So you want a new QB?

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
I have been saying Brissett since the draft, he has arm strength and and accuracy. Experience and getting the ball out timely is his only shortcomings.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Agree with you. Tampa did pick up the option, but it at this point is only guaranteed in case of injury.

Not saying they are not playing him because of that, but it kind of reminds me of RG3's 4th year in Washington. At the time there was talk that the Commanders they weren't playing him so he didn't get injured and guarantee that 5th year.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...fter-team-said-he-was-cleared-rg3-still-isnt/
I think it's the 4 INTs, including a pick 6 in his last game, is the reason the Bucs aren't starting him.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Agree with you. Tampa did pick up the option, but it at this point is only guaranteed in case of injury.

Not saying they are not playing him because of that, but it kind of reminds me of RG3's 4th year in Washington. At the time there was talk that the Commanders weren't playing him in order to protect him from getting injured and guarantee that 5th year after they picked it up that off-season.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...fter-team-said-he-was-cleared-rg3-still-isnt/
So Tampa can cut him in the offseason?

irishline

Reaction score
I think it's the 4 INTs, including a pick 6 in his last game, is the reason the Bucs aren't starting him.

Oh I don't disagree with that. I phrased that wrong. I believe that would be why they will not be playing him moving forward. They will stick with Fitz no matter what because Jameis showed he is not worth the risk of a $21 million guarantee.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Not sure I read the OP right, but it seemed to say that Romo developed enough as a QB?
I know Red ways always dogging Tony in his weekly game write-ups, but really?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I ask this..

If not DAK..

then who?

Are you really going to trust this team to find your next QB and actually develop him?

They were unable to get Romo there after nearly 10+ years.

They then failed to have a replacement ready in Weeden who they had for 2 years.

Then the parade of QB in 2015..

NOTHING.

And remember..

we tried to trade up for Paxton Lynch before Denver took him.

We all know what happened to Lynch.

We do not know what we are doing.

Before we solve the QB thing..

we have to redo the consortium of failed QBs masquerading as qualified experts.

Keller Moore has to go as does Linehan and Sanjay.

Since we do not have a #1 draft pick in 2019..

that means 2020 before we hae the pick to use on a QB.replacement.

FA could be an answer.

But again..

I highly doubt we have the staff in place to make that work.

And that means more delays while our OL is rebuilt.

Time will slip away.

Comments?
if you don't admit you have a problem you will never look for the solution. After Aikman, we kept looking for the QB of the future until we stumbled on Romo and prior to Romo we brought Bledsoe as a bandaid. now Romo is gone. we thought Dak is it, much like Jerry thought Quincy Carter was it......Dak is not it. we have to look for the next franchise QB, given we don't have a first next year and its looking like a top 10 pick...then we have to figure out what we need to do....

and the problem is Jerry is short sighted and believes Dak too much and if he brings another coach, he will ask the coach to make Dak the corner stone and we will waste a few years again....

I also agree, if we get a QB and need to groom we need to get rid of Kellen Moore and Linehan. Garrett brought Linehan given they had worked together on a stint in Miami and similar backgrounds in offensive philosophy..... and Linehan for some reason has a hard on for Kellen and doesn't' want to get rid of him. He brought him from Detroit, made him back up QB and when he got outplayed by an UDFA, he made him coach.....

Supercowboy1986

Reaction score
DP appears to be finishing his rookie deal at the minimum.

I say if/when a new hc is hired give him DP for his final year of the rookie deal and go from there.

Goff was considered a bust with Fisher and completely turned it around with Mcvey (sp?)

I’m not saying DP is Goff but coaching obviously made a difference there.

I do not think Goff is the exception.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
This logic just escapes me.

Yeah, the QB sucks, but they might have a hard time finding someone else, so why not stick with the suck you know?

Let's keep failing because trying something else might lead to failure...smh.

And the nonsense about Romo is just that, nonsense.
:hammer::hammer::hammer:

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
You're right.

Trying to improve a weakness is hard, so why try?

Sign me up for endless 8-8 seasons.

aria

Reaction score
I couldn’t care less who it is but get Dak the hell the out of here. Get the hefty lefty, Jared Lorenzen for all I care.

Cowboysfan917

Reaction score
I like that they will likely give DAK another season before actively searching for somebody else. I'm more than a little shocked that DaK has regressed as much as he had. I wasn't surprised by the sophomore slump, but some of the stuff he doing now is unacceptable. With no #1 pick next year, this team will have to wait until 2020 draft anyway. I love the idea of bringing in a veteran like Bridgewater or hell even RGIII. Dak needs a veteran who can maybe bring some Fritz magic with them behind him
He hasn’t regressed. He just hasn’t improved