Sneaky Skins are busy beavers

DaBoyz73

Reaction score
KINGBRICE_28 said:
both of those previous statements ripping DS can be set aside because the past doesn't matter........however if you REALLY want a comeback I would have to say.....hmmm.....maybe the fact that danny has had like 600 coaches and QB's here since he started......If he came in with aikman, smith, and Irvin I'd say he'd do ok.........then again I dunno what invlovement he had in those picks....but probably not much....

Stop your crying. Danny boy tried to buy a SB and it did not work. The point is JJ hired a good coach and the team won.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Wheat said:
and since Danny came in.

Zippo.

Keep up the good trend!

Like Snyder had anything to do with this.

As Mike Shanahan once said, Dallas would've won 5 Super Bowls easily in the 90's if the league didn't institute a cap during their dynasty.

For any Skins fan that complains aabout having it really bad with the cap situation, Dallas got screwed far harder by the league than Washington will this season (provided if the CBA isn't extended.)

Rich...........

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
......If he came in with aikman, smith, and Irvin I'd say he'd do ok.........then again I dunno what invlovement he had in those picks....but probably not much....

Jones only came in with Irvin. Aikman, Smith, etc were all drafted after Jones became the owner.

In fact, it was Jones that was adamant with Jimmy Johnson on wanting Aikman to be the QB of the future. The QB that Johnson wanted? Steve Walsh.

Yeah, Jones didn't have much involvement at all. :rolleyes:

Rich........

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
neosapien23 said:
Hey, whats the situation with LaVar Arrington? I heard that the CBA uncapped year will work in his favor and that the skins will be stuck with his contract this year. It is actually cheaper to keep him. Are there any talks of him restructuring or is he refusing?

Sounds like the Skins are going to stick with him no matter what since it would be slightly more to cut than to actually keep him.

There's only a few big name guys that they might have to cut that could save them money. I *think* Jansen could be one, the other would be Marcus Washington.

Then again, there are some people saying that it's mathematically impossible for them to get under the cap without releasing a lot of names, and there are some (non-Skins fans) that think they can get under the cap with just cutting a ton of role players.

Rich.........
really doesn't buy that Washington had a good plan in place in case the CBA wasn't extended.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BigDFan5 said:
Best thing about the Portis restructure is they paid him MORE money yet cut his deal 3 years SHORTER

So they paid him more cash to be under contract less time. Portis is now a FA in 3 seasons when he is 27
His career may be over by then. He has bad shoulders.

SkinsFan26

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
1: Sarcasm clearly isnt your strongpoint. Oh, and Napolean was 5'2''

2: You are right, I probably will never wreck an entire franchise and throw them into the worst cap situation in NFL history.

Without the CBA, 4 teams had a larger cap # than the Skins.

CBA will be worked out and Dan and Joe will be looking pretty smart.

DaBoyz73

Reaction score
SkinsFan26 said:

I guess so, with Tags in your back pocket!

#1skins fan

Reaction score
I never seen so many conspiracy posts. Tags in his back pocket. Its laughable. Maybe instead of worrying about the "Sneaky Skins" you ought to worry about who is going to protect your tree trunk legged qb from getting killed this year. Oh yea 7 sacks against us? Our pass rush was mediocre at best.

Everyone talks about panic, but did you see the Skins cutting players this week, no! They had player after player stepping up to renogiate contracts, I smell some jealousy because every year the media talks about cap hell for the Skins and every year we come out of it unscathed.

DaBoyz73

Reaction score
#1skins fan said:
I never seen so many conspiracy posts. Tags in his back pocket. Its laughable. Maybe instead of worrying about the "Sneaky Skins" you ought to worry about who is going to protect your tree trunk legged qb from getting killed this year. Oh yea 7 sacks against us? Our pass rush was mediocre at best.

Everyone talks about panic, but did you see the Skins cutting players this week, no! They had player after player stepping up to renogiate contracts, I smell some jealousy because every year the media talks about cap hell for the Skins and every year we come out of it unscathed.

You've got to be kidding me. First of all, I could care less about the Deadskins. The only reason why you and all of the Deadskins fans are excited is because they beat us twice this past season. I still remember how you and your followers forgot about your team during a losing team.

So do yourself and your team a favor, worry about how your going to handle your cap situation if Tags don't save the day for your team come Sunday night at midnight.

#1skins fan

Reaction score
DaBoyz73 said:
You've got to be kidding me. First of all, I could care less about the Deadskins. The only reason why you and all of the Deadskins fans are excited is because they beat us twice this past season. I still remember how you and your followers forgot about your team during a losing team.

So do yourself and your team a favor, worry about how your going to handle your cap situation if Tags don't save the day for your team come Sunday night at midnight.

To quote you " I still remember how you and your followers forgot about your team during a losing team" Ever heard of Hooked on Phonics? Nope I hate to tell you thats what Cowboy fans are famous for?(that is not being heard from when they suck) Our building has been sold out for over 40 years. I haven't missed a game in 13 years. I think I understand what your trying to say, but you need to save that crap for Arizona Cardinal fans, not Commander fans. And for your second point, we will be fine with the cap. If their is no cba agreement, your team will be no better your right at the cap figure currently, that means no offensive linemen to protect your "Tree" of a Qb. And think no cba means that the Boys and the Skins will spend like mad in 07.

DaBoyz73

Reaction score
#1skins fan said:
To quote you " I still remember how you and your followers forgot about your team during a losing team" Ever heard of Hooked on Phonics? Nope I hate to tell you thats what Cowboy fans are famous for?(that is not being heard from when they suck) Our building has been sold out for over 40 years. I haven't missed a game in 13 years. I think I understand what your trying to say, but you need to save that crap for Arizona Cardinal fans, not Commander fans. And for your second point, we will be fine with the cap. If their is no cba agreement, your team will be no better your right at the cap figure currently, that means no offensive linemen to protect your "Tree" of a Qb. And think no cba means that the Boys and the Skins will spend like mad in 07.

