Some Of You Will Disagree...

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
Seriously though...

Let's just say Nors is right.

What would think about the Roster he put together?
I didn't look at it close enough to give an opinion. I looked for 2 things. Is Law on it, is Henson gone. Not worth the effort beyond verifying those 2 things.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BrAinPaiNt said:
I guess it all depends on the FA's we bring in or let go before the draft.

Simple as that. I don't know how anyone can predict what we do in the first round until FA has passed.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Has he ever played a 3-4 before? I don't think so.

I question his motivation and attitude as well.

Not only that he is represented by the Postons. That exlcudes him right there in the eyes of Valley Ranch.
I think he did at maryland. I'm not sure. But, his physical atrributes translate to a perfect LOLB in the 3-4.

If BP thinks it will work, then pull the trigger.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Even if a 1st round OT is a little lacking in some strength areas, and Rob had a great turn around in the offseason.

I somehow doubt that if the 1st round pick is anywhere close to being as good as his draft status...he would be worse off.
IMO, we can't get away without getting a ROT or LOT (and move adams) this season. Maybe tucker and rob can be good backups, but to give them another chance without doing anything with the position would be suicide.

ghst187

Reaction score
I think we HAVE to get LeCharles Bentley in at Center. Bentley is the missing link, esp when Flo comes back.
After watching JJ go in the last game, i think we may need to resign Gurode also.
I think we should strongly consider Chaveous at FS also. A kicker would be nice too but at this point i have no doubt it will a top FA priority, however i don't expect Vinateri to end up in Dallas.
I think we have to go BPA in the draft with the few parameters of relative need positions: WR, LB, S, OL, K...(the guy from Colorado is the best one in college)
Here's may DC draft board based on value, where we'll likely be selecting, and realism...in order of how we should draft in the first round:
1) WR Santonio Holmes: He can be a gamebreaker, can return kicks in a big way, can stretch the defense at WR, runs excellent routes, and has great hands. I think he will be an impact player somewhere.
2) LB Bobby Carpenter: beautiful fit at our ILB position, great player
3) OT McNeil: Too good a player to pass up, instant starter, instant depth at OL, all of a sudden we're huge AND deep on the OL
4) DE/LB Dumervil: same mold as Ware, hybrid DE/LB that can get after the QB.
5) S Laron Landry: flat out playmaker, best S I saw all season.
There'll be some more names come out but that's how I see it right now.

Overrated/underrated:
1) Over: DT Ngata
2) Under: RB Maroney
3) Over: Vince Young
4) Under: DeAngelo Williams