Snacks Harrison

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Marinelli needs to be told what he's getting at this point, not asked. His way has gotten us Nick Hayden, Henry Melton, Stephen Paea, Joey Ivie and a bunch of disappointment. He tries to sacrifice run defenders for "Rushmen", and ends up with neither.

The team needs to draft and invest in this area and not ask Marinelli what he thinks about it. Tell him you're coach the players he has, but no more seats at the table on draft day or free agency meetings. Defensive tackle needs to be more than an afterthought.
You... have a problem... with the Golden Cock?

Shirley, you must be joking.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lions got him for a 5th round pick. Why do we let these opportunities slip by? Could you imagine the difference he would have made on Sunday?

He was at our 1st playoff game supporting Woods...a guy who seems to be a pretty popular player around the league. I need to know why we keep passing on big stout run defenders up front. Marinelli's stubbornness is sickening.

My favorite non-Cowboys player...

Fredbeard

Reaction score
You're ignorant if you think that Richard and Rod and seen on the same level around here.

Answer me this, if you had to guess how many fans criticize Richard out of 100 on here how many would it be? Then answer the same for Rod.
If the opinion of the cowboys fan base is turning against rod than its well deserved.you brag about his defense finishing third in yards per carry but, this is the first season his defense finished in the top ten in that category. Guess what road's defense finished last season in ypc .sixteenth.that is the second or third season it finished sixteenth. Look it up if you don't believe me.kris has been her one whole season. Rod has been dc for four years now and his defense has been mediocre at best.this is the second time his defense cost the cowboys a playoff game. Why shouldn't rod get a majority of the blame ?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Yeah but it’s been proven Maranelli doesn’t like guys his size and that does matter until Maranelli leaves.

True. Hopefully, he does soon, or realises how effective Woods was because partially his size allows him to be so.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Unless a guy is an other wordly DT that can is built like a 1T and can rush the passer like 3T I would never waste a 1st rounder on a strictly 1T DT. In today's NFL your DL needs to be able to play the run on the way to the pass a space eater for the most part cannot do that. Woods is a tweener as it pertains to a 1T or 3T he is bigger than most 3T but smaller than traditional 1T but he has some "wiggle" as scouts put it, he can get into the backfield on run or passing downs.

exciter

Reaction score
I remember before the 2017 season the cowboys were rumored interested in trading draft picks to the bills for Marcel darius.
The cowboys were also said to be interested in drafting vita vea.

Jerry also use to say he did view o-linemen
As being worthy of investing early round draft picks. Do you think he still holds that view.?
Darrius was an in season trade for practically nothing if I remember correctly. The interest they showed in Vea was minimal at best.
In 2016 Ashawn Robinson and Jarran Reed were both sitting there and were rated as 1st round picks. Jerry went with a LB with drop foot. At best it was 50/50 that he would ever play again much less recover to what he was in college. They haven't invested anything higher than a 3rd on a DT since Maryland in 1991?? You want to believe there going to now... go ahead. I'm not investing any more emotions into that belief. Still paying for the beer going through the flatscreen in 2016!

Fredbeard

Reaction score
Darrius was an in season trade for practically nothing if I remember correctly. The interest they showed in Vea was minimal at best.
In 2016 Ashawn Robinson and Jarran Reed were both sitting there and were rated as 1st round picks. Jerry went with a LB with drop foot. At best it was 50/50 that he would ever play again much less recover to what he was in college. They haven't invested anything higher than a 3rd on a DT since Maryland in 1991?? You want to believe there going to now... go ahead. I'm not investing any more emotions into that belief. Still paying for the beer going through the flatscreen in 2016!
That made me laugh . thank you

cowfan

Reaction score
Why do you think the Giants would even trade Harrison to the Cowboys?

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Gerald McCoy may be getting released. Turns 31 next month tho. Probably will be available on a reasonable salary.

davidariust24

Reaction score
Lions got him for a 5th round pick. Why do we let these opportunities slip by? Could you imagine the difference he would have made on Sunday?

He was at our 1st playoff game supporting Woods...a guy who seems to be a pretty popular player around the league. I need to know why we keep passing on big stout run defenders up front. Marinelli's stubbornness is sickening.

I am a huge fan of Snacks Harrison .the guy is almost immovable. One thing is for sure. He isnt moving backwards. Do you think we could have used him in that Rams game? No doubt about it. With him there is no passing off moving to the second level. You just have to avoid running at him or pass the ball. I'd love to have him on this team. Ray Lewis ravens had Siragusa, and then a young Haloti Nata, Polamalus steelers had Casey Hampton from UT. I'm just saying these guys didnt have big numbers but they made huge impacts on the defense. Urlacher and Briggs had the Tank. The point is they shut down the run. They dont have to rush the passer well. My next point is just by memory, I dont have any stats. Guys like snacks and Hampton and tank and siragusa created push and didnt get pushed back. I'm sure they got beat sometimes but alot of their big moments was on 4th and 1and these defenses were great at getting thos stops. I know creating turnovers is one of the things our defense needs to focus on to be great but getting stops on 4th and 1 is what made those defenses like the ravens steelers Seahawks bears etc great. We need a snacks Harrison to help make that happen. When its fourth and 1 the coach and the other team need to think "we are taking a big risk" not we've been making this all year . Woods is a very good 1 tech but if I could get Snacks I'd take him in a heart beat. LVE and Smith would go to the next level behind that guy just like Dak did with Cooper. It's not the stats the 1 tech creates it's the plays he creates for others by either soaking up a double or pushing the pocket/player back or just not being moved back.