Skip predicts Earl will start vs Panthers!

Rayman70

Reaction score
Seahawks are showing no urgency at all to get rid of Thomas or that they are willing to lower their asking price. Looks like they're keeping the ball in Thomas' court. Show up or stay home. Those were his options on draft day and those are his options in late August.
who will blink first? Hmm..

Big_D

Reaction score
who will blink first? Hmm..

Considering they could've had a 3rd this year, I don't see how they would all of a sudden be OK with a 3rd next year? Obviously no one is biting on a 1st and 3rd so it looks like that stalemate will continue.

Aven8

Reaction score
Lol, people still thinking that Jerry runs any part of these kind of things anymore is naive.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Considering they could've had a 3rd this year, I don't see how they would all of a sudden be OK with a 3rd next year? Obviously no one is biting on a 1st and 3rd so it looks like that stalemate will continue.

The only logical answer I can think of is Seattle realizing they aren't getting Thomas this year, so they might as well take the 3rd round pick after all.

But I don't see them caving in to Earl. Both the Seahawks and Cowboys appear ready to wait him out. No urgency by anybody, it seems.....

Big_D

Reaction score
Lol, people still thinking that Jerry runs any part of these kind of things anymore is naive.

If this were the Jerry years - 2 firsts and the highest paid non QB in the NFL. And Jersey sales would be the driving force behind that decision.

Aven8

Reaction score
If this were the Jerry years - 2 firsts and the highest paid non QB in the NFL. And Jersey sales would be the driving force behind that decision.

That's my point....the national media is so out of the loop with this team it's not even funny.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is no chance the Cowboys are giving Thomas a 6 year deal near 80M at the age of 29. And give up a 2nd round pick to boot. I've been pro ET from day one, but to give him a contract like that would make them as dumb as a bag of rocks.

What they could do is give him guaranteed money over the first 3 years of his contract to the tune of 36-40M and put any amount of money they want for the last 3 years.

I agree. Those numbers Shannon was throwing around were insane.

But of course they were, because - Cowboys.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We cannot totally dismiss ET and the effectiveness he would add to the entire team. This could very well happen. We have a dire need.Seattle must do right by Thomas and their own team and cut a fair deal. Either resign him or trade him.

But Thomas also needs to understand his own circumstances and have reasonable contract expectations.

If Seattle isn't extending him because his demands are outrageous, we shouldn't either. And he should realize that he's a big part of the reason why he's in limbo.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
what about the ONLY deal? As far as we know, we are the only team to make a real offer...Isn't it better to get something for him than to get absolutely nothing?

Every player (and GM) in the league is watching. If holding out while under contract gets a player what he wants, this sort of thing will happen more often. No GM wants that.

dwreck27

Reaction score
I would have believed it but Earl sitting out training camp with the Seahawks and legit not doing football workouts will have him shaky to start he won’t have his legs/body right for at least 3 or 4 weeks

If he has been in camp I would have said yeah no problem with his ex coordinator being here being able to simplify the transition really easily

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Before you say you don't like Skip Bayless, he has predicted a lot of moves in the past and knows Jerry...........

2nd and 5th and 50mil guaranteed?

No way. No way. No way. No way.

I'd say no to the guaranteed money alone. Safeties have been going for 1.5mil. The market is way down. Get the best that comes available and don't mortgage the future.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
We cannot totally dismiss ET and the effectiveness he would add to the entire team. This could very well happen. We have a dire need.Seattle must do right by Thomas and their own team and cut a fair deal. Either resign him or trade him.

Yeah it makes a ton of sense. There’s a good chance they are playing a game of chicken, as Skip suggests. We’ll see.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
But Thomas also needs to understand his own circumstances and have reasonable contract expectations.

If Seattle isn't extending him because his demands are outrageous, we shouldn't either. And he should realize that he's a big part of the reason why he's in limbo.

Seattle’s in rebuild mode. They’ve already dumped his running mates in the legion of boom. Even if they see him as a bid difference-maker on D it probably still doesn’t make sense to pay him market rate in their circumstances. If Dallas thinks he gives them a shot (this year and for the next few) an Eric Berry type deal makes a ton more sense.