station.

Dumb isn't nearly as bad as having a seething, out of control, vendetta. And it would be nice if BSPN and other media employers had the courage to see his blatant unprofessionalism and chose not to employ him. It's kind of like the Chicago Sun and Jay Mariotti thing. For all of the talk of the Chicago Sun burying Jay Mariotti for being unprofessional and not liked, the fact is that they were more than willing to keep him around until Mariotti left because they were too gutless to do the right thing and not put up with unethical and unprofessional writers who made them money.

Skip, ESPN, you're blatant cowards and karma is a nasty thing.

YAKUZA