Skip Bayless Thinks Eagles Have A Better Roster

kskboys

Reaction score
I'd replace Jerry with YOU in a New York minute if I could.

I think Howie is overrated but i'm not arguing about who's been the better GM. But i'd go as far as to say Cowboys have drafted much better than he has.

And i'm noticing why people feel he's so good. Its because he's drafting guys high on Mel Kiper's board and well known players but no one is following up on what those players do.

Jalen Carter was a no brainer last year but i'll even give him credit for having the nuts to get him even though I don' tthink it took much nuts drafting the best player in the draft at 9....but all these drafts he's getting A+ are being regraded years later and its not getting the same grade.

Only thing i'll say he's done well is he's managed to get a lot of capital out of players he no longer wants. He's excelled at that.
And that is what makes a good GM.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Let's be real, on paper is there doubt they are? That being said this is only a topic because the idiot Skip is just looking to be Skip. Even if they are better on paper, games are played on grass not milled products

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Well I hate the eagles to be fair though the best rosters don’t always win. You can’t convince me Houston has a better roster than Baltimore but they won

I wasn’t convinced GB has better roster they won.

Sometimes a play here a play there wins

I don’t know why Philly imploded last year but they did so with a better a roster than us

I hate skippy too btw

Well this the thing....I think all of this happens for a reason.

Even in the Cowboys v Packers series.....yes, I thought we'd win but I said people are underestimating them because people didn't know who their players were. That's how people gauge talent. How much talent do you have that we've heard of. And its why upsets happen. It was proven that Cowboys weren't that much more talented than the Packers and that's probably putting it nicely.

Same goes for Philly. On paper they are great. But what happens when father time catches up to those "popular" players and youth prevails? You could get a upset.

I say that to say this....Philly while had a good roster had some glaring holes that no one saw because they had names. Bradberry and Slay....sucked down the stretch. But they are big names. Shaq Leonard....sucked. Kevin Byard? No one mentions how Philly traded a 5th and 6th for him and he sucked for them.

Philly on paper had a good draft. I won't take that from them. But Skip is being a idiot and is trolling for click bait because his show has lost ratings since Shannon left and honestly his show would be better if Skip himself wasn't on it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
C.J. Stroud is not better than Lamar Jackson. Now. In one season, Stroud has demonstrated the potential of becoming an NFL MVP down the road. Whether that ever happens is up to the Texans and him.
I agree. Potentially the sky is the limit for Stroud. But I can't insult a 2 time league MVP like that over one rookie season.

kskboys

Reaction score
C.J. Stroud is not better than Lamar Jackson. Now. In one season, Stroud has demonstrated the potential of becoming an NFL MVP down the road. Whether that ever happens is up to the Texans and him.
He's a better QB, absolutely. Lamar is better at running the ball, Stroud has already passed him up as a passer.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
And that is what makes a good GM.
Yes and no. Yes, that's a great quality to have as a GM. But that's not what makes a GM to me. John Lynch seems to suck at trades but he's built a hell of a roster and makes up for it.

From the outside looking in.....i've seen Howie bust on a lot of players especially in the 1st round. Ideally, that's not a GM i'd want.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yes and no. Yes, that's a great quality to have as a GM. But that's not what makes a GM to me. John Lynch seems to suck at trades but he's built a hell of a roster and makes up for it.

From the outside looking in.....i've seen Howie bust on a lot of players especially in the 1st round. Ideally, that's not a GM i'd want.
I can agree w/ that.

Problem is, our GM's biggest issue is holding onto players way too long and getting no value from them as they leave.

kskboys

Reaction score
Because of ONE rookie season? Wild.
And vision. Stroud gets it, it's blatantly obvious when you watch him.

BTW, this is my opinion. I believe Stroud has already passed up Lamar. He hadn't at the beginning of the season, but by the end he had. Opinion.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree. Potentially the sky is the limit for Stroud. But I can't insult a 2 time league MVP like that over one rookie season.
Yep. Stroud far exceeded my expectations of what he would do as a rookie but Jackson had an arguably great overall 2023 season. It may have been even better if John Harbaugh had basically sat his league best rushing offense playing Kansas City in the AFC Championship game. That was a butt stupid decision.

raven55

Reaction score
he's right howie knows how to work contracts. and look at dumb and dumber they have backed them selves into a corner with 3 contracts and if i was cee dee play out this year i throw them to the wolves

kskboys

Reaction score
What do you mean? That ended up being genius and working out well for him. Unless i'm missing something?
No, it didn't. He finally signed a contract that was almost identical to the one the Ravens had been offering all along. How do you consider it genius? He made a fool out of himself.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I can agree w/ that.

Problem is, our GM's biggest issue is holding onto players way too long and getting no value from them as they leave.
Well hey....i'm not defending our GM in favor of Howie or Lynch. We know our guy is flawed. The whole structure of this organization is flawed we don't even know what to blame him for or what to give him credit. Its terrible.

But yeah holding on to players too long is definitely a big issue.

If they had no intentions of bringing back Biadiz and Armstrong those guys should've been traded. For SOMETHING.

But our GM is trying to master the art of getting comp picks that have proven not to have any say on whether you win or lose in this league.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's a better QB, absolutely. Lamar is better at running the ball, Stroud has already passed him up as a passer.
Stroud is a very good quarterback and impressed the hell out of me but he was not better than Jackson as a quarterback in his rookie season.