Twitter: Slater: McCarthy hasn’t spoken to Dak yet

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
If Dak wants $40M a year; he needs to create fear in the opposing defenders. He needs to be the focal point of the offense that defenders want to stop or slow down for the opponents can hope to win.

No one fears Dak and thus, they focus on stopping Zeke and the run game and allow Dak to throw the ball between the 20s.

Dak is not good enough to take advantage of mismatches including man to man coverage and against defensive backs off the practice squads or streets.
Whatever helps you sleep at night. But you're wrong

Mr_437

Reaction score
Jordan Love come on down...

Nah, McM don't need to talk to Dak anytime soon..he's not even under contract, but there's plenty time.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Is this a big deal? McCarthy is still trying to figure out how to navigate the mixmaster.

bigE79

Reaction score
LOL....you can't make this stuff up baby simply PRICELESS!!!!!:muttley::muttley:
Sounds like they are describing Tony,but if they were,it would be Romo sucks...all you hear about Dak is all his great stats,but a mention of all romos stats and you hear well Romo couldn't win the big one or all romo was,was a regular season wonder... hypocrisy at its finest...they put Dak on a pedestal and think he can do no wrong but truly what Dak is is an average Qb at best..he doesn't elevate the players around him,can rarely hit a receiver in stride,has no pocket awarness but they blame the coaches and playcalling...btw,Romo had the exact same coach and play calling that Dak had.does he get the same excuses? Hell no, wouldn't fit their agenda.

Last edited:

Hadenough

Reaction score
Dak was consistent with losing, bad mechanics, and not helping to generate TDs for the Cowboys. And he needs to be replaced if he is asking for more than $30M a year. He should get paid $25M a year based on his skill set.
Thats pretty much how I see it too! It would be in the Dallas Cowboys best interest not to overpay Dak. Too many fans are so afraid of failure they think signing Dak to a 30+ mil year contract will keep this team in the mix for the playoffs but it wont.

Xeven

Reaction score
Dak has not earned Brady, Manning, Romo, Brees money. Can he? Probably but he may or may not do better out from under Garret. QB’s should not take 30% of a teams money. Stupid.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What did Jerry and Mike talk about for 12 hours?
Bet your bottom dollar Dak took up a large portion of the conversation.
Jerry is done with Dak he's willing to man-up and swallow his pride and move on!
Spring will bring the dawn of a new tomorrow for our team!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's probably focusing on finding his replacement, he knows Dak isn't the guy.
You think he just needs to look more on the internet to find a place that will ship a new Aaron Rodgers to his doorstep?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What did Jerry and Mike talk about for 12 hours?
Bet your bottom dollar Dak took up a large portion of the conversation.
Jerry is done with Dak he's willing to man-up and swallow his pride and move on!
Spring will bring the dawn of a new tomorrow for our team!
I’ll make you a deal. If, barring injury, Dak isn’t the Cowboy QB next season, I’ll stay off this site the entire season. If he is, you stay off this site the entire season. Deal?

Kwyn

Reaction score
Arguments against signing Dak are nothing more than message board hot takes

It is hard to find a franchise QB capable of winning a Super Bowl
It is extremely difficult to find a elite, top 5 QB

all of the people complaining about Dak conveniently ignore the reality of the QB talent pool and availability.

you can’t just say “no” to Dak and install the next Mahomes, Rodgers, Jackson. That’s fantasy-land

these are the same types of fans who argue for tanking and complete roster overhauls every year a team doesn’t win a championship. It’s just naive internet roster dreaming.

Dak will be the Cowboys QB. He will get a crazy contract because all QB’s in his situation get crazy contracts.

unless you want to just draft some random QB every year, and we’re not talking an elite top five prospect, then you should be happy we have a serviceable QB who is at least above average.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Arguments against signing Dak are nothing more than message board hot takes

It is hard to find a franchise QB capable of winning a Super Bowl
It is extremely difficult to find a elite, top 5 QB

all of the people complaining about Dak conveniently ignore the reality of the QB talent pool and availability.

you can’t just say “no” to Dak and install the next Mahomes, Rodgers, Jackson. That’s fantasy-land

these are the same types of fans who argue for tanking and complete roster overhauls every year a team doesn’t win a championship. It’s just naive internet roster dreaming.

Dak will be the Cowboys QB. He will get a crazy contract because all QB’s in his situation get crazy contracts.

unless you want to just draft some random QB every year, and we’re not talking an elite top five prospect, then you should be happy we have a serviceable QB who is at least above average.
You can save all this babble and just say you think Dak is more than what he is and that’s average.

I love the straight loser attitude you and others have on the well it’s hard to find top talent so let’s just be grateful with the first person that don’t suck that much. I’m certain must take this same logic offline in yalls real lives too. Probably marry the first girl that you kiss lol. Nobody said we would get rid of Dak and necessarily get the next big thing but if you know (for those against Dak) this isn’t the answer why stay stagnant because you know hard to find a top qb? That logic doesn’t make sense to me on this or just about anything else either.

Dak isn’t above average he is average. If he was above average he could make others better and stats wouldn’t be so drastic depending on how good the competition was. Seriously what wr has Dak really made better where you thought this guy wasn’t that good but Dak had him looking better? Most of the “above average or better” QBs you can find a name or two at minimum. Maybe Dak has and I just forgot but Dak is carried by the talent around him not the other way around. That’s ok but that doesn’t make you above average imo. I know though the stats but split those “stats”up by level of competition and see the real.

Kwyn

Reaction score
You can save all this babble and just say you think Dak is more than what he is and that’s average.

I love the straight loser attitude you and others have on the well it’s hard to find top talent so let’s just be grateful with the first person that don’t suck that much. I’m certain must take this same logic offline in yalls real lives too. Probably marry the first girl that you kiss lol. Nobody said we would get rid of Dak and necessarily get the next big thing but if you know (for those against Dak) this isn’t the answer why stay stagnant because you know hard to find a top qb? That logic doesn’t make sense to me on this or just about anything else either.

Dak isn’t above average he is average. If he was above average he could make others better and stats wouldn’t be so drastic depending on how good the competition was. Seriously what wr has Dak really made better where you thought this guy wasn’t that good but Dak had him looking better? Most of the “above average or better” QBs you can find a name or two at minimum. Maybe Dak has and I just forgot but Dak is carried by the talent around him not the other way around. That’s ok but that doesn’t make you above average imo. I know though the stats but split those “stats”up by level of competition and see the real.

a bunch of nonsense and a perfect example of what I described

you want to flush Dsk but have absolutely zero to offer for an alternative

this team is good enough for a decent playoff run. Should we start Cooper Rush?

conplaining just to complain without even a basic understanding of how hard it is to just “get” an elite QB is just message board posturing

this isn’t fantasy football. You can’t just draft Pat Mahomes in the off-season and call it done.

offer a suggestion or strategy that allows this team to move on from Dak and then be prepared to defend it or just admit that you have no ideas and just want to complain.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Lol yeh ok. With a receiving core has close to the most drops in the league. Average running game at best. Bad defense that created no takeaways. Worst special teams unit in the league. O and the worst average starting field position of any offense. One drive all season that started in opponent's territory. O yeh and an awful coaching staff. Go watch other qbs and come talk to me. And zero of those things have to do with the QB lol

I would definitely assign some of those drops on Dak depending on how a “drop” is defined.