Snacks Harrison

davidariust24

Reaction score
Snacks harrisons contact ends the same year Zeke's contract ends. I'd pay snacks until the end of his contract and then give the money t Zeke. Harrison for even a fourth round pick would be good. A resigned D-law- M. Collins- Snacks Harrison and Randy Gregory starting. The backups could be Taco Charlton, T Crawford, A Woods, and D Armstrong. I've given up on David Irving. Hes a great talent but what good is that if hes not playing. I expect Taco to come back next offseason with a vengeance. He has the tools , now he has to put it together. He needs to be more ferocious. I really think Armstrong can be a starter. He needs a big offseason Gregory showed a little of his potential this season. With a big offseason, he should be a force next year. He could pass Dlaw in sacks. He just needs to focus and stay out of trouble

visionary

Reaction score
I am a huge fan of Snacks Harrison .the guy is almost immovable. One thing is for sure. He isnt moving backwards. Do you think we could have used him in that Rams game? No doubt about it. With him there is no passing off moving to the second level. You just have to avoid running at him or pass the ball. I'd love to have him on this team. Ray Lewis ravens had Siragusa, and then a young Haloti Nata, Polamalus steelers had Casey Hampton from UT. I'm just saying these guys didnt have big numbers but they made huge impacts on the defense. Urlacher and Briggs had the Tank. The point is they shut down the run. They dont have to rush the passer well. My next point is just by memory, I dont have any stats. Guys like snacks and Hampton and tank and siragusa created push and didnt get pushed back. I'm sure they got beat sometimes but alot of their big moments was on 4th and 1and these defenses were great at getting thos stops. I know creating turnovers is one of the things our defense needs to focus on to be great but getting stops on 4th and 1 is what made those defenses like the ravens steelers Seahawks bears etc great. We need a snacks Harrison to help make that happen. When its fourth and 1 the coach and the other team need to think "we are taking a big risk" not we've been making this all year . Woods is a very good 1 tech but if I could get Snacks I'd take him in a heart beat. LVE and Smith would go to the next level behind that guy just like Dak did with Cooper. It's not the stats the 1 tech creates it's the plays he creates for others by either soaking up a double or pushing the pocket/player back or just not being moved back.

I was in Cleveland when Ngata was coming in the draft so I followed the Ravens pretty closely
The Ravens were said to be interested in 2 DL players, Ngata and a DE. The Browns were interested in the same 2 players and were drafting one pick ahead of the Ravens
Lewis said that he would leave unless they drafted a big body like Ngata to allow him to flow freely. So much so that the ravens traded one of their picks to trade up one spot with the Browns. Ravens drafted Ngata, Browns drafted the DE

Experts said that the ravens made a bad decision
Ngata became a multiple pro bowler
The DE nobody heard from
I guess that trade was worth it

Smart teams make smart decisions
Stupid teams make stupid decisions

We have a stupid FO

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Unless a guy is an other wordly DT that can is built like a 1T and can rush the passer like 3T I would never waste a 1st rounder on a strictly 1T DT. In today's NFL your DL needs to be able to play the run on the way to the pass a space eater for the most part cannot do that. Woods is a tweener as it pertains to a 1T or 3T he is bigger than most 3T but smaller than traditional 1T but he has some "wiggle" as scouts put it, he can get into the backfield on run or passing downs.

Snacks is a freak of nature. Despite his size he is as quick or quicker than Woods.

The number of plays that Snacks makes outside of the box (outside the OTs) is amazing if you study some of his games. I didn't watch him much this year, but last year there were plays where Snacks made the tackle on Zeke out near the sideline.

75boyz

Reaction score
Marinelli needs to be told what he's getting at this point, not asked. His way has gotten us Nick Hayden, Henry Melton, Stephen Paea, Joey Ivie and a bunch of disappointment. He tries to sacrifice run defenders for "Rushmen", and ends up with neither.

The team needs to draft and invest in this area and not ask Marinelli what he thinks about it. Tell him you're coach the players he has, but no more seats at the table on draft day or free agency meetings. Defensive tackle needs to be more than an afterthought.

This. And apply this same logic to safety and (offensively) tight end draft selection as well.