We can agree to disagree.

Cowboys&Caps

Reaction score
Wheat said:
#1. Napolean wasn't 4 feet tall. He was probably over 5 feet tall.
#2. For a guy with a inferiority complex, he's done a lot more than either of us will.

He was 5'1" and he has a complex named after him. Thats way more than Synder will ever deserve.

Napoleon led men and a nation through revolutions and war. Him men respected him. Snyder leads spoiled athletes to a stage in which they stand only to gain. Snyder things he is doing the Commanders world and prolly the rest of the world a huge favor by owning this team and making money for himself. Snyder is a little rich playboy who deserves little if any respect. Napoleon was a general and a leader.

all they have in common is being short and french :)

Cowboys&Caps

Reaction score
#1skins fan said:

GET YOUR FACTS STRAIT DON'T JUST PULL SOMETHING OUT OF YOUR A** TO MAKE YOUR TEAM LOOK TO BE IN A BETTER POSITION!!

I have no clue how u figure we are right at the cap

we are currently about 8 million under LAST years cap which will translate to 13 million under if the cap goes up the anticipated 5 million. I work with contracts and salary caps every day. I don't know where you get that we are right at the cap, but yet again you just pull some falsehood out of your rear end. If you have the brain power or patience to do so go through the teams contracts try to understand what you are reading then come back and apologize for lying to everyone here.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
ghst187 said:
well his favorite team is the foreskins....that pretty much qualifies you.

Dan Snyder is half the man of most in this forum and not worth crap stacked as tall as his 5'2" height. He's just another spoiled little rich kid.

Snyder is self-made. Lets not bash people for the sake of bashing.

ravidubey

Reaction score
SkinsFan26 said:
Who have the Skins cut? That's right, nobody.

The CBA will get done this weekend. The cap will be increased to 105-108M, and the Skins will be very active in free agency again.

Jansen also restructured today. In all: Jansen, Thomas, Springs, Portis, and Brunell are the ones reported to have restructured. I still think Lavar has/will defer some money. I would say that's at least 7M in savings, so if the CBA is extended then the Skins are already under the cap without having cut anyone.

I still think the following will be cut:
Noble (retiring)
Jacobs (sucks)
Raymer (sucks)
Holdman (sucks)
Hall (please sign him in Dallas)

Those cuts free up about 8M, which is more than enough to sign 2 quality free agents and all of their draft picks.

You may not like Dan Snyder, but no one can call him stupid. He is worth more than everyone on this board combined and owns his favorite sports team. I wish I was that stupid!

Abraham would demand probably 18 million up front which is a cap hit of 4.5 million this season. Add in his salary, which because of the 30% rule won't be the NFL minimum and you have a cap hit of between 6-7 million for Abraham alone. He might not get that in the current FA environment, but it won't be that far off either. This is not a good situation for Washington or anyone gambling on a $105 million cap and 7-year contracts.

Way 'nuff

Reaction score
Ahh...I knew I had to take a look at good ol Cowboyszone to see what they'd have to say after all the Skins restructured today.

I see a lot of jealousy. I think you guys are just mad that Parcells hasn't created the culture that Gibbs has. You guys would be creaming your collective pants if anyone on the Cowboys was stepping up to restructure their contracts. Just admit it.

jja050575

Reaction score
5Stars said:
Not only that! What about character players? Look at whats-his-name...the gun lover for the Commanders...that tries to shoot at someone he thought stoled one of his toys!

What's that losers name? His trial is coming up....

JJ might be stupid, like a Fox...he had been through this...and he knows....

Little Snyder, that jumped up and down like a little brat when they beat the Cowboys the first time? Well, that's cool...the Boyz will keep on keeping on!

A team can be good, physically...but...if you don't have any character (and that is pertains to anything in life)...YOU LOSE!

But, I want the Commanders, and the Eagles, and the Giants...to be at their best!

No excuses...:star:

i think your talking about sean taylor? what a loser!!

leotisbrown

Half Fast Analysis
Reaction score
I am sick on the stomach with the thought that Snyder done get away with his cap not busted out once again!!

I hate the Deadskins and all they support at ExtremeSkins site!! I was hoping to see them cry and sad after they had to cut alots of people on they're team but not too be so this time around.

Once more Snyder done soled his soul to the devil and the devil got his do.

I hate Tags!! He spending Snyders money-- that he got in a paper sack under the table-- on fancy cars steak and shrimp meals at high classy rtestaurants and high heeled shoe wearing hookers I bet!!

I'm sick that after all this time they still hasn't had too get in trouble for their shenanigans and illegal cap manipulations while honest teams like us suffer threw the worse of it year after year.

We should write too our congressmans and ask them to legisate against Snyder and investigate him up to and including the supreme corts if necceaitte it that far.

Snyder belong in jail cell tossing salads with big strapping buck sized cell mate!!

I HATE DEADSKINS AND THOSE MOTHER LOVING FIENDS AT EXTREMESKINS WHO SHOULD BE CRYING TODAY NOT LAUGHING!!1:(

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
SkinsFan26 said:

Those 4 teams have one or two large contracts that can be terminated, thus getting themselves into compliance... the way the Skins' contracts are structured, cutting any of their high-dollar players would result in a BIGGER cap deficit...

We'll see... if it does, cool, that means the Boys will have THIRTY MILLION dollars in cap room (or close to it)...

CBA or no CBA, the Boys are in a better cap situation than the Skins...