Some Dallas fans are delusional about Dak

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Atlanta won by not turning over the ball and playing basic, hard nosed football. They ran the ball (which, I’ll give, we are absolutely abhorrent at), kept their opponents scoring to a minimum for the most part, and didn’t turn the ball over. And they barely won at that. They won because Saquon has butter fingers.

Dak…threw how many interceptions? Fumbled the ball too, right? 3 turnovers from a single player. I know one technically wasn’t his fault, but that leaves him with 2 turnovers overall.

No one is expecting Dak to throw 400 yards, 35+ points every game. But considering his contract and vet status, we are asking that IN SITUATIONS that call for it, such as the one against NO last Sunday, that he learns to STEP UP and prove that he can stitch the hems. His response to NO was nothing short of pathetic and inexcusable. He had the opportunity to lead his team and score after every drive and he failed to do so (and no—I’m not counting those pitiful field goals. Love Aubrey, he’s our best player right now, but when the other team keeps scoring 7 and you keep settling for 3, there’s deep problems with the offense that need to be addressed). I’d be more forgiving if it was a close loss and Dak actually tried but he didn’t. It was a blowout. And not just a regular blowout but one extremely similar to the loss we had against GB in the playoffs which indicates he did not learn, he did not evolve, and he certainly did not care enough to grow from his past shortcomings, which is the same story every year with him, which is why so many fans have grown sick of him and his failures.
Wrong! Atalanta won because their defense kept the game close. The Dallas defense didn't do that. No offense should be expected to score a TD every time it has the ball so it's wrong for you to expect that of Dak. Despite your ridiculous expectations of him, his new contract doesn't give him superpowers. So point the blame of Sunday's embarrassing loss where it belongs... Zimmer's defense.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
He'll join the Romo fans and all the other quarterbacks not named Staubach or Aikman... At least they can throw one hell of a loser party:laugh:Dak still has time to get out that group and that's what I'm hoping for. As all "real" Cowboy fans should be hoping...
But untalented QB's rarely do. I have given up hope for the organization. They will reap what they sow.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
jerry is the handcuffs. Dallas has plenty of money to go out and sign help. But some of you wanna believe corporate Jerry that the team is broke. Lies...just like when you in real life want a raise. The company plays broke..... Research it yourself. Dallas has ways to get to 40 million in cap space easily. Jerry just doesn't want to do it.....All I'm hearing is dak-Dak-Dak...We aint won squat in 30 years...And all you can say is Dak...Really???? You can't be serious about winning....
I mean, yeah, Jerry is the one constant in the last 3 decades. He’s to blame for everything.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Dak is the 60 million dollar man. He is far and away the highest paid member of the team. He is the CEO of the team and is ultimately responsible for everybody. That is just how it works.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
No he doesn’t, not against the Saints. Are you fricken blind? Did you see the Saints score on every damn drive? Kamara in fact just scored another touchdown and you have the audacity to expose yourself like this blaming in on the QB?

IMG-0513.gif
Have you seen his pff grade? Lmao.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Dak is the 60 million dollar man. He is far and away the highest paid member of the team. He is the CEO of the team and is ultimately responsible for everybody. That is just how it works.
Come on, man. You know darn well that's not how it works. You got a defense that was man handled and that's putting it lightly. You have an OC who wets his pants in the redzone. You have a clueless GM who has not 1-not 2-not 3 guys at running back that maybe shouldn't even be in the league. Not to mention 2 old men at defensive tackle. Yet you saying it's all on Dak cause he makes the most. This isn't a fortune 500 company on the field with one CEO. You have 53 guys..."ALL" making more money than most people in real life. On the field not doing their job. And that also includes McCarthy and his massage table buddies. So, anyone with any sense should know what you said-respectfully-makes no sense.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Come on, man. You know darn well that's not how it works. You got a defense that was man handled and that's putting it lightly. You have an OC who wets his pants in the redzone. You have a clueless GM who has not 1-not 2-not 3 guys at running back that maybe shouldn't even be in the league. Not to mention 2 old men at defensive tackle. Yet you saying it's all on Dak cause he makes the most. This isn't a fortune 500 company on the field with one CEO. You have 53 guys..."ALL" making more money than most people in real life. On the field not doing their job. And that also includes McCarthy and his massage table buddies. So, anyone with any sense should know what you said-respectfully-makes no sense.
Only a Dak defender would think what the person you quoted made no sense. When you’re a “leader” you don’t get held to the same standards as the “followers” and that’s always been the case. Most of y’all have never been in a leadership position so you wouldn’t know that.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The fans that say Dak sucks and are putting all the blame on him for Sunday’s loss are delusional. If the issues with the Cowboys aren’t obvious to some fans and they think it’s all because of the QB then football isn’t for them.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Atlanta won by not turning over the ball and playing basic, hard nosed football. They ran the ball (which, I’ll give, we are absolutely abhorrent at), kept their opponents scoring to a minimum for the most part, and didn’t turn the ball over. And they barely won at that. They won because Saquon has butter fingers.

