Skip & Screamin A Nail It On The Cowboys and Garrett

Wayne02

Reaction score
Why was the race card even brought up... especially when SAS even said that wasn't the reason Garrett is still the coach? It's like he just looks for any reason to work that crap into his discussions, no matter how flimsy... even to the point where he dismisses it himself.

As a black man, I agree that SAS brings race up too much, even when it isn't warranted. He's the epitome of the boy who cries wolf. There may come a point where race plays a major part in the sports world and no one is going to take SAS seriously about it because he has worn it out.

jwitten82

Reaction score
When has the media not called out the Cowboys for anything. Let's get real.

We need to listen to our own sports talk and stop feeding into the propaganda....but you won't.

This time the media is right

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Now Ill be the first to say these 2 idiots on BSPN are just clowns most of the time but they nailed it about Jerry & Jason and why Mr Teflon still has a job. SAS brought up the race issue and the frustrations for blacks in America and how thy dont get as many passes as the white Garrett but he clarified that he wasnt saying Red has his job still because he is white but because Jerry likes him.

Any other coach with Red's track record would have been fired was the point of what they said and IMO they nailed it.

so if race has nothing to do with why is it injected into the conversation?

when a journalist is running low on hits, lob out the race card. while i don't deny that jones likes him and we know how loyal jones can be, none of that has to do with race.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Now Ill be the first to say these 2 idiots on BSPN are just clowns most of the time but they nailed it about Jerry & Jason and why Mr Teflon still has a job. SAS brought up the race issue and the frustrations for blacks in America and how thy dont get as many passes as the white Garrett but he clarified that he wasnt saying Red has his job still because he is white but because Jerry likes him.

Any other coach with Red's track record would have been fired was the point of what they said and IMO they nailed it.

Anyone who watches those idiots need to check themselves for mental competency. Come on man.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Anyone who watches those idiots need to check themselves for mental competency. Come on man.

Its background noise while Im working. Dont care to watch the news or business channel today. Not feeling like tunes either.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Not the local media. They come up with every excuse under the son for blame except him.

Maybe Briel, his wife, makes them sandwiches for the pressers!

The local media never judges him on his entire tenure as our coach.

Like Idgit, they just make excuses for this year.

We could all look past just this year if we didn't have years and years and years of information on this guy.

We know him by now and we know that his only real qualities are handling the media and getting the team to play hard.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Despite his propensity to "imitate", we will beat Green Bay this weekend.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I place Garrett in the same category as Jim Buss. Yet another imitator that is destroying my Lakers.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Then why did he bring up race if it's just because Jerry likes him? Why even mention it?

I'm kind of casually scrolling this thread and topic. Saw this post and stopped bc you're an interesting poster. When I saw SAS played the race card I was surprised. Even if it was SAS. Does everything have to be about race? Can't we all just get along?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Its background noise while Im working. Dont care to watch the news or business channel today. Not feeling like tunes either.
You're more selective about certain types of background noise than I am. I would rather stab my eardrums with a steak knife than listen to those two.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The local media never judges him on his entire tenure as our coach.

Like Idgit, they just make excuses for this year.

We could all look past just this year if we didn't have years and years and years of information on this guy.

We know him by now and we know that his only real qualities are handling the media and getting the team to play hard.

Lol. There was a dig out of nowhere.

I'm happy to talk coaching whenever you are, Catch. Let's just keep the criticism above the level of knee jerk second guessing if we can.

I've never backed away from the topic of his record in prior seasons because I don't happen to believe a good coach can't have a .500 team under the right circumstances.