So what exactly are players protesting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
My morals don't allow me to support him. Yours does. So be it.

You really have a comprehension problem of a severe degree.

I guess if he pushed for Single Payer, $15 minimum wage, the shutdown and arrest of all ****/white supremacist groups, strict gun control, yada yada yada, you'd attack him for it?

You support and defend terrorists. You support and defend communists. You lie. You support evil.

I condemn terrorists. I condemn communists. I condemn racists. I condemn liars. I condemn evil.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
No not wrong. And I enjoy outing racists such as yourself. Now go worship your ***** grabbing President.
Marine, you're an American. Whether you like it or not, he's your ***** grabbing President too.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Godwin's Law: "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hitler approaches 1" that is, if an online discussion (regardless of topic or scope) goes on long enough, sooner or later someone will compare someone or something to Adolf Hitler or his deeds.

You lose

Godwin is just some internet guy who has had some theory elevated to law.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
You really have a comprehension problem of a severe degree.

I guess if he pushed for Single Payer, $15 minimum wage, the shutdown and arrest of all ****/white supremacist groups, strict gun control, yada yada yada, you'd attack him for it?

You support and defend terrorists. You support and defend communists. You lie. You support evil.

I condemn terrorists. I condemn communists. I condemn racists. I condemn liars. I condemn evil.

you are still afraid of communists? do you buy goods made in China or Vietnam?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Godwin is just some internet guy who has had some theory elevated to law.
Godwin just doesn't want folks talking about Hitler and his **** regime. His "rule" would have debate shut down as soon as Hitler or ***** are mentioned. It's a bogus tactic that weak debaters utilize because they can not otherwise keep up with that debate.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
You attempted to minimize the actions and violence that was committed, with basically, "Yeah, but did anyone die?"

And, not to speak to you specifically (though I wouldn't doubt it would also apply), it was extremely common after Charlottesville for those on the left, MSM, etc. to defend/excuse the actions of these terrorists simply because they hate what ****'s stand for. Their message and beliefs are bad, therefore it's okay to be a terrorist.

Still waiting on that quote. I know it won't come, because as everyone here is aware, that was just you wishcasting again.

Specific quotes from actual leaders. You can find rabble saying anything particularly in the age of the interwebs.

What quote? All I see is you parroting my rhetoric.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
If you are going to try to preach to us about Colin Kaepernick, then speak the whole truth. Has he given specific examples of racial inequality or was his stance different than what you and others say it is now? He supported Assata Shakur, a convicted cop killer that escaped justice by fleeing to Cuba and he was very pro-Fidel Castro, a dictator thug. This is your guy?

More lies by you... Trump didn't call any protester an SOB, he said he wanted to hear a NFL team owner say, "fire that SOB". That's a very different thing. Kaep's stance was never swept under the rug, it just wasn't popular with fans until the fake news media made it about President Trump.

:laugh:Interesting mental gymnastics here. So who are the SOBs in question if not the protesters.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Specific quotes from actual leaders. You can find rabble saying anything particularly in the age of the interwebs.

What quote? All I see is you parroting my rhetoric.

I would never parrot anything you say. Mock for it's absurdity, sure.

You know what quote. About Trump saying all players who protest cops should be fired.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I would never parrot anything you say. Mock for it's absurdity, sure.

You know what quote. About Trump saying all players who protest cops should be fired.

Wouldn’t you love to see one of these NFL owners, when somebody disrespects our flag, to say, "Get that son of a ***** off the field right now. Out. He’s fired. He’s fired!" You know, some owner is going to do that. He’s going to say, "That guy that disrespects our flag, he’s fired." And that owner, they don’t know it. They don't know it. They'll be the most popular person, for a week. They'll be the most popular person in this country.

When the NFL ratings are down massively, massively. The NFL ratings are down massively. Now the number one reason happens to be they like watching what's happening... with yours truly. They like what's happening. Because you know today if you hit too hard—15 yards! Throw him out of the game! They had that last week. I watched for a couple of minutes. Two guys, just really beautiful tackle. Boom, 15 yards! The referee gets on television, his wife is sitting at home, she's so proud of him. They're ruining the game! They're ruining the game. That's what they want to do. They want to hit! It is hurting the game.

