Skip Bayless Thinks Eagles Have A Better Roster

kskboys

Reaction score
Yep. Stroud far exceeded my expectations of what he would do as a rookie but Jackson had an arguably great overall 2023 season. It may have been even better if John Harbaugh had basically sat his league best rushing offense playing Kansas City in the AFC Championship game. That was a butt stupid decision.
I didn't see that game. I concluded that the nasty KC D front shut down their running game and forced them to pass. That not what happened?

kskboys

Reaction score
Stroud is a very good quarterback and impressed the hell out of me but he was not better than Jackson as a quarterback in his rookie season.
Yes, he was. By the end of the season. Once again, opinion.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I didn't see that game. I concluded that the nasty KC D front shut down their running game and forced them to pass. That not what happened?
lol. No. You should locate a full game and see it for yourself.

starfan1

Reaction score
Well this the thing....I think all of this happens for a reason.

Even in the Cowboys v Packers series.....yes, I thought we'd win but I said people are underestimating them because people didn't know who their players were. That's how people gauge talent. How much talent do you have that we've heard of. And its why upsets happen. It was proven that Cowboys weren't that much more talented than the Packers and that's probably putting it nicely.

Same goes for Philly. On paper they are great. But what happens when father time catches up to those "popular" players and youth prevails? You could get a upset.

I say that to say this....Philly while had a good roster had some glaring holes that no one saw because they had names. Bradberry and Slay....sucked down the stretch. But they are big names. Shaq Leonard....sucked. Kevin Byard? No one mentions how Philly traded a 5th and 6th for him and he sucked for them.

Philly on paper had a good draft. I won't take that from them. But Skip is being an idiot and is trolling for click bait because his show has lost ratings since Shannon left and honestly his show would be better if Skip himself wasn't on it.
Agreed on skippy being a moron looking for ratings

We’ll see about rosters and how they play out right now on paper I agree with skippy ( barf) but it has to be decided on field

Creeper

Reaction score
I have to agree with Skip, which I do not do very often. Let's look at them vs the Cowboys.

QB - I am not convinced by Hurts. This is the one position where Dallas has a clear advantage.
RB - they have Saquon Barkley, we have Rico Dowdle, and maybe Zeke. They win.
OT - We have Guyton, a rookie and Steele, a guy who struggled last year. They have Lane Johnson and Jordan Mialata. Huge advantage to the Eagles
OG - We have Tyler Smith and Zack Martin. They have Landon Dickerson and someone else. Dallas has the Edge here.
C - we have Brock Hoffman or Cooper Beebe. The Eagles have Cam Jurgens most likely, or Matt Hennessy. I am not convinced by Jurgens or Hennessy but I would give the Eagles the advantage only because their guys have experience and our guys are unknown.
TE - We have Ferguson and Schoonmaker. They have Dallas Goedert and Albert Okwuegbunam. I this this is a push, maybe the Eagles get a slight edge.
WRs - We have CeeDee, Cooks, Tolbert and some other guys. The have AJ Brown, DeVonta Smith, Parris Campbell, DeVonte Parker. The Eagles have the edge by a wide margin, IMO.

On defense

DE: We have DLaw and Sam Williams. They have Josh Sweat and Bryce Huff. I think they get the Edge.
Edge Rushers;: We have Micah Parsons, and I don't care who they have. We win.
DT: We have Mazi Smith, Osa Odighizuwa, and Carl Davis. They have Jalen Carter, Jordan Davis, Milton Williams and Marlin Tuipulotu. Huge advantage to the Eagles.
LBs: We have Overshown, Clark and Kendricks. They have Nakobe Dean, Devin White, Julian Okwara, Nolan Smith and more. Then win on depth alone.
CBs: We have Diggs, Bland and Lewis. They have Bradberry, Darius Slay, Avante Maddux, and drafted Quinyon Mitchell. I think this is close but if Mitchell is anything like they say, they get the edge.
S: We have Bell, Hooker, and Wilson, with Juanyeh Thomas and Israel Mukuamu. The Eagles have Blankenship, Gardner-Johnson and Sydney Brown. They might also use Cooper DeJean in a safety role. This is a tough call, but I think the Eagles get the edge. Blankenship turned out to be pretty good last year and Gardner-Johnson had a great year with the Eagles two years ago. Wilson was up and down last year. Hooker was invisible way too often. Bell showed promise but he played a hybrid role last year.

