Slater on Dak's contract/negotiation

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Its funny that people get mad at Dak's agent for not reaching out to start negotiations..lol its like some believe "We cant do anything until Dak's agent calls us"..lol..come on man the FO knows the situation and if they let this happen its just another notch in the "My way" belt...I mean can Jerry not call and start the talks? jesus
Only True Talents get the "Call" The rest gotta wait and prove themselves again and again and again and again...................Opps no Bingo this time!!!!

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
This is why if there really hasn't been much contact between the two sides I really think this could actually be the end of Dak in Dallas. I wouldn't blame Dak for testing free agency at this point, he would absolutely clean up on the open market. If the Cowboys are not showing motivation to get a deal done, why would i

All of the posters who are hating on Dak - as a 4th round pick and had no power, who decided to franchise tag him - twice !!!
Who, now that they have no leverage are trying to strong arm him with this play out the year bullshot ?
Stephen is actually worse than Jerry.
Put the blame for this mess where is belongs, we have an inept front office !
Your hatred is in the wrong place. Every year they cry poverty at Free Agency, that's a crock of s---. They are their own worst enemy, Dak isn't holding this team hostage, the Jones are ....
100%

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Dak is on a contract year.
Dak wants a long term deal.
If Dak gets hurt or stinks, then Dak will not get a good long term deal from anyone next year.

The Cowboys can sit tight and let Dak play out his last year. The Cowboys can let Dak seek a trade to a team who will give him a long term deal.

The Cowboys are in a better position regarding Dak than many think.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Only True Talents get the "Call" The rest gotta wait and prove themselves again and again and again and again...................Opps no Bingo this time!!!!
man you dont get what im saying...its not pro Dak or anti Dak...its pointing out how dumb our FO is..your list of "Hated players" will grow until you see the real problem..but dont worry the FO is all in this year!!!

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
If Dak gets hurt or stinks, then Dak will not get a good long term deal from anyone next year.

The Cowboys can sit tight and let Dak play out his last year. The Cowboys can let Dak seek a trade to a team who will give him a long term deal.

no not when the director of player personel says..and i qoute "There is no problem with the core here" "We are going to keep all out core"..."we then have to go out and find some players that can make plays in the playoffs.." your kidding yourself..none of these players coaches have been here 30 years..we know what the problem is...

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Yes, which is why I’m hoping he’s not on the team much longer. Hopefully this is the last year. Fingers crossed.
I saw your evil twin he was "hoping" Romo being gone would solve this...Im for it, i just understand its not the problem..

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

But but but Dak has all the leverage................................. :muttley: ..................Are you crazy for suggesting that he won't get extended as we need the cap?
He will be lucky if they don't post June 1st cut his inept @@@............
No injury saves him this time as the last one with the pity PR at work worked in his favor even though we were 1-4 at the time.

LocoBates

Reaction score
Its pure crap he is holding the team hostage
There are important members on the Team, but absolutely no one can be above the Team, ever, the moment you allow that you lose the Team.

You can't call someone holding the Team hostage a Team Leader.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Deal will be done at the end of TC like she said. They want to play broke to justify going on vacation right now.

Chasing6

Reaction score
cant wait until dak is gone

never hated a cowboys player more
Haha

Can't wait until Dak is gone. GM Jeruh signed this contract. Just wait and see what CD and Micah do to GM Jeruh.

Chasing6

Reaction score
If he plays the year out, move on. Simple as this. At his $60 million cap hit the team will be competitive but not going anywhere.

Release bad contracts, resign Lamb and Micah, stink for a year and rebuild it

Its pure crap he is holding the team hostage
How is he holding the team hostage when negotiations have not started and the media is projected $60M a year?

Chasing6

Reaction score
Look the Cowboys have done nothing in free agency so let’s blame it on Dak’s extension talks.
Talks? What talks?

GM Jeruh is waiting for his phone to ring because his mentor Al Davis told him who ever calls first losses.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I really hope he does. Decreased talent at offensive line and RB as well as defense. He’ll be exposed. It’ll be the best thing for us.
He was already exposed by a lack of talent on the team. How does have even less talent expose him?