But you know what’s hurting the game more than that? When people like yourselves turn on television and you see those people taking the knee when they are playing our great national anthem. The only thing you could do better is if you see it, even if it’s one player, leave the stadium, I guarantee things will stop. Things will stop. Just pick up and leave. Pick up and leave. Not the same game anymore, anyway.

What is amusing to me is how you sycophants bend over backwards with your mental gymnastics trying to get into lockstep with every harebrained notion that comes out of the man's head. For people like yourself his word is sacrosanct and inviolable.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
What is amusing to me is how you sycophants bend over backwards with your mental gymnastics trying to get into lockstep with every harebrained notion that comes out of the man's head. For people like yourself his word is sacrosanct and inviolable.

That is not a quote of what you claimed. Please provide a quote of what you claim, or sit down and be quiet.

Stop your wishcasting and lying.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
That is not a quote of what you claimed. Please provide a quote of what you claim, or sit down and be quiet.

Stop your wishcasting and lying.

He is saying that he wants to see NFL players in their protests getting fired. He is even using sales rhetoric ie using second person to push it.

It's obvious what he wants and what he is encouraging.

And you do not know what wishcasting means. If you are going to use my rhetoric then at least use it correctly. I'll actually explain how you are wrong; it is much more effective than your tactics.

If I was wrong about something in the past that is not wishcasting. Wishcasting is a fusion of wishful thinking and forecasting. You don't forecast the past. If you need help understanding how to use the term correctly any further just let me know.

I will say though that parroting it back at me hoping that it will stick tells me that it sticks out in your mind even if you clearly do not understand what it means enough to use it correctly. Thanks for the encouragement.

An example of wishcasting is that the ratings will drop because of the protests.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
He is saying that he wants to see NFL players in their protests getting fired. He is even using sales rhetoric ie using second person to push it.

It's obvious what he wants and what he is encouraging.

And you do not know what wishcasting means. If you are going to use my rhetoric then at least use it correctly. I'll actually explain how you are wrong; it is much more effective than your tactics.

If I was wrong about something in the past that is not wishcasting. Wishcasting is a fusion of wishful thinking and forecasting. You don't forecast the past. If you need help understanding how to use the term correctly any further just let me know.

I will say though that parroting it back at me hoping that it will stick tells me that it sticks out in your mind even if you clearly do not understand what it means enough to use it correctly. Thanks for the encouragement.

An example of wishcasting is that the ratings will drop because of the protests.

Here's one definition (I hope you are familiar with the concept of words having multiple meanings):

A tactic in "journalism" used to promote a story as true simply because the writerwants it to be true.

And it "sticks out" because you have an inability to not use it. Your shtick is to throw around these terms and act more intelligent than others, but most of the time you are guilty of these things yourself.

And that's essentially what you did. You wish he said what you think he said, and use it for your arguments.

It is obvious what he wants and what he encouraged, but it is not what you said. You said he wanted any NFL player to be fired if they protest cops. However, his statement does not imply that at all. It does suggest hope that an owner would fire a player, but not if they protest cops. It was the manner in which they protest that he took issue with. It was not that they protested. It was not that it had anything to do with cops. Your statement was false. You know it was false. You wanted it to be true, though, and you promoted that idea because of it.

Your bias and your desire to have something to criticize the President for overrode the facts of the matter, and you concocted your own version of reality in your head.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Here's one definition (I hope you are familiar with the concept of words having multiple meanings):

And it "sticks out" because you have an inability to not use it. Your shtick is to throw around these terms and act more intelligent than others, but most of the time you are guilty of these things yourself.

And that's essentially what you did. You wish he said what you think he said, and use it for your arguments.

It is obvious what he wants and what he encouraged, but it is not what you said. You said he wanted any NFL player to be fired if they protest cops. However, his statement does not imply that at all. It does suggest hope that an owner would fire a player, but not if they protest cops. It was the manner in which they protest that he took issue with. It was not that they protested. It was not that it had anything to do with cops. Your statement was false. You know it was false. You wanted it to be true, though, and you promoted that idea because of it.

Your bias and your desire to have something to criticize the President for overrode the facts of the matter, and you concocted your own version of reality in your head.

