Some of you need to calm down and take a deep breath

Bizwah

Reaction score
The cowboys are losing games for the same reasons and in the usual way they always lose games. The Chiefs are not a team that should frustrate a playoff team. Room has clearly regressed, mentally and physically. We are in for a long season.

You haven't seen the Chiefs much. They were never a terrible team. The defense is great. The had a lot of close calls last year. The offense is much improved. They are a playoff team this season.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
8-8.

I didn't believe it before the season, but that's what this team is.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
The Rams have a better defense than the Chiefs and more play makers on offense. The Chargers have looked surprisingly good this season. The Broncos will destroy us. We can easily start the season 3-2 or 2-3. We did this last year. Beat the Giants opening game. People starting posting threads saying we can go 5-0, then we get annihilated by the Seahawks and I think we started 2-3.

Falcon554

Reaction score
I love how everyone is blaming Romo, Mo, Demarco. HOW BOUT BLAMING DEZ FOR DROPPING A SURE TD OR AT LEAST A LONG GAIN? I know everyone loves Dez including me but he deserves some blame.
I'm sorry his is the offence, only one who makes plays

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
You let Alex Smith beat you. That doesn't concern you? The fact that Murray is an average RB doesn't concern you? The fact that our offense looks terrible with their 2-3 yard pass patterns doesn't concern you? The fact that 5 straight passes Romo looked like a rookie QB doesn't concern you? The fact that the HC doesn't throw the challenge flag doesn't concern you? How about knowing you are down by 4 on their side of the field and you don't go for it on 4th down doesn't concern you? Bad coaching bad play design and QBing and an average RB will lose you games in the NFL. Sorry but that's concerning. Your defense holds and offense to 17 points and you can only muster 16? That's a concern.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
If we lose to KC no doubt we have a big chance of losing to the Rams

If you can't beat KC you shouldn't be in the playoffs

You are what your record says you are. The Chiefs are 2-0 and are coached by Cowboy killer Andy Reid. Their defense is legit and they have a great home crowd.

Fact is if you've been watching football for longer than five minutes you should know you don't base a team's worth on their record the year before.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
This board always overreacts, but so do other fans of other teams.

The only thing that frustrates me is it's the same old with this team: still can't run the ball; still can't score TDs in the red zone. The latter is most likely a result of the former.

Lazyking

Reaction score
8-8.

I didn't believe it before the season, but that's what this team is.

Yup. The o-line pass protection has improved.. that's about it in my eyes.. Defense you could say is better but it's not like Ryan's defense was awful. We have the same offensive core and they look like **** most drives.

IAmLegend

Reaction score
I agree that fans overreact to losses, but this is more about the Cowboys inability to improve as a football team on the things we struggled with last year, i.e. play calling and running the ball. And Romo looked pretty bad for much of the game. It's just looks like the same team. But, it's early in the season, hopefully they can continue to improve and then get hot at the end of the season and make the playoffs cause that's really all that matters.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
:) some of you homers need to take a breath and see that this sort of thing, losing on the road, to AFC, other team losing, etc. is completely irrelevant. What's important is the team is once again no where near good enough to challenge for a super bowl. Not even close.

The real question is how long? How long is everyone going to sit here and think "one more year for Garrett", "one more player for Romo", "one new coach" whatever is going to do the trick?

We don't suffer from any of the above, really. The real issue sits in a luxury suite every week. As long as he's running the show, the Cowboys aren't good enough, haven't been good enough, and won't be in the future.

TheCowboy

Reaction score
You are what your record says you are. The Chiefs are 2-0 and are coached by Cowboy killer Andy Reid. Their defense is legit and they have a great home crowd.

Fact is if you've been watching football for longer than five minutes you should know you don't base a team's worth on their record the year before.

OK, yeah now we can say the Chiefs are better than last year. Basing it off one game before this one was a little premature IMO

Bizwah

Reaction score
:) some of you homers need to take a breath and see that this sort of thing, losing on the road, to AFC, other team losing, etc. is completely irrelevant. What's important is the team is once again no where near good enough to challenge for a super bowl. Not even close.

The real question is how long? How long is everyone going to sit here and think "one more year for Garrett", "one more player for Romo", "one new coach" whatever is going to do the trick?

We don't suffer from any of the above, really. The real issue sits in a luxury suite every week. As long as he's running the show, the Cowboys aren't good enough, haven't been good enough, and won't be in the future.

I guess some of us just like to see the season play out before making assumptions.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score

You can stop being a fan anytime you want.

The Texans are good now it seems. Us "homers" won't miss you.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
KC has a legit D. They are going to make it tough on every offense they see

If the Cowboys are going to be a playoff team they have to beat teams that have a legit D. They're going to have to beat better teams than KC and defend better QB's than Alex Smith if they're ever going to turn the corner and become a consistent team.

cannonball44

Stephen Peterman's Campaign Manager
Reaction score
The cowboys are losing games for the same reasons and in the usual way they always lose games. The Chiefs are not a team that should frustrate a playoff team. Room has clearly regressed, mentally and physically. We are in for a long season.

I believe this is the sobering truth.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
The sign of a good team is taking advantage of opportunities. Even good teams get outplayed, but they end up winning games they had no business winning because they take advantage of the other team's mistake.

The Chiefs made so many dumb mistakes that kept us in the game and we didn't take advantage. They had way too many costly penalties and false starts. We got so lucky on some of the calls and no-calls today. The refs almost gift wrapped us a win. Also, our defense kept us in the game and gave us so many chances.

My point is, good teams lose games when they get outplayed and the other team doesn't shoot themselves in the foot. Good teams win games they should've lost when the other team shoots themselves in the foot. Good teams win games when their defense keeps them in the game and keeps giving them chances. Good teams win games when the refs give them so many favorable calls.