Twitter: Slater: Team has lost faith and respect for new staff

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
This is the worst defense in the Super Bowl era. Stop making excuses for them. The Eagles won the division with a litany of injuries. They won a Super Bowl with a backup QB.

Had to laugh....Not only do we have the worst defense now.....but guess who made that list twice....Nolan was the head coach/defensive coordinator of that 2005 49ers team.

So you can't convince me the players don't have a right to gripe....there is a precedence. And looking @ Nolan's resume...that should have been a red flag as well...

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
Had to laugh....Not only do we have the worst defense now.....but guess who made that list twice....Nolan was the head coach/defensive coordinator of that 2005 49ers team.

So you can't convince me the players don't have a right to gripe....there is a precedence. And looking @ Nolan's resume...that should have been a red flag as well...
It hasn’t seemed to me that players have bought into Nolan’s scheme at all just watching from a fan’s perspective. I’m not shocked this chatter is being reported.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
This is such bs. MM & his staff 100% deserve to be blamed and criticized- they have been terrible, but these players on this team ain’t it. Going to the media already when there’s so much blame to put on them individually as an out instead of looking in the mirror.

so bad. Maybe MM is the anti thesis of a player coach’s like Garrett was and the players don’t like it after being coddled by garret for years or maybe the players are right and MM is terrible but either way leaking it to the media is some grade A bs and it leads me to believe it’s probably a newer player who fresh to Dallas this year but that’s just me connecting dots

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Ahhh... just another 24 hr news cycle in Cowboy-Land

d44fb3b1679c3867977429bf4f397faf715a442d.gifv

cowboys1981

Reaction score
These players should've kept it in house. Goes to show that there's no leadership amongst the players.

I question some of the stuff I see that does fall on the coaching staff.

In the end players have to play. I think some of us have seen some of the videos that have been posted showing examples of how our defense is just not executing as they should. I see parts of the defense that has just given up. Mixed with parts that have new faces and players going through growing pains. On top of that we have players that simply just don't belong on the field.

One thing I couldn't stand was how no one went over to Zeke to give him an earful after his fumbles. There's more complacency than accountability.

At this point, only two things can happen. New coaching regime or a clean sweep of players. I doubt either happens. Jerry has to win his way. He's still at it 25 years later.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Can a coach make players look absolutely pathetic when chasing down a ball carrier or executing a tackle? Does a coach make players completely miss a wide receiver, allowing them to get wide open twenty yards down field?

Sorry players, but you carry just as much blame as anyone right now.

Yeah, individual plays are on specific players. But when a team comes out unprepared, that’s on the coaches.

This is a team that is unprepared to play on Sundays, guys, why is that so hard to see? If this was about two or three players making mental mistakes that would be one thing. But it’s consistent mistakes from everyone up and down the roster in every game. Same thing every Sunday, they come out and make mental mistakes, turn the ball over and get behind early.

When the football team comes out unprepared to play on game day, gentlemen, that is on the coaches. When you miss two fake punts in a game, that’s on the coaches. When you get down to the 1 yard line and throw on 5 straight players, yeah, on the coaches.

bodi

Reaction score
Its time jerry was looking for real coach Brent Venables or L rILEY

BlueStar22

Reaction score
I will say this, the players have to be accountable. I will continue to say this defense is on McCarthy and Nolan. With no offseason, they should have stuck with what the players know, the 4-3 at least for this year since there was no time to install a new defense.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Guys are jogging, giving themselves up, making boneheaded decisions, dropping balls, taking themselves out, giving up on plays... The list goes on forever.

When a player jogs or takes himself out of the game. That’s on him. When all 53 players do it, it’s on the coaches.

Two things are happening here. First, the team is unprepared to play on Sundays and that starts in practice. Second, the players look like they’ve given up on the coaches. To lose your players by week 6 of the season, that’s unprecedented.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
The rat is Lewis or Everson Griffen. When the truth comes out, you will see. They are the only ones that make sense.

Overall though, it’s both. Coaches suck and players suck. And yes our previous coaching staff sucked too, just not as bad. Blow everything up. I want everyone on that defense but Diggs gone. Aldon can stay too. We’re forced to keep Jaylon and DLAw, but as soon as they can be released, let them into the wild. They’re garbage.

offense can stay. We need some more O-linemen. See if anyone takes bait for Zeke. As soon as we can let him go, I say release him into the wild too. He sucks butt too. Let Amari’s contract run out. Hopefully we can build a new team up by the time these horrid contracts run out

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I don’t understand why players, fans, media, coaches or anyone is getting all up in arms over this season.

More than half our starters are out with injury, we are down to third string on the offensive line, the QB is out. No team can be expected to win with these kinds of injuries.

All this getting upset just seems so silly to me. It’s a lost season. Might still make the playoffs cause the East is so terrible, and that’s cool I suppose, but no team can beat good teams when they have this many injuries. Neither coaching nor the 50% of remaining healthy players can change that.
Its not just the players or the coaching, this river runs much deeper.
How long have we been witnessing the deterioration of TS, and never addressed the issue?
Just one example of a long list of issues this franchise continues to ignore.

Croomraider

Reaction score
How does the coaching have to do anything with this year's performance. We have five serious starters
who are all out for the entire season. One of them being QB1. Not any team in the nfl could win without
their QB1, LT, RT. It's already game over.

Not to worry, we won't win the east. We won't win more than 5 games. Super high draft pick coming. Draft
best Defensive player available or OT (since they can't stay healthy). Draft SAFETY in first 3 rounds. I've said this for maybe
5 years straight.
Pray everyone comes back healthy and
this could be a way different team next year.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
This corrosion all starts in the FO...its just like politics. The "haves" continuously convincing the "have nots" how they have their best interests at heart, but that other "have nots" are coming for them. And, the "haves" just sit there laughing at us all...