Dak…threw how many interceptions? Fumbled the ball too, right? 3 turnovers from a single player. I know one technically wasn’t his fault, but that leaves him with 2 turnovers overall.

No one is expecting Dak to throw 400 yards, 35+ points every game. But considering his contract and vet status, we are asking that IN SITUATIONS that call for it, such as the one against NO last Sunday, that he learns to STEP UP and prove that he can stitch the hems. His response to NO was nothing short of pathetic and inexcusable. He had the opportunity to lead his team and score after every drive and he failed to do so (and no—I’m not counting those pitiful field goals. Love Aubrey, he’s our best player right now, but when the other team keeps scoring 7 and you keep settling for 3, there’s deep problems with the offense that need to be addressed). I’d be more forgiving if it was a close loss and Dak actually tried but he didn’t. It was a blowout. And not just a regular blowout but one extremely similar to the loss we had against GB in the playoffs which indicates he did not learn, he did not evolve, and he certainly did not care enough to grow from his past shortcomings, which is the same story every year with him, which is why so many fans have grown sick of him and his failures.
You have to add in the baffling defense played by eagles late in the game giving up huge quick chunks of yards.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So Dak ain't part of it?

For the gazillionth time, nobody's putting all the blame on him. But he is among the suckers.

He is not the lone fighter when everyone else has fallen. He does not keep us in the race when some wheels (defense) have fallen off. He goes as far as the team goes when it should be the other way round in such devastating games. He is the classical bus driver. And that's been the critique which has been proven time and time again.

As I said, the last time Dak has shown the qualities mentioned above was the loss in the season opener against Tampa Bay in 21. That loss and how Dak kept us in the game was more inspiring than the 40-0 beat down of the Giants last year. And that was the last time I saw him as the leader so many here still think he is.
Can't for the life of me figure out where people get the notion others blame only dak.

Yes....his name comes up most...but what do you expect. Dak and Jerry brought this on themselves for stupid contract and it's drama timing.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So Dak ain't part of it?

For the gazillionth time, nobody's putting all the blame on him. But he is among the suckers.

He is not the lone fighter when everyone else has fallen. He does not keep us in the race when some wheels (defense) have fallen off. He goes as far as the team goes when it should be the other way round in such devastating games. He is the classical bus driver. And that's been the critique which has been proven time and time again.

As I said, the last time Dak has shown the qualities mentioned above was the loss in the season opener against Tampa Bay in 21. That loss and how Dak kept us in the game was more inspiring than the 40-0 beat down of the Giants last year. And that was the last time I saw him as the leader so many here still think he is.
I’m not defending Dak at ALL. Just saying he’s not the biggest problem. Dak won’t be here at some point. The Jones family will.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Only a Dak defender would think what the person you quoted made no sense. When you’re a “leader” you don’t get held to the same standards as the “followers” and that’s always been the case. Most of y’all have never been in a leadership position so you wouldn’t know that.
So by your theory every quarterback should be held to this standard-right? Then by your standard the only quarterback that makes your case is Mahomes....Which makes your theory wrong in the aspect you presented it. A leader needs the people under him to be successful. For the leader to be.....

