Skip predicts Earl will start vs Panthers!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Considering they could've had a 3rd this year, I don't see how they would all of a sudden be OK with a 3rd next year? Obviously no one is biting on a 1st and 3rd so it looks like that stalemate will continue.

If he’s determined to leave it’s just moronic to let him walk for nothing.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
I didnt know seattle played the Panthers week 1 I thought the cowboys did.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Seattle’s in rebuild mode. They’ve already dumped his running mates in the legion of boom. Even if they see him as a bid difference-maker on D it probably still doesn’t make sense to pay him market rate in their circumstances. If Dallas thinks he gives them a shot (this year and for the next few) an Eric Berry type deal makes a ton more sense.

You wouldn't know it by looking at this board but the Cowboys aren't the only team who could trade for ET - surely Dallas couldn't be the only team who could benefit from a guy some people think should get $13 million/year starting at age 30 (next year). :rolleyes:

So far, the "market" says ET isn't worth what he thinks. It also doesn't buy Seattle's trade demands. I agree with the market.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
If he’s determined to leave it’s just moronic to let him walk for nothing.

It's even more "moronic" for a GM to send the message that you can hold out under contract and get what you want. He wouldn't walk for "nothing", either.

But I know none of that matters to the guys who have been convincing themselves ET was coming to Dallas for the last 6 months.

kevm3

Reaction score
Bringing in earl would be a fantastic move if we can get him for a 2nd. I need something THIS season to keep me interested, because that offense is looking atrocious. I don't care if we're not 'one player away' from winning the superbowl. We'll never be 1 player away, so if you have the chance to add someone who has been the best safety in the league for a second, I say do it.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Bringing in earl would be a fantastic move if we can get him for a 2nd. I need something THIS season to keep me interested, because that offense is looking atrocious. I don't care if we're not 'one player away' from winning the superbowl. We'll never be 1 player away, so if you have the chance to add someone who has been the best safety in the league for a second, I say do it.

Don't worry , zeke will make this offense look like top 10 ...

IF we lose zeke, then we are done.

davidariust24

Reaction score
I'd like it to happen but I don't think so. I'd like to sign Eric Reid though. He was a guy we targeted in the draft. We traded the pick to the niners hoping he would slide down further and the niners took him. His intelligence is higher than someone like Frazier Heath and his athleticism is top notch add this guy and he will help make our defense top 2 or three and he AND Thomas we are number 1

Flamma

Reaction score
2nd and 5th and 50mil guaranteed?

No way. No way. No way. No way.

I'd say no to the guaranteed money alone. Safeties have been going for 1.5mil. The market is way down. Get the best that comes available and don't mortgage the future.

Yeah, that wouldn't be smart. Dallas could reasonably expect him to play 2-3 years for the Cowboys. That's where all of the guaranteed money has to be. Like I said before, between 36-40m, and that's stretching it. The actual years beyond his 3rd won't be an issue. Pay him if he's still worth it, or cut him if need be.

The other way to do it is to give him a long term deal and guarantee nothing beyond his signing bonus and maybe first year salary. The incentive would be a slightly higher payout after 3 years into the contract, but not much, he'd have to earn it. Either way it's basically the same contract structured differently.

Rayman70

Reaction score
no. A 2nd is too rich. A 3rd and MAYBE a future 2020 5th rd pick. Anything more is ridiculous for a guy that might have 3 years left of decent ball.

InTheZone

Reaction score
ET won't be a Cowboy this year. And may not even be considered next year if our starters look good, like they should.

Toomany10pins

Reaction score
Word of advice: Just Skip, Bayless!

I loved Skip’s XLVIII prediction, couldn’t have been more wrong!