Some Of You Will Disagree...

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Avery said:
I just read all 14 pages of this thread.

What were we talking about again?
It sort of depends on which page you read. There's a lot of mania here. It's not all my fault, but you could start the finger pointing at me.

I'll deny at culpability but it's a place to start.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile said:
A couple of years ago the Cardinals had an O-line that consisted of 5 guys all drafted round 2 and higher. You'd think they would be dominant. Not so at all. In fact they were a huge disappointment. A couple are still on the team and starting but have under achieved.

Our best O-line ever was a patchwork group of guys including a converted DT at LT, and an undrafted LG.

I'd look for a better O-line coach (Sparano hasn't impressed me) first before giving up on our starting 5. If giving up on any of the starting 5 I'd look to FA first.

The potential to improve is already there. I can't say the same at ILB or FS and if Glover is 86ed I can't say it for the interior of the DL either.

I agree 100%. How many 1st rounders on Denver's OL? Coaching, coaching, coaching...

I firmly believe that with a good offseason that Petitti can give us more than any of the first round tackles that go in round 1. Outside of QB, I don't think there is a more difficult learning curve in the NFL than offensive tackle.

And in a lot of ways I'm as disappointed in our linebackers as I am our O-line. Not with all of them of course. But Shanle, even as huge as he is :rolleyes: and Fujita to a lesser degree haven't impressed me.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Hostile said:
It sort of depends on which page you read. There's a lot of mania here. It's not all my fault, but you could start the finger pointing at me.

I'll deny at culpability but it's a place to start.

I would point a finger but it seems to have been dislocated with all the mouse clicking. Perhaps it's just arthritis, carpal tunnel, the plague, I don't know, I'm not Eskimo.

Now I know what CBZ feels like.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Apparently by a farm animal.

Image11.jpg

Avery

Reaction score
Oh right, the draft.

Depends on who's available where. Do you pass up a top flight OT for a second-rate FS? Probably not.

Personally, I feel that it's time we get a ballhawking FS and let the playmakers (Ware, RW) roam. Turn them loose, create havoc. That's something Bill has been tentative to do.

We need to ditch the conservatism and let it all hang out.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Avery said:
Oh right, the draft.

Depends on who's available where. Do you pass up a top flight OT for a second-rate FS? Probably not.

Personally, I feel that it's time we get a ballhawking FS and let the playmakers (Ware, RW) roam. Turn them loose, create havoc. That's something Bill has been tentative to do.

We need to ditch the conservatism and let it all hang out.
If Haloti Ngata is there when we pick and they don't jump all over it I will personally need you to bail me out of jail for whipping some Fish's arse.

Avery

Reaction score
Hostile said:
If Haloti Ngata is there when we pick and they don't jump all over it I will personally need you to bail me out of jail for whipping some Fish's arse.

It will probably be a moot point - Ngati is one of those guys who is only going to have their draft status elevated as the deadline nears. His triangle numbers and interviews will guarantee him top 10. He may even break top 5; 6'5", 340 lb. DT's with 4.8 speed don't grow on trees.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Avery said:
It will probably be a moot point - Ngati is one of those guys who is only going to have their draft status elevated as the deadline nears. His triangle numbers and interviews will guarantee him top 10. He may even break top 5; 6'5", 340 lb. DT's with 4.8 speed don't grow on trees.
I know that. I'm betting he does at least 35 reps on the bench too. His stock will soar.

Avery

Reaction score
Personally, a couple of guys I like in the 20's is your boy Laron from LSU and Huff from the Horns. Both are going to be great FS in this league.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Avery said:
Personally, a couple of guys I like in the 20's is your boy Laron from LSU and Huff from the Horns. Both are going to be great FS in this league.
Now you're talking my langauge.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
The defensive guys I would really love to get are Hawk, Nhagti, or Huff. Landry just doesnt do it for me, Huff seems like the more sure fire pick

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Hostile said:
I know that. I'm betting he does at least 35 reps on the bench too. His stock will soar.
Trade Ellis and your number 1 to move up and get him, he's a monster and you won't lose a draft pick. He won't be here anyways.

Think of it like this, you're getting Ngata for Ellis.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Hostile said:
You know I'm going to baptize you to the Defense don't you Mike?

Yes sir

You know you are probably right but hey....there is no wall around...so I need to argue with someone :D .

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
Yes sir

You know you are probably right but hey....there is no wall around...so I need to argue with someone :D .
Beats looking at a 2006 roster filled with agendas.

:wink2:

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Beats looking at a 2006 roster filled with agendas.

:wink2:

Hahahahahahaha

I was surprised you, DBair or BlindZebra hadnt raided that sucker yet.

Nors is cool though. Every thread he starts ends up being 19 pages long and keeps things popping around here.

- Mike G.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Some Of You Will Disagree...

...but on Day 1 of the 2006 Draft I'd go Defense heavy again unless there is an unbelievable talent there.

I don't necessarily disagree. I say we take the best player available. If it's a WR, draft the WR. If it's a tackle, take the tackle. If it's a LB, take the LB. If there is not "clear cut" BPA (between, say, 3 or 4 players) at our slot then take the one we need most.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
Hahahahahahaha

I was surprised you, DBair or BlindZebra hadnt raided that sucker yet.

Nors is cool though. Every thread he starts ends up being 19 pages long and keeps things popping around here.

- Mike G.
It wasn't worthy of a response.