That whole thing was a quote and not interpretation. Google some more and come up with something better than that harebrained journalism quote.

When you want something and encourage it to happen in a speech that is calling for it. You are trying to make someone else's argument and doing a poor job of it. Quite frankly, pretending that I have not addressed the alt right narrative that is attempting to separate the protests from the police is both disingenuous is laughable.

The easy way you cut through the crap is to point out that all of the players kneeling are protesting the police and have been very clear about it. When you call for people that kneel to be fired then you are also calling for people that are protesting to be fired. You should take that notion of words having multiple meanings and broaden the scope to things and ideas.

The act of kneeling during the national anthem is many things at once. To each NFL player doing it it is a protest against the police.

We can look at Trump's policies that have furthered the police state such as reopening the sale of military equipment, restarting civil asset forfeiture, and his encouragement of violent police tactics too if you like.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
That whole thing was a quote and not interpretation. Google some more and come up with something better than that harebrained journalism quote.

When you want something and encourage it to happen in a speech that is calling for it. You are trying to make someone else's argument and doing a poor job of it. Quite frankly, pretending that I have not addressed the alt right narrative that is attempting to separate the protests from the police is both disingenuous is laughable.

The easy way you cut through the crap is to point out that all of the players kneeling are protesting the police and have been very clear about it. When you call for people that kneel to be fired then you are also calling for people that are protesting to be fired. You should take that notion of words having multiple meanings and broaden the scope to things and ideas.

The act of kneeling during the national anthem is many things at once. To each NFL player doing it it is a protest against the police.

We can look at Trump's policies that have furthered the police state such as reopening the sale of military equipment, restarting civil asset forfeiture, and his encouragement of violent police tactics too if you like.

Just because they are protesting the police doesn't change what the president said and what he was saying. You did that because you try and manipulate and distort. You are in the wrong and you know it. You can try and twist things and parse words however you want, and you will still be wrong. There is no merit to your argument. You said he said one thing and he said something else. Period.

You can also try and obfuscate your lies by bringing in other Trump policies, but that is all irrelevant to the fact that you attributed words to someone that they did not say.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Just because they are protesting the police doesn't change what the president said and what he was saying. You did that because you try and manipulate and distort. You are in the wrong and you know it. You can try and twist things and parse words however you want, and you will still be wrong.

Again all of the people kneeling are protesting the police. Every one of them. Ergot every person that Trump called to be fired was protesting the police. I am not trying to twist anything and you clearly lack the capacity to even attempt to demonstrate how that might be the case. Assertions without basis are to be discarded.

If you want to believe that they issue of kneeling for the flag is separate from protesting the police then have fun with that. I am bored with having to hold your hand through analysis and am moving on.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Again all of the people kneeling protesting the police. Every person that Trump called to be firing was protesting the police. I am not trying to twist anything and you clearly lack the capacity to even attempt to demonstrate how.

If you want to believe that they issue of kneeling for the flag is separate from protesting the police then have fun with that. I am bored with having to hold your hand through analysis and am moving on.

You clearly do not understand how logic works.

Everyone that Trump called to be fired was protesting during the national anthem in a way that he, and many others find disrespectful. He's not calling for the firing for other people that have protested the police. He did not call for the firing of players that changed how they protested during the anthem, even saying that standing and locking arms was good. So, it is clear that it is NOT protesting that he wants peopled fired for, and it's not for being against the police that he wants people fired for, it was the specific actions during the anthem that were perceived to be disrespectful that he hoped led to someone being fired.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Again all of the people kneeling are protesting the police. Every one of them. Ergot every person that Trump called to be fired was protesting the police. I am not trying to twist anything and you clearly lack the capacity to even attempt to demonstrate how that might be the case. Assertions without basis are to be discarded.

I have shown how. You can't connect your dots because they are arbitrary. A != C. Your argument has no merit. It lacks logic.

Did you ever take Geometry and have to do proofs? Did you pass?
Have you ever tried any programming? Were you lost?

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Your argument is analagous to:

Trump: I think drunk-drivers should be in jail.
You: Trump says people who drink should be in jail. All people who are drunk-drivers drank alcohol, so obviously he's saying all drinkers should be in jail.

Status
Not open for further replies.