And also in keeping with the open minded draft process, I would even consider best available center/ guard and tackle as our 2nd and 3rd round picks. Trench strength has a direct correlation to winning games in my opinion.

davidariust24

Reaction score
I was in Cleveland when Ngata was coming in the draft so I followed the Ravens pretty closely
The Ravens were said to be interested in 2 DL players, Ngata and a DE. The Browns were interested in the same 2 players and were drafting one pick ahead of the Ravens
Lewis said that he would leave unless they drafted a big body like Ngata to allow him to flow freely. So much so that the ravens traded one of their picks to trade up one spot with the Browns. Ravens drafted Ngata, Browns drafted the DE

Experts said that the ravens made a bad decision
Ngata became a multiple pro bowler
The DE nobody heard from
I guess that trade was worth it

Smart teams make smart decisions
Stupid teams make stupid decisions

We have a stupid FO
I love Marinelli but I dont know why he is so stubborn against drafting a guy who can shut down the run up the middle. We haven't had one since we had Ferguson in wade Phillip's 3-4 defense with Ware and Spencer. In our current 4-3 with Smith and LVE a guy like Harrison makes our defense devastating. He has power and athleticism. If he were to play the rams ,all that moving lineman around would have no purpose, because you have to move him back and then come off, that ain't happening. You'd have to run where he isnt and LVE and Smith could key off of that. We allowed too many 4th and 1s . If Marinelli wants to create a great defense he will find a snacks Harrison and/or a Warren Sapp. It would be nice to get both.

davidariust24

Reaction score
Malik Collins has huge 3 tech potential. He needs to have one training camp or offseason without and injury. He has been injured in each of his three offseasons. We need him to be primed and ready to take that 3 tech position. We need him to get to the QB and stop the run like he does now. We still need to draft a DT.

visionary

Reaction score
I love Marinelli but I dont know why he is so stubborn against drafting a guy who can shut down the run up the middle. We haven't had one since we had Ferguson in wade Phillip's 3-4 defense with Ware and Spencer. In our current 4-3 with Smith and LVE a guy like Harrison makes our defense devastating. He has power and athleticism. If he were to play the rams ,all that moving lineman around would have no purpose, because you have to move him back and then come off, that ain't happening. You'd have to run where he isnt and LVE and Smith could key off of that. We allowed too many 4th and 1s . If Marinelli wants to create a great defense he will find a snacks Harrison and/or a Warren Sapp. It would be nice to get both.

It's called stubbornness and stupidity
He has that in common with our HC

Mr_437

Reaction score
Lions got him for a 5th round pick. Why do we let these opportunities slip by? Could you imagine the difference he would have made on Sunday?

He was at our 1st playoff game supporting Woods...a guy who seems to be a pretty popular player around the league. I need to know why we keep passing on big stout run defenders up front. Marinelli's stubbornness is sickening.

All I needed to see!!! Sign Snacks the 1st day of FA and let him and Woods dominate.

jay94

Reaction score
Lions got him for a 5th round pick. Why do we let these opportunities slip by? Could you imagine the difference he would have made on Sunday?

He was at our 1st playoff game supporting Woods...a guy who seems to be a pretty popular player around the league. I need to know why we keep passing on big stout run defenders up front. Marinelli's stubbornness is sickening.

I would be astonished for a move like this instead we get players to play the one tech who later to be found out to not be in the league 2 years later.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Marinelli needs to be told what he's getting at this point, not asked. His way has gotten us Nick Hayden, Henry Melton, Stephen Paea, Joey Ivie and a bunch of disappointment. He tries to sacrifice run defenders for "Rushmen", and ends up with neither.

The team needs to draft and invest in this area and not ask Marinelli what he thinks about it. Tell him you're coach the players he has, but no more seats at the table on draft day or free agency meetings. Defensive tackle needs to be more than an afterthought.

LOL, this

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
We should have 2 4th round picks this draft. Harrison would be better than drafting the obligatory TE that this OC has no idea how to utilize.

A TE! after giving up almost 300 yards not by air but run right up the gut, yes a TE would work The Jones's.

ItzKelz

Reaction score

Woods was really good for us this season. If you have Snacks you may not have Woods.