Regardless, looking at both rosters, other than QB and Micah Parsons as an edge rusher, I think the Eagles roster is overall better than the Cowboys. But no one should expect anything else considering how little the Cowboys did in the off-season.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Don't have to. He did that to himself w/ that clusterfudge contract fight by representing himself.
What do you mean? That ended up being genius and working out well for him. Unless i'm missing something?
What? It was a smart decision by Lamar and worked out well for him. He bypassed greedy agents, bro, I am failing to see how that’s even relevant to this convo, or am I missing something. I thought this was about CJ and Lamar’s performances on the field.

Ken

Reaction score
He said the same thing in 2022 when the eagles had the "Georgia draft".

Cowboys got hated on and ended up with 2 all pros and a bunch of starters/contributers.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Might have to.

So, Harby has the best running QB the game has ever seen, and went Passpasspass?
Here is a write-up for the game (link). My advice is to read the entire article. Take into account what Harbaugh said, especially the last paragraph. He makes good points. However, then go BACK and re-read the second paragraph.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No, it didn't. He finally signed a contract that was almost identical to the one the Ravens had been offering all along. How do you consider it genius? He made a fool out of himself.
Lamar Jackson rejected a Ravens' 6-yr contract offer with $133 million fully guaranteed at signing.......

Lamar Jackson signed a 5 year , $260,000,000 contract with the Baltimore Ravens, including $72,500,000 signing bonus, $185,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $52,000,000.

He got more money it wasn't the same exact deal....

Not only that but the GM came out and admitted it was tough for him because he had to negotiate with Lamar and couldn't talk to him like he could talk to an agent.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He said the same thing in 2022 when the eagles had the "Georgia draft".

Cowboys got hated on and ended up with 2 all pros and a bunch of starters/contributers.
Damn good point. And did Skip come out and say he was wrong? Of course not lol.

Btw, not ONE PERSON on this site had us getting 2 All Pro's in that draft. Just like Skip though they are the loudest on draft night but never a peep after the fact lol.

Reactions: Ken

shabazz

Reaction score
news flash Skip - people only watch your show when Dallas is bad

Well, if a 5-13 playoff record is GOOD, people have been watching Skippy since 1996

Just another opinion from a talking head

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
And vision. Stroud gets it, it's blatantly obvious when you watch him.

BTW, this is my opinion. I believe Stroud has already passed up Lamar. He hadn't at the beginning of the season, but by the end he had. Opinion.

I'm with you on your opinion of Stroud. I'd like to see it for another year and we all know year 2 is when t hings get tricky but I agree with your opinion of Stroud. Your opinion of Lamar is the one i'm like ehhhhh...on. He's not nearly as bad of a passer as you are making it sound.

kskboys

Reaction score
Lamar Jackson rejected a Ravens' 6-yr contract offer with $133 million fully guaranteed at signing.......

Lamar Jackson signed a 5 year , $260,000,000 contract with the Baltimore Ravens, including $72,500,000 signing bonus, $185,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $52,000,000.

He got more money it wasn't the same exact deal....

Not only that but the GM came out and admitted it was tough for him because he had to negotiate with Lamar and couldn't talk to him like he could talk to an agent.
That's at signing, not sure what that means.

He was offered around the same amount w/ 175 mil guaranteed. Instead of countering w/ a legit offer, he insisted he wanted it all guaranteed. When he finally signed, it wasn't that far off from the previous last offer.

The 133 mil was just an opening salvo.

kskboys

Reaction score
I'm with you on your opinion of Stroud. I'd like to see it for another year and we all know year 2 is when t hings get tricky but I agree with your opinion of Stroud. Your opinion of Lamar is the one i'm like ehhhhh...on. He's not nearly as bad of a passer as you are making it sound.
He's a much better passer than I ever thought he would, no doubt about that!!!!!!!!!!!!! However, he keeps failing miserably as a passer w/ the game on the line. He reminds me way too much of Dak in that regard. To be a top passer, you must be able to produce against good D's and in the playoffs.