Some of y'all will never get it

CWR

Reaction score
Hire this coach! Sign this free agent! Draft this guy! It's not about a guy here or there with this team, it starts at the top. It's a dysfunctional organization.

Jerry and Stephen Jones are unique. No other NFL team has the owner as GM and his son as Director of Player Personnel. This has been the arrangement in Dallas for 28 years. They have won four wild card games. That's it. That's all they have to show for it. They've fired more head coaches than playoff wins in that time.

Take a good hard look. These are the masterminds you're counting on after 28 years of trying. If you weren't a Cowboys fan, you'd laugh at them. They're a joke.

They aren't going to suddenly figure it out, they aren't going to quit while the money still rolls in, so accept 12-5. It's as good as it is going to get. Enjoy.

usa_today_16649051.0.jpg
Everyone is aware, almost everyone.

It is the one problem we won't ever fix. We get that.

So what do you suggest, we crawl in a hole and die? Just give up any semblance of hope?

It's fairly rational to hope we can find the right combination of coaches and players who can somehow circumvent the clown show and win. We have to overwhelm with talent or find a coach who is masterful in dealing with the Jones family. We all know this. We all know how the odds stacked up against us. It's not news and it's not ignorance.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Everyone is aware, almost everyone.

It is the one problem we won't ever fix. We get that.

So what do you suggest, we crawl in a hole and die? Just give up any semblance of hope?

It's fairly rational to hope we can find the right combination of coaches and players who can somehow circumvent the clown show and win. We have to overwhelm with talent or find a coach who is masterful in dealing with the Jones family. We all know this. We all know how the odds stacked up against us. It's not news and it's not ignorance.
I think its more for those that look at these playoff loses over the last 28 years and think "We are this player away" or "we are this coach away" we have replaced every player several times over ..replaced the coaching staff several times over...its the GM period..winning will be luck until that is fixed..

CWR

Reaction score
I think its more for those that look at these playoff loses over the last 28 years and think "We are this player away" or "we are this coach away" we have replaced every player several times over ..replaced the coaching staff several times over...its the GM period..winning will be luck until that is fixed..
Well we were several players away. It was obvious we couldn't run or defend the run. Maybe if you fix that you advance. Maybe MM wasn't good enough regardless, since our staff got out coached in almost every game against elite teams.

You can start there and the blame lies with the GM, as well as coaches for their vision of the roster.

It's hard not to look at our gaping holes and not see the player(s) away from contention.

Maybe if we addressed those things this FO would actually have some post season success.

See its too easy to see the flaws not to point them out. If we could accomplish those things and still fail then I could go all in on culture. Culture is a problem, but it can be overcome if we get "lucky" and find the right mix of people. Easier said than done.

DFWJC

Reaction score
So hypothetically, you are saying this

assume
Scenario1 : Jerry hires all of your favorite coaches and all your favorite players. If they lose, its Jerrys fault
Scenario 2: Assume another owner hires all of your favorite coaches and all your favorite players. If they lose, do you still blame the owner?

So the main credit should go to the owner (not the players or coaches) for this year's Super Bowl winner?
So the main blame for the SB loser should go to the owner....even if the QB throws 3 picks and the coach flubs up the whole game?

Nonsense.

If Jerry had all of the Chiefs coaches and Chiefs players, Mahomes would still be Mahomes and Reid would still be Reid.

I've never been in the camp wanted Jerry to be GM--even if he is only GM in name these days. So he gets some blame.
But in all team sports, the blame STARTS with the players and coaches

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The fact that there are still posters who defend Jerry is mind blowing ........... How many years has to go by before they admit that Jerry has no clue what he is doing?

30?
35?
40?

Well Jerry is 81 and a heavy drinker so .......

Stephen is only 60 .......... hopefully he turns the football reigns over to football guys when his daddy kicks the bucket ....... and no hopefully not Will McClay, that guy kisses more Jones arse than even Michael Irvin.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Well we were several players away. It was obvious we couldn't run or defend the run. Maybe if you fix that you advance. Maybe MM wasn't good enough regardless, since our staff got out coached in almost every game against elite teams.

You can start there and the blame lies with the GM, as well as coaches for their vision of the roster.

It's hard not to look at our gaping holes and not see the player(s) away from contention.

Maybe if we addressed those things this FO would actually have some post season success.

See its too easy to see the flaws not to point them out. If we could accomplish those things and still fail then I could go all in on culture. Culture is a problem, but it can be overcome if we get "lucky" and find the right mix of people. Easier said than done.
literaaly the "Core" of this team is having a family fued on Social media..like a real family fued..yeah culture is the problem and that lies with the GM who has no pressure ever to produce a winning team...I mean we are still waiting for Zak Martins Mamma and sister to wiegh in think they are scheduled for Monday....

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Next time the sun will disappear and then Jerry will be told by Stephen to just buy out the battery market for flashlights. And people will hate their football team as a reason for living.
:laugh:

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hire this coach! Sign this free agent! Draft this guy! It's not about a guy here or there with this team, it starts at the top. It's a dysfunctional organization.

Jerry and Stephen Jones are unique. No other NFL team has the owner as GM and his son as Director of Player Personnel. This has been the arrangement in Dallas for 28 years. They have won four wild card games. That's it. That's all they have to show for it. They've fired more head coaches than playoff wins in that time.

