Skip predicts Earl will start vs Panthers!

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
I know everyone is tired of the Earl Thomas threads and I really am as well but Skip just might be on to something here with the recent injuries and all.....

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
He comes from the Kris Richard school of thought and scheme. He will be fine if he comes here with little prep. What worries me would be giving up too much in return. Love it if we can get him,but for a fair price.

Don't worry for a second about the cost Rayman. Hasn't happened. Not gonna happen. Not sayin ET wouldn't fix one of our problems, but not sayin he would either. Am saying we aren't going to find out. If skippy is right I will gladly eat those words

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I know everyone is tired of the Earl Thomas threads and I really am as well but Skip just might be on to something here with the recent injuries and all.....

Somebody is going to cut a veteran safety when the rosters have to get down by 53. And whoever Dallas gets won't cost them a high draft pick and an insane contract.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
We cannot totally dismiss ET and the effectiveness he would add to the entire team. This could very well happen. We have a dire need.Seattle must do right by Thomas and their own team and cut a fair deal. Either resign him or trade him.

Seattle isn't limited to those two choices, and no GM wants to reward guys for holding out while under contract. They can do what they've been doing - nothing.

Flamma

Reaction score

Seattle knows this. You think they're going to ask for just a 2nd now? I think any reasonable opportunity for Dallas has passed.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Don't worry for a second about the cost Rayman. Hasn't happened. Not gonna happen. Not sayin ET wouldn't fix one of our problems, but not sayin he would either. Am saying we aren't going to find out. If skippy is right I will gladly eat those words
Ole Skip is what he is.. a sports shock jock. Always has been. He's mostly annoying,thus I rarely even watch any sports talk-opinion shows. Every now and again he makes some sense...but its rare these days.He's one of a long list of so called journalists that once were good,that have lost all perspective of what it is they do for a living.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Seattle isn't limited to those two choices, and no GM wants to reward guys for holding out while under contract. They can do what they've been doing - nothing.
True but in the end its bad for all parties involved.

Big_D

Reaction score
31 other teams aren't biting. Sure there might be a few with solid safety situations, but there are plenty who can use Thomas. This speaks volumes. No one is giving Seattle's price and if they decide to lower that price, there will be others with interest. The Seahawks are going to run with the best deal possible.

Rayman70

Reaction score
31 other teams aren't biting. Sure there might be a few with solid safety situations, but there are plenty who can use Thomas. This speaks volumes. No one is giving Seattle's price and if they decide to lower that price, there will be others with interest. The Seahawks are going to run with the best deal possible.
what about the ONLY deal? As far as we know, we are the only team to make a real offer...Isn't it better to get something for him than to get absolutely nothing?

9of11

Reaction score
Would be nice, I really dont care who's out there as long as we win.

bandfan

Reaction score
If Namath had lost, you wouldn't be able to find 2 people today that remembered his prediction. Call it and Skip looks good otherwise everyone just forgets....

Rayman70

Reaction score
He is 100% hoping (for views only) that Dallas would make the trade.
yup...it helps the show if he's right. Its all about clicks and views. He could care less on a personal level what happens...its about MONEY.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
The Seahawks play the Panthers in Week 12, so it's very possible that Earl Thomas will start against the Panthers.

Yep. ET has to show by week 12 for 2018 to count towards his years of service.

Big_D

Reaction score
what about the ONLY deal? As far as we know, we are the only team to make a real offer...Isn't it better to get something for him than to get absolutely nothing?

Seahawks are showing no urgency at all to get rid of Thomas or that they are willing to lower their asking price. Looks like they're keeping the ball in Thomas' court. Show up or stay home. Those were his options on draft day and those are his options in late August.