Some people need to stop this Troy wasn't elite take

Chasing6

Reaction score
Nah, that can't be. I've been told that Emmitt isn't even top 10 and benefited from the team around him, just like Aikman. Emmitt couldn't possibly have helped.

It's a mystery how those 90s Cowboys teams were so darn good because everyone benefitted from the team around them so nobody can take any credit. It was a miracle! Worst talented team to ever win 3 SBs in 4 years.

Some say it was all the Greatest Oline EVAR, but they didn't play defense, nor did any of them from the first two SBs make it to the HoF.

It's just this unsolvable enigma as to why this team won so much with crappy, inferior to Romo era players who won jack crap.
Your point is laughable. It proves exactly what I have been saying. Romo did not have that support around him.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Nah, that can't be. I've been told that Emmitt isn't even top 10 and benefited from the team around him, just like Aikman. Emmitt couldn't possibly have helped.

It's a mystery how those 90s Cowboys teams were so darn good because everyone benefitted from the team around them so nobody can take any credit. It was a miracle! Worst talented team to ever win 3 SBs in 4 years.

Some say it was all the Greatest Oline EVAR, but they didn't play defense, nor did any of them from the first two SBs make it to the HoF.

It's just this unsolvable enigma as to why this team won so much with crappy, inferior to Romo era players who won jack crap.
Troy had 23 touchdowns and 17 interceptions in 16 games in the playoffs in his career. Those are not elite numbers.

Kalyan

Reaction score
Nope but according to the post I was responding to super bowl rings is what measures QB greatness.
Yes, in Dallas atleast. I never saw Danny White play but heard he is pretty goid like Romo, only lacking SB wins. Do you like to find an exception to a statement and feel like you won an argument? Yes there are beliw avg SN winning QBs and I can’t put all these caveats in fine print for each post

Kalyan

Reaction score
Romo or Dak did not play teams as loaded as the teams Aikman and the Cowboys played too. Or in a stacked NFC East division from 1990-1994.

Dak is out there struggling against Purdy, Deebo, and McCaffrey while Aikman played against Young (NFL’s MVP 1994 season), Rice, and Deion (1994 season).

The 1990s Cowboys never had 13 pro bowlers on a team like the 2007 Cowboys.

And how many went to HOF from that great wall that Aikman benefited from? Right?

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
And how many went to HOF from that great wall that Aikman benefited from? Right?
Larry Allen, although he was a little late to the party.

Listen to Nate...

Leave it to Nate Newton, the Dallas Cowboys' 330-pound chatterbox, to define Emmitt Smith's impact on the team.

"Before Emmitt came, I was just a normal fat guy," the left guard said. "Now I'm a fat guy who goes to the Pro Bowl."

Nav22

Reaction score
When he wins something of importance then you can talk all you want you schmuck lol
Um, I didn't talk any trash. I stated facts.

Dak is literally #2 in NFL MVP odds, whether you like it or not. He's been outstanding this year, whether you like it or not.

Again, I'm sorry that those facts apparently hurt your tiny little feelings.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

CCBoy

Reaction score
Um, I didn't talk any trash. I stated facts.

Dak is literally #2 in NFL MVP odds, whether you like it or not. He's been outstanding this year, whether you