Video: Skip knows Jerry

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Can’t stand Skip but I hope he is right. Jerry loves when his guys are loyal. Zeke has quietly been a pain in the arse since day 1. This is 51/49 going to end badly for Zeke supporters.

I.e. he loves guys who bow down to his ego and makes zero noise about it. I love seeing our terrible owner fumed and mad. People who say Zeke has no leverage are naive and burying their head in the sand. Dallas has absolutely no backup plan right now behind Zeke. Their whole offense is what Zeke brings to the table. Without him, this season would be bad. 2015 bad. Zeke knows that. Let's see if Jerry has the stones to throw this season in the toilet because of his ego.

They are already on record saying they want to pay Zeke, Amari and Dak. Who cares if it is 2 years sooner than later. The cap will continue to rise anyways. They can easily do it. Get it done and move on.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I.e. he loves guys who bow down to his ego and makes zero noise about it. I love seeing our terrible owner fumed and mad. People who say Zeke has no leverage are naive and burying their head in the sand. Dallas has absolutely no backup plan right now behind Zeke. Their whole offense is what Zeke brings to the table. Without him, this season would be bad. 2015 bad. Zeke knows that. Let's see if Jerry has the stones to throw this season in the toilet because of his ego.

They are already on record saying they want to pay Zeke, Amari and Dak. Who cares if it is 2 years sooner than later. The cap will continue to rise anyways. They can easily do it. Get it done and move on.
If Jerry caves in and pays Zeke while there are still 2 years left on Zeke's rookie deal, other players are going to start doing the same. It sets the wrong precedent and can actually become financially destructive for the team during this salary cap age. Plus, ownership loses all leverage.

Whyjerry

Reaction score

I think you are wrong on the contracts. I am no fan of Jerry so you dusting him is fine by me. The Cowboys are victims of their own success with early draft picks. These are starting to pile up. Jaylon Smith is the next guy that will NEED to be paid. Look at that Wagner contract. Quietly the DL is going to be an issue. What if Gregory plays great this year and Quinn is on a one year contract? Somebody has to play opposite DLaw and that is one of the most expensive positions in the league. Collins is a talent. Injury prone but talented. This is a contract year for him. What if he plays and delivers for 16 games? You going to let him walk away? There is not an infinite sum of money here. Zeke is looking at 13-15 million per. For a RB with questionable character that is a real issue. Zeke not being a Cowboy in a couple seasons is a real possibility. Just my opinion.

Jeffkills

Reaction score
Emmitt was a total class act, always balled out in the playoffs, and wasn't another incident away from NFL banishment.

Zeke doens't perform like Emmitt, and he's still got TWO more years under contract.

Emmitt wouldn't be the guy who screwed over the entire team's SB chances with TWO years left on his deal; he'd honor his existing contract like a man - at least until he won the rushing title and SB MVP in back-to-back years...

Last edited:

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score

I doubt I bro, Dallas will make the playoff without Zeke.

What happened to Zeke when he played Rams

Swanny

Reaction score
It was Emmitt's last year of his rookie deal. Zeke still has 2 years left. Big difference.
I don't think Emmitt was under contract if I remember right? This was just before free agency. Someone please tell me if I'm right or wrong

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
If Jerry caves in and pays Zeke while there are still 2 years left on Zeke's rookie deal, other players are going to start doing the same. It sets the wrong precedent and can actually become financially destructive for the team during this salary cap age. Plus, ownership loses all leverage.

In this case, ownership gave leverage away. Some things are better left unsaid.

CPanther95

Reaction score

We all knew, even if some didn't want to admit it, that the instant the Gurley deal was signed Zeke was either getting a new contract or he was holding out this season.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
About the only thing Skip has done that has logic to it....