Twitter: Skruggs: Cowboys source on Garrett “No one is in his corner”

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Some have left this board some are still here. I know who they are and they know who they are. Hiding in their rabbit holes
Most of them started their own board.

But don't worry, they're still at their old tricks. Now, they are rallying behind Jerry and that he has a behind-the-scenes agreement with Belichick to come here.

Their ability to be so wrong so often never ceases to amaze me

lonestar2288

Reaction score
#4. He's too emotionally involved. If he let's the season play out, Garrett can leave and they can call it a "mutual" agreement. Nothing they've shown the past 3 games hints that this can be turned around for the better, so it's a safe assumption it's an inevitable conclusion

lostar2009

Reaction score
Only issue with that is either Rod, Kris or Kellen will be elevated for the interim. The team will invariably get a boost just as it did when Jason took over. That would give Jerry false hope and probably make the interim permanent rather than clean house and make an thorough head coach search. Maybe only if Rod is elevated does he not succumb and make the interim permanent.

Use it in our favor then move on. You can also sign them to a short term deal 1-2 years.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
IMO they have several games they are likely to win and have a good shot at the Division. Everything at this point is about seeing if the team can develop some cohesion before the playoffs start. Garrett is gone after the season without a doubt but making a change late in the season and trying to institute a new scheme on the fly usually does more harm than good.
Yeah, it's gotta be pretty bad to fire the HC mid season.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Most of them started their own board.

But don't worry, they're still at their old tricks. Now, they are rallying behind Jerry and that he has a behind-the-scenes agreement with Belichick to come here.

Their ability to be so wrong so often never ceases to amaze me

That’s not what was said.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever seen anyone call him a "great" HC. He's not the worst in the league, but he's certainly not the best. I think at most, I've seen him called "good", or "above average".

It’s happened, but even those who shall remain nameless and absent have backed off recently.

Dre11

Reaction score
Before the homers claim this is just Internet speculation, keep in mind.

1. Skruggs is a long time member of the Dallas media and has a lot of contacts with the team
2. Skruggs is not into clickbait or trying to sell subs like Fisher, what he reports is typically spot on

Bottom line is that if Skruggs says a team source told him this, its not bs. Skruggs doesn't just make chit up like that, so I am sure it happened. Now how much in the know is this source? That is the real question that needs to be asked.

Lol..i listen to this fool every Thursday and he gets clowned on the regular by Barry Church and Danny McCray. He brags about interviewing CJ Goodwin...lol

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
1) He wasn't told that.
2) Why would that be clap worthy by him? That's just dumb.
3) He's not done after this. Jerry said he has Jason's back.
4) Your wishful thinking is setting you up for a huge disappointment once again.

He will be done after this season unless this team pulls of a miracle and goes a long way.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
1) He wasn't told that.
2) Why would that be clap worthy by him? That's just dumb.
3) He's not done after this. Jerry said he has Jason's back.
4) Your wishful thinking is setting you up for a huge disappointment once again.

Bud lighten up It was a joke.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Exactly.. if anything Jerry has given Jason all the time in the world to succeed as a coach. It wasn’t Jerry that messed up Jason’s plan and process, it was Jason and the Garrett family, probably in tune with Stephen, that destroyed this organization. When Wade wanted to bring in Dan Reeves to oversee their RG and Jerry was about to make it happen, Jerry turned at the last minute because of, most likely, Jason losing control. When Callahan was changing the offense, Jerry allowed Jason to interfere and play politics. Jerry chose Felix Jones over Chris Johnson. Wade preferred the latter, but Garrett wanted Felix. Wade wanted to bring in Solari as an OL coach with zone blocking schemes, but Garrett brought in Houck. Jerry traded away a draft to get Roy Williams to save Garrett’s ailing offense, while Wade never believed in a first round pick for a WR.

If anything, Jason Garrett is the biggest example of Jerry’s loyalty and emotion getting the best of him more than even guys like Troy Aikman.

Looks like Jason did a lot to undermine Wade. Not only is Jason a bad coach. But from what you wrote it seems that he is too stubborn to listen to others.

This is his downfall. I could care less what happens to him. I wish he gets fired now. No sense in prolonging the agony which has dragged on more than 10 years.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Ok please not string this along. Let's fire him and move on.
After the season is the correct move. For many obvious reasons like they still have a chance to win the NFC East and make the playoffs. Firing him now is dumb.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
a lot of people did, but when the words were coming out the mouth of guys like TO and Dez, the homers had the excuses they needed. In other days, the defense was the excuse. Rob Ryan was the biggest excuse for the offensive ineptitude in 2012, when Jerry fired a bunch of position coaches as well and made John Garrett leave as well. Garrett that year basically said he needed the defense to give them more chances to score, meaning TOs. While Ryan was not great by any means, the fact is Garrett basically blamed his failures on the defense. Further, Jason didn’t carry the logic all the way though, because by the same logic, his inability to field an offense constantly put too much pressure on his own defense and all the TOs his offense kept giving to the opposition was a big reason we sucked.
Whether I agree with you, or not (and generally I do) - I just love reading your work.
You're a fun read.
I totally dig when you and another 'Zoner get into a full-out debate.

You and @stasheroo

Just fun to me with the added benefit of salient and smart work.

Thank you.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
The Cowboys have quit on this lame duck coach.

So why not just fire him now? This is going to sound stupid and naive, but maybe Garrett is the biggest distraction on this team right now. Maybe it's possible this team ends up 10-6 with him out of the locker room.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
How can anyone feel sorry for Garrett? He's 10 years in.... Way more time than any other person would've gotten for sure. Everyone knows it, even he knows it. How could he not? LOL
He needs to go but I do feel sorry for him for what him and his family are currently going through. Sure he’s got plenty of money and will land on his feet but it’s still very stressful.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Ah. An “inside source”? It’s definitely a player. Too bad whoever it is is too much of a wuss to come out and say it to the public. This is another sign of implosion. Sources from the locker room and organization saying no one is on so and so’s side. This team is done for. A far cry from last year.
He’s a professional for not saying it publicly, not a wuss. That would be you for thinking so.