Some Dallas fans are delusional about Dak

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
You wanted Dak extended.

Now quit whining about the consequences that come with him being a loser.
Dak has 3 straight. 12 win seasons....most fans would adore this except spoiled Dallas fans. Yea...I want more also but I know Dak isn't the sole problem why we haven't.. Get real... You are the one whining. :facepalm: Dak..Dak...Dak.... Jerry could trip over trying to pick up a penny and you'd find a way to blame Dak:laugh:Dak has his problems but he's one of the least problem this team has....

GINeric

Reaction score
well if u have zero standard and scoring any pts is too hard for dak then why pay him $60,000,000 a year

u can get a qb for vet min or a rookie deal to put up garbage number if that is the standard or expectation

Just like the OP said..... if the other max contract quarterbacks who ARE CONSIDERED ELITE..... aren't lighting up the scoreboard..... why is Dak, a non elite quarterback expected to?

Those other quarterbacks are making high dollar max contracts too!!!

That's just the problem. You hypocrites and goal post movers call it a "team game" for other quarterbacks..... but Dak is supposed to do everything in a TEAM game.

Again.... if the top 4 or 5 elite quarterbacks ARE NOT putting up 35, 40 points and 500 yards a game early in the season, how is Dak, a top 7 to 10 NON elite expected to??

That doesn't make any sense..... thats hypocrisy at its finest.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
When Dak is finally gone, this will be his legacy. His fans making excuses and blaming everyone else for his lack of ability. It really is that simple.

Sure there are other issues with this team, organization, ownership but when it comes to Dak, he's just never been a naturally talented player. You can cover that up sometimes but it is always the core reason he falters so often.
When Dak is finally gone he'll be remembered as another quarterback that played in Dallas not named Aikman or Staubach.. But he has 4 years to change this....

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Dak has 3 straight. 12 win seasons....most fans would adore this except spoiled Dallas fans. Yea...I want more also but I know Dak isn't the sole problem why we haven't.. Get real... You are the one whining. :facepalm: Dak..Dak...Dak.... Jerry could trip over trying to pick up a penny and you'd find a way to blame Dak:laugh:Dak has his problems but he's one of the least problem this team has....
No he doest’t have 3 straight 12 win seasons, Dak fan.

Only Dak fans credit Dak for wins when Cooper Rush was playing.

GINeric

Reaction score
It’s the defenses fault that the offense only scored 1 TD.

Oh I KNOW you're sick today.... your Eagles choked!!! So who's fault was it that you got owned by Cousins last night?? Was that Hurts fault or your trash *** defense filled with first round draft picks????

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is a lazy take, IMO. The defense laid an egg, it was horrible, no argument. But that doesn't give the O a pass on being crappy as well, esp the QB. It is those moments, the QB (esp. one that demanded to be the hightetst paid player in the history of the league) is expected to step up. Make the right throws, not compound the issue with bad passes and turnovers. The throw to Brooks, not his fault, the WR fell down, things happen. The 2nd interception, all on Dak, he had a TE running free and he chose to force the ball into double coverage. The ball he threw to Zeke for what should have been a walk in TD, he threw 3 feet short. The ball he threw to Tolbert that almost got him killed on the sideline was horrible, just floated it out there. Who knows what would have happened if our 60 million QB would have shown up and locked in. It could have been a Denver 51-48 all over again. But instead, he presses and makes bad decisions and throws. You should really expect better for the highest paid QB of all time.
The Dak Cult intentionally dismiss an anemic offense's effect on the defense. Both mentally and physically. It's called momentum...and once the defense cedes to it Dak and the offense offer nothing to change it, often contribution to making it much worse (see Dak's green bay game).

This isn't complicated. You noted an example of...the former QB...able to not let the game get out of control and be competitive to the end, despite the defense caving time after time. The Bengals / Chiefs game was an example of...well ONE of these teams are gonna lose but we'll make a game of it!

GINeric

Reaction score
No he doest’t have 3 straight 12 win seasons, Dak fan.

Only Dak fans credit Dak for wins when Cooper Rush was playing.
And we appreciate Cooper Rush for his accomplishments in the 5 game winning streak he helped us win.... but when the film caught up to him, you saw what Rush really was.

A career backup who has spent most of his career on and off of practice squads and that is ok!! He is in the NFL. I greatly appreciate Rush, but please stop placing his name in the same conversation as Dak.

Dak is a perennial top 10, All-Pro, MVP candidate quarterback Again..... Rush is a career backup and nothing more. It's levels....

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
You’re crediting Dak for wins that he was in street clothes for.