Take a good hard look. These are the masterminds you're counting on after 28 years of trying. If you weren't a Cowboys fan, you'd laugh at them. They're a joke.

They aren't going to suddenly figure it out, they aren't going to quit while the money still rolls in, so accept 12-5. It's as good as it is going to get. Enjoy.

usa_today_16649051.0.jpg
Like we've never heard this before...over and over and over again. I don't get why fans that keep complaining about everything and calling their team a joke keep coming back....the joke is at their expense.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Like we've never heard this before...over and over and over again. I don't get why fans that keep complaining about everything and calling their team a joke keep coming back....the joke is at their expense.
most of us were fans before Jerry bought the team..i root for the team, Jerry owns it..I dont have to root for Jerry and lets be real, when fans are unpleased with the results who is suppose to get the heat? It happens in every other market to every other team..you dont want things to change for this franchise?

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
how many does he have without sb winning coaches?

in fact, name a franchise that has fired more than 2 SB winning coaches?
Neither Jimmy nor Barry had Super Bowls before they came to Dallas. Kind of a strange question.

JJ needs to return to his roots and remember the formula that won those Super Bowls. He got cocky after Jimmy and labeled himself as the mastermind. What he needs to do is worry about cashing the checks for a coach that knows how to build a proper team. He tried it with Parcells, but once again allowed his ego to take control. Maybe he's doing that with McCarthy, but McCarthy isn't Jimmy.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
most of us were fans before Jerry bought the team..i root for the team, Jerry owns it..I dont have to root for Jerry and lets be real, when fans are unpleased with the results who is suppose to get the heat? It happens in every other market to every other team..you dont want things to change for this franchise?
I can't control anything so I don't let it bother me. I've been involved in football as a player, coach or consultant for 49 years. I understand the things I can control and the things I can't.

CWR

Reaction score
literaaly the "Core" of this team is having a family fued on Social media..like a real family fued..yeah culture is the problem and that lies with the GM who has no pressure ever to produce a winning team...I mean we are still waiting for Zak Martins Mamma and sister to wiegh in think they are scheduled for Monday....
Yeah I don't recall saying it wasn't a problem. In FACT I said the opposite.

Besides that let's not pretend this isn't common place after a disappointing end to the season. You can find drama in Philly or Buffalo as well rn. The Eagles who won a superbowl have such an infected culture the beat writers have an entire podcast series on it.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

usa_today_16649051.0.jpg
I do think that after 28 years that include multiple head coaches, personnel changes, etc., that this should be fairly easy to see. What is the constant in not making an NFC Championship Game all these years after the Jimmy teams dismantled? Jerry the GM.

TheCritic

Reaction score
I wish people who start these blame Jerry/Stephen threads would at least have the courtesy to take it a step beyond the 28 years thing. At least put some analysis into what they are doing wrong. No need to rehash what's already been posted a billion times.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I do think that after 28 years that include multiple head coaches, personnel changes, etc., that this should be fairly easy to see. What is the constant in not making an NFC Championship Game all these years after the Jimmy teams dismantled? Jerry the GM.
pretty easy to see..

cowboyblue22

Reaction score

usa_today_16649051.0.jpg
a lot of the cowboys problems are also that they dont have tough minded players they are weak mentally when play are there to be made thely simply dont make them in playoff games its hard to overcome upper management and the weak minded players

Reactions: CWR

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
a lot of the cowboys problems are also that they dont have tough minded players they are weak mentally when play are there to be made thely simply dont make them in playoff games its hard to overcome upper management and the weak minded players
They become weak from being here..no way we have drafted 3 decades of weak minded players..the odds are unreal.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
So hypothetically, you are saying this

assume
Scenario1 : Jerry hires all of your favorite coaches and all your favorite players. If they lose, its Jerrys fault
Scenario 2: Assume another owner hires all of your favorite coaches and all your favorite players. If they lose, do you still blame the owner?

So the main credit should go to the owner (not the players or coaches) for this year's Super Bowl winner?
So the main blame for the SB loser should go to the owner....even if the QB throws 3 picks and the coach flubs up the whole game?

Nonsense.

If Jerry had all of the Chiefs coaches and Chiefs players, Mahomes would still be Mahomes and Reid would still be Reid.

I've never been in the camp wanted Jerry to be GM--even if he is only GM in name these days. So he gets some blame.
But in all team sports, the blame STARTS with the players and coaches
the cowboys have to many weak minded and soft players and coaches

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I think things like considering the players not tough-minded is just a product of the team not winning. It's like the leadership thing. We don't get past the first round of the playoffs and fans talk about the team not having any leaders. Apparently, you are only tough-minded or have leadership if you win.

Those "blame games" IMO just deflect from the real problem, which is this front office. Again, I think 28 years of not making an NFC Championship Game, and not being able to do it without Jimmy or at least the team Jimmy built, is clear evidence.

The thing is the Jones' ownership/GM model was fine when it started out because Jimmy essentially guided the front office. Jerry deserves credit for being willing to do what it takes, but he needed Jimmy to point his eagerness in the right direction. I think McClay does as good as he can to do the same thing, but Jimmy could convince Jerry of what was best and I don't think McClay, McCarthy or anyone else has been given that kind of power. Closest we came was Parcells.