Snacks Harrison

boysfaninMI

Reaction score
The Giants would have NEVER traded Harrison to us under any circumstances. Now the Lions might do so. Harrison is strong and stout against the run but is somewhat of a liability in the pass game. With the NFL going to a more wide open offenses with lots of passing, road graders like him are a luxury. If the other Rams squad had of faced us with Harrison at the 1T, they would have thrown the ball more. You gotta pick your poison with that team. Just like we were in the by gone days of Jimmy Johnson.

Correct...unless we gave them a 2nd rounder or some such nonsense. He's solid when motivated. Lacks a good motor and takes plays off which is why the Gspots dumped him.

Fredbeard

Reaction score
We were the #1 rush defense this season in ypc allowed. It was the Rams scheme that beat us, not the players we were trotting out.

Rod gets too little credit and a ton of blame. Defense does well? Richard. Defense does poorly? Blame Rod. It's a weird fan obsession

Wait.what?
Didn't I read a few of your posts in the roster zone where you stated the cowboys should try to upgrade the Dt position? I believe you started a thread about how the cowboys should sign Danny Shelton. I believe you also created a thread about how the cowboys should try to set up trade with the lions to acquire A' Shawn Robinson. I remember those threads because I agreed with you. Now your saying the cowboys are fine at dt? I believe you were also critical of Malik Collins in the past.
While I feel both Richard and marinelli are to blame for the rams loss, Rod has had unwarranted praise and zero accountability since he was promoted to dc. I swear it's like there is a cult following among cowboys fans that worship marinelli. He can do no wrong in their eyes.Sorry , I feel a change is needed at dc

Fredbeard

Reaction score
We were the #1 rush defense this season in ypc allowed. It was the Rams scheme that beat us, not the players we were trotting out.

Rod gets too little credit and a ton of blame. Defense does well? Richard. Defense does poorly? Blame Rod. It's a weird fan obsession

Wait.what?
Didn't I read a few of your posts in the roster zone where you stated the cowboys should try to upgrade the Dt position? I believe you started a thread about how the cowboys should sign Danny Shelton. I believe you also created a thread about how the cowboys should try to set up trade with the lions to acquire A' Shawn Robinson. I remember those threads because I agreed with you. Now your saying the cowboys are fine at dt? I believe you were also critical of Malik Collins in the past.
While I feel both Richard and marinelli are to blame for the rams loss, Rod has had unwarranted praise and zero accountability since he was promoted to dc. I swear it's like there is a cult following among cowboys fans that worship marinelli. He can do no wrong in their eyes.Sorry , I feel a change is needed at dc

Plankton

Reaction score
krisskross.jpg

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Wait.what?

I'm always looking to upgrade if it doesn't take much assets, even if it's improving at what we are already good at I'm going to do it. Are Woods and Collins fine players? Yes. Would I still try to upgrade? Yes. Doesn't change the fact we were the #1 rush defense in ypc.

Shelton wouldn't cost much and would love him to work with Rod.

There is zero cult for Rod, there's maybe three of us that recognize just how brilliant of a DL coach he is. It's the exact opposite of what you claim. He gets no credit and all the blame, you are made this Rod cult figment up in your brain. Couldn't be further from the truth.

Fredbeard

Reaction score
I'm always looking to upgrade if it doesn't take much assets, even if it's improving at what we are already good at I'm going to do it. Are Woods and Collins fine players? Yes. Would I still try to upgrade? Yes. Doesn't change the fact we were the #1 rush defense in ypc.

Shelton wouldn't cost much and would love him to work with Rod.

There is zero cult for Rod, there's maybe three of us that recognize just how brilliant of a DL coach he is. It's the exact opposite of what you claim. He gets no credit and all the blame, you are made this Rod cult figment up in your brain. Couldn't be further from the truth.
Actually I'm from the old dallas Cowboys. Com forums and I definitely remember you criticizing Malik Collins at those forums. You've also criticized him on this site.i remember you had a exchange with risen star over Collins.i would say those of us in the cowboys fan base who are Critical of marinelli are in the clear minority.ive visited several cowboys fan forums and it's the same pro rod talk points repeated mindlessly

Fredbeard

Reaction score
He's going to do whatever the resources Jerry allows him to do. There is a history of avoiding using resources on the position going back to the Maryland pick. When they did put resources into DTs it was undersized 3t Glover types. At its peak Seattle's line was anchored by 315# Mebane. Instead of paying him they let him walk and draft the 315# Jarran Reed. Dont expect much of a change in philosophy just because of Richard. He comes from the same exact philosophy that Marinelli espouses! Which just happens to be the same philosophy that Jerry holds!
I remember before the 2017 season the cowboys were rumored interested in trading draft picks to the bills for Marcel darius.
The cowboys were also said to be interested in drafting vita vea.