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
I’m not defending Dak at ALL. Just saying he’s not the biggest problem. Dak won’t be here at some point. The Jones family will.
And I'm not saying he's the biggest problem. But at his position he shouldn't be among the problems, no matter how much he makes. I'd lash out the same criticism if he earned 40m per year.
:)

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I'll keep it short..... No quarterback is putting up big numbers except New Orleans. Pretty much all games minus Dallas and one or two more. The teams' defenses are keeping the scores in the teens to low 20's. Thus giving their offense and quarterback a chance to win it in the end. Yet "some" Dallas fans expect Dak to go out and put up 35 or more points a game. Mahomes - Burrow or Allen isn't doing it. All I ask is for our defense to keep the score in the low 20's or no more then 25 to give Dak and our offense a chance. They do that we'll be ok and win most of our games. They don't? Dak won't matter nor any other quarterback in the NFL....FACT!!!!! Just ask Atlanta how they won.....
Yes, we all understand that it should be extremely difficult for the highest paid QB in the history of the NFL to have to deal with the burden.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
I'll keep it short..... No quarterback is putting up big numbers except New Orleans. Pretty much all games minus Dallas and one or two more. The teams' defenses are keeping the scores in the teens to low 20's. Thus giving their offense and quarterback a chance to win it in the end. Yet "some" Dallas fans expect Dak to go out and put up 35 or more points a game. Mahomes - Burrow or Allen isn't doing it. All I ask is for our defense to keep the score in the low 20's or no more then 25 to give Dak and our offense a chance. They do that we'll be ok and win most of our games. They don't? Dak won't matter nor any other quarterback in the NFL....FACT!!!!! Just ask Atlanta how they won.....
How many picks did those QBs you mentioned above throw?????????

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Gotta be good to choke.., dudes just an average QB at best..
Ya, Daks no choker, better QBs like McNabb got the choker label.
There is a term right below choker, just a hair less than the choker label but we have not defined that term yet.
Dak will have a negative nick name tagged to him from the fans before week 8 even hits us.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
No he doesn’t, not against the Saints. Are you fricken blind? Did you see the Saints score on every damn drive? Kamara in fact just scored another touchdown and you have the audacity to expose yourself like this blaming in on the QB?

IMG-0513.gif
This is a lazy take, IMO. The defense laid an egg, it was horrible, no argument. But that doesn't give the O a pass on being crappy as well, esp the QB. It is those moments, the QB (esp. one that demanded to be the hightetst paid player in the history of the league) is expected to step up. Make the right throws, not compound the issue with bad passes and turnovers. The throw to Brooks, not his fault, the WR fell down, things happen. The 2nd interception, all on Dak, he had a TE running free and he chose to force the ball into double coverage. The ball he threw to Zeke for what should have been a walk in TD, he threw 3 feet short. The ball he threw to Tolbert that almost got him killed on the sideline was horrible, just floated it out there. Who knows what would have happened if our 60 million QB would have shown up and locked in. It could have been a Denver 51-48 all over again. But instead, he presses and makes bad decisions and throws. You should really expect better for the highest paid QB of all time.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
How many picks did those QBs you mentioned above throw?????????
Pretty much all of them had 1 or two...int's or fumbles....You really think Dak was the only one with turn overs :laugh: Dak had better numbers then most of them also. Including Mahomes-Burrow and maybe Allen. Dak had one bad throw into double coverage. The fumble -it happens...his first of the year. I mean if a running back fumbles for the first time of the year you'd be ready to bench him also.. Dak if given time and given the ball can get us 20 plus in most games. Problem is can the defense keep the opponent under 20 something. It's laughable that some fans in here expect Dak to put up 30or more every game. No quarterback in the league can do this. New Orleans will get cooled down soon also...Dak doesn't have an "S" on his chest.. No quarter back in the league does. Not leaving out Mahomes at times but he had bad throws and should of had 2 int's Sunday if not for one dropped by the corner. And Mahomes fumbles way more than Dak does in a season...Cousin won last night because his defense gave him a chance. In Dallas it's the opposite. Dak is supposed to give the defense a chance :facepalm:

SquidwardTentacles

Reaction score
The Eagles won’t make him QB for life either. If he keeps underperforming they’ll dump him just like Wentz.

And he’s 10x more successful than Dak has been.

They don’t care if he finished 2nd place in the MVP voting years ago either.
if Hurts had the teams Dak had for many years, he'd have demolished all of Dak's stats.
Heck, Gardner Mishew probably could have equaled them.