You’re showing you’re just another run of the mill Dak over Dallas fan.
:laugh: :lmao:......I'm a Dallas Cowboy fan regardless of whose the quarterback. Cooper Rush become the starter I'll be rooting for Rush because I'm a Dallas Cowboy fan. And if he's playing well and some fans start blaming him for everything. I'll be saying the same thing as I say for Dak. NOT ALL HIS FAULT!!! CAN'T PUT UP 30 EVERY GAME TO COVER FOR HIS PATHETIC DEFENSE.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
And we appreciate Cooper Rush for his accomplishments in the 5 game winning streak he helped us win.... but when the film caught up to him, you saw what Rush really was.

A career backup who has spent most of his career on and off of practice squads and that is ok!! He is in the NFL. I greatly appreciate Rush, but please stop placing his name in the same conversation as Dak.

Dak is a perennial top 10, All-Pro, MVP candidate quarterback Again..... Rush is a career backup and nothing more. It's levels....
A career back up bum QB that took Dak’s roster to a 5-1 record and smashed the “if Dak can’t do it nobody can” narrative forever.

The new narrative is “If Dak can do it Cooper Rush can too”.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
:laugh: :lmao:......I'm a Dallas Cowboy fan regardless of whose the quarterback. Cooper Rush become the starter I'll be rooting for Rush because I'm a Dallas Cowboy fan. And if he's playing well and some fans start blaming him for everything. I'll be saying the same thing as I say for Dak. NOT ALL HIS FAULT!!! CAN'T PUT UP 30 EVERY GAME TO COVER FOR HIS PATHETIC DEFENSE.
Explain how the defense makes the offenses only score 1 TD.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
A career back up bum QB that took Dak’s roster to a 5-1 record and smashed the “if Dak can’t do it nobody can” narrative forever.

ROOKIE QUARTERBACK-4TH ROUNDER AT THAT...10 or 12 straight wins??? I'll take Dak over anything in Philly :facepalm: :lmao:

GINeric

Reaction score
You’re crediting Dak for wins that he was in street clothes for.

You’re showing you’re just another run of the mill Dak over Dallas fan.

You are absolutely correct. Dak does NOT deserve the credit for the wins that happened when he was in street clothes.....

As long as you and other like you remember to keep that same energy for saying what Dak DIDN'T 8 seasons when he only played 7 COMPLETE seasons due to missing a whole season because of a broken ankle.

It's amazing how yall lump that season onto his resume when he broke his ankle.... yet you like to give credit to a career backup in a season where Dak missed time.

The hypocrisy, double standard and goal post moving is strong with you my son.....

tomsanders921

Reaction score
I'll keep it short..... No quarterback is putting up big numbers except New Orleans. Pretty much all games minus Dallas and one or two more. The teams' defenses are keeping the scores in the teens to low 20's. Thus giving their offense and quarterback a chance to win it in the end. Yet "some" Dallas fans expect Dak to go out and put up 35 or more points a game. Mahomes - Burrow or Allen isn't doing it. All I ask is for our defense to keep the score in the low 20's or no more then 25 to give Dak and our offense a chance. They do that we'll be ok and win most of our games. They don't? Dak won't matter nor any other quarterback in the NFL....FACT!!!!! Just ask Atlanta how they won.....
Dak needs to be better in the red zone. It's been a problem for years now. I don't know if it's him or the play calling, but it's not good.

He missed 2 potential TD throws against the saints. You can't miss this and then settle for field goals.

I'm not saying it's all on Dak. The defense and running game sucked against the saints. But we have seen this offense struggle in the redzone for years now, even if they are able to move the ball up and down the field.

GINeric

Reaction score

I wouldn't call Rush a bum.... but the same team that Dak has owned his whole career, made Rush look like a junior college quarterback.

With that said.... if Rush was as good as you believe.... why haven't 31 other GMs, scouts, coaches came and snatched him off of the Cowboys and Giants practice squads? He spent plenty of time throughout his career more than available.

So are you saying you evaluate NFL quarterback talent than those who play and coach the game??

MojaveJT

Reaction score
Oh so now it’s a team stat when it fits your narrative. Dak gets credit for the wins but when it’s a loss it’s everyone else but Dak.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Dak needs to be better in the red zone. It's been a problem for years now. I don't know if it's him or the play calling, but it's not good.

He missed 2 potential TD throws against the saints. You can't miss this and then settle for field goals.

I'm not saying it's all on Dak. The defense and running game sucked against the saints. But we have seen this offense struggle in the redzone for years now, even if they are able to move the ball up and down the field.
Good point's. But we don't know if CeeDee ran the wrong route again. Dak is great usually good between the 20's. But once there McCarthy get's conservative. I think he knows we have a great kicker and that just freezes his brain at this point. So many great runs with Dak we could use....CeeDee...and others. McCarthy IMHO is the biggest problem we have in the redzone. And then even with these mishaps...If the DEFENSE had held it in the 20's -we still could of won. Dak can't do anything getting the ball one time the whole 3rd quarter.