He's going to do whatever the resources Jerry allows him to do. There is a history of avoiding using resources on the position going back to the Maryland pick. When they did put resources into DTs it was undersized 3t Glover types. At its peak Seattle's line was anchored by 315# Mebane. Instead of paying him they let him walk and draft the 315# Jarran Reed. Dont expect much of a change in philosophy just because of Richard. He comes from the same exact philosophy that Marinelli espouses! Which just happens to be the same philosophy that Jerry holds!

Jerry also use to say he did view o-linemen
As being worthy of investing early round draft picks. Do you think he still holds that view.?

Last edited:

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Actually I'm from the old dallas Cowboys. Com forums and I definitely remember you criticizing Malik Collins at those forums. You've also criticized him on this site.i remember you had a exchange with risen star over Collins.i would say those of us in the cowboys fan base who are Critical of marinelli are in the clear minority.ive visited several cowboys fan forums and it's the same pro rod talk points repeated mindlessly

Yes, I was not a huge Collins proponent at all. Some were comparing him to Sapp and said he was a far better player than Crawford.
I was right. But I'm not going to call everyone out that had argued the contra.

He's a fine player, but people really started blowing him up after his rookie season because all they looked at was his sack column.

Point out the pro Rod talk, and I'll show you 10x more posts bashing.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Its just a fact. I'm sorry you are hearing this for the first time. We take the 340-350 lb DTs off our draft boards. Marinelli doesn't do 1-technique DTs. Its common knowledge.

We had Vea ahead of Derwin and LVE as our top three targets. I'm sorry you are hearing this for the first time, and that you're dead as wrong.

Marinelli has a 1-technique already on the team, it's common knowledge.

Fredbeard

Reaction score
Yes, I was not a huge Collins proponent at all. Some were comparing him to Sapp and said he was a far better player than Crawford.
I was right. But I'm not going to call everyone out that had argued the contra.

He's a fine player, but people really started blowing him up after his rookie season because all they looked at was his sack column.

Point out the pro Rod talk, and I'll show you 10x more posts bashing.
Dude, I could access years of posts and threads from cowboys zone archives and numerous other fan sites. It would take me weeks if not months . I simply don't have that much free time. You're just being willfully ignorant.plenty of fans criticized Richard too. Simply go to the fan zone main page and click on the thread " is Richard overrated"?

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Dude, I could access years of posts and threads from cowboys zone archives and numerous other fan sites. It would take me weeks if not months . I simply don't have that much free time. You're just being willfully ignorant.plenty of fans criticized Richard too. Simply go to the fan zone main page and click on the thread " is Richard overrated"?

You're ignorant if you think that Richard and Rod and seen on the same level around here.

Answer me this, if you had to guess how many fans criticize Richard out of 100 on here how many would it be? Then answer the same for Rod.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Correct...unless we gave them a 2nd rounder or some such nonsense. He's solid when motivated. Lacks a good motor and takes plays off which is why the Gspots dumped him.
:lmao::lmao2::lmao:
The " G-SPOTS",,,now
That's a gushingly good label,,,o_O

Fredbeard

Reaction score
Do you really think 20# would have made a difference. The rams had a whole week with nothing to do but review film of there possible opponents.

Ever consider that one of the reasons Marinelli is liked so much by Jerry is because they have the same philosophy. Jerry never felt he got his bang for the buck from the Maryland pick. Name a DT since that was picked before the 3rd round because I cant remember one. Even when they were in the 34 he wouldn't subscribe to using the 340# space eating wind suckers. Woods played the 1t position as well as anyone will this season, adding 20# isn't going to change this one game enigma. When Marinelli leaves the next DC will have the same philosophy or will evolve to it! Jerry ain't putting money into a position that is a glorified block absorber!

Actually ,the cowboys gave up over a hundred yards rushing several times this season.im shocked no one mentioned the cowboys gave up over 150 yards rushing to the panthers in the season opener. They gave up over 100 yards rushing to seahawks two weeks later. They also gave up over 100 yards rushing in. Consecutive weeks in the first Commanders game
And titans game. They almost gave up a hundred yards rushing to the texans and gave up over four yards a carry.they also gave up over four yards a carry to the falcons and in the first eagles game. It seems the cowboys run defense was overrated. Jerry also drafted Gavin Escobar over Bennie Logan in the second round of the'13 draft. Brilliant move right?

Last edited:

northerncowboynation

Reaction score

As I said earlier, the philosophy has to change first. You say Richards is the same as Mari's so I don't expect a change in philosophy.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
I'm all for criticizing the FO when they deserve it.

But was anyone really that worried about the run defense prior to the game? Especially coming off that performance vs. Seattle?

The run D was leaky in one game out of 17 (including the playoffs), and that was vs. Indy.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
I'm all for criticizing the FO when they deserve it.

But was anyone really that worried about the run defense prior to the game? Especially coming off that performance vs. Seattle?

The run D was leaky in one game out of 17 (including the playoffs), and that was vs. Indy.

Reality bytes, bites and bights :)