Some of you all are missing the bigger picture

ICP

Reaction score
Sorry, I really appreciate your point and the hopefulness but all I hear is blah, blah, blah, we lost a key game again.

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
It's really easy to get frustrated, I know I am. But this game showed me that we can compete with a contender on the road. We just need to clean up a few things. When you have a chance to win you just can't have a false start and a delay of game penalty on what could have been the game-winning drive. Sometimes the ball just doesn't bounce your way.

If it did then maybe we recover a fumble or two. I was a little surprised at the lack of pressure, thought our defensive line would have played better. We had a gutsy performance by our quarterback, and he didn't give the ball away. Losing the game was disappointing, but the season isn't over, there are some things we can build on.

pitt33

Reaction score
Nah the only picture here is that this team had a chance to score a major road win and like most of the previous Cowboys teams the lsat decade or so, the team made stupid mistakes that cost us. Frankly, they played stupidly all game in a very winnable game and it cost us.

That's the big picture here. That the team blew an important winnable game and that's pretty much been par for the course with this franchise. Just frustrating that this team simply can't seem to get over the hump in moments/games like this.
I’m numb to it.

Even on the final drive you just knew they would botch it.

Coaches and players alike.

The outcome is all too familiar.

RS12

Reaction score
The bigger picture in the words of the Talking Heads: Same as it ever was.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
-we were about a foot and a half away from winning this game at their turf, a place they are 16-1 at with Hurts

-3 fumbles went there way. That NEVER happens

-Dak is playing his best ball in 2 years

-Lamb is turning not into a great WR, an elite wr

-this offense is cooking

-look at our schedule coming up and look at the eagles schedule. The home game will determine the division

The eagles won this one. I’d like to think we owe them one….maybe two more this year
I feel as good or better about the Cowboys compared to how I felt before the game. They looked like a legitimate team out there tonight. If one or two plays go their way, we are having a different conversation here after a W.

Dallas will beat Philly at AT&T in a couple weeks and still has everything in front of them that they want to accomplish this season.

Bagman

Reaction score
What's ridiculous is the last 27 years. Now that's really ridiculous. But go ahead. We'll save this post and see how it ends for the 28th straight year..... :facepalm: I hope your faith comes to be proven right but I had this same faith for 27 years. Took me 27 years and I finally see the light. Oh. They'll beat up on weaker teams. But when it comes to better teams. We'll always be out coached. Out played. Out thought. And out heart. I have 27 years of example. What do you have???? Just asking..
Just asking....how many guys on the team right now, played for Dallas 27 years ago ? What do any of them have to do with 27 years of history? This current team has a body of work of 3-4 years, collectively. They've been pretty damn good over that period of time. They have 30 wins and counting over the last 2.5 years. Don't act like they're the Browns or Jets.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Just asking....how many guys on the team right now, played for Dallas 27 years ago ? What do any of them have to do with 27 years of history? This current team has a body of work of 3-4 years, collectively. They've been pretty damn good over that period of time. They have 30 wins and counting over the last 2.5 years. Don't act like they're the Browns or Jets.
How many playoff wins. How many trips to a Championship. Much less a Super Bowl. What ties in with the 27 years??? They doing no better. But if you into mediocrity. Go for it.....P.S. by the way... The Browns or Jets wouldn't be happy with these last 3 years either....per their team

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
-we were about a foot and a half away from winning this game at their turf, a place they are 16-1 at with Hurts

-this offense is cooking

-look at our schedule coming up and look at the eagles schedule. The home game will determine the division

The eagles won this one. I’d like to think we owe them one….maybe two more this year
Yes but I feel like Dallas played perfect and out of their minds and for huge games out of their guys, they wasn’t even phillys best showing

Blitzen

Reaction score

-this offense is cooking

I think the Cowboys are just a really good team. I actually think that is by design. Build a team that can beat the bottom 25-26 teams the majority of the time. Nothing more and then run it back infinitely. Aim for the middle and stay away from the rocks and the stars.

The NFC looks very weak, and it’s possible the team advances far in the postseason as a result. Dallas should feel very fortunate they do not reside in a division like the AFC North or a conference like the AFC. Philly does have a very good offense, but the defense is unstable. SF suffers just a couple key injuries and look like a completely different team. Detroit looks up and down.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
The singular loss doesn’t bother me as much as it does most. I wouldn’t be surprised if we are tied next time we meet.

What does bother me is that this was a “Cowboy loss” in every sense of the word. We find unique and interesting ways to blow games against good teams that we should seemingly win.

A QB bungle here, a coaching blunder there, mixed in with some missed extra points, poor situational awareness or mind-numbingly bizarre plays that lead to defeat.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score

-this offense is cooking

And if we have to play this team on the road in the playoffs, you’re probably leaving Philly tonight with some confidence. Completely different than the SF game and aftermath.

snadler

Reaction score
When i read posts like this it’s like the parents from charlie brown speaking, wah wah wah wah. Here’s why, this franchise for 30 plus years loses this game. And guess what? They will lose it again, whether it be week 12, wild card game, divisional round etc. They always lose this big game. If the boys had a recent history of taking these kinds of losses and actually turning them into a super bowl run, then this posts would make sense, BUT there has literally been NOTHiNG for the past 30 years that says the boys will take this kind of loss and then leads to PLAYOFF success, what it does do is have the boys have to win 3 straight road games to make it to the SB. Considering they never win big games on the road, this post is as awful as MM is as coach

wssaustin

Reaction score

-this offense is cooking

The bigger picture has been there for 28 years. Every year the big picture is there, every year is a "Process".

Big D

Reaction score

-this offense is cooking

I hear you but I don't like depending on other teams having to have to lose to determine our fate.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score

-this offense is cooking

I'm not as upset about this game as some. Still doesn't dispel the notion that Dak can win the big game or alleviate the concerns that this team will kick it up a notch and play playoff football when that time comes. I got us beating the eagles on the rematch.

lukemartin79

Reaction score

-this offense is cooking

Yes, we all found out that not only can we play with them - but we can beat them. Ive never seen 3 fumbles all recovered by the fumbling team before either. If just one of those goes the Cowboys way in such a close game that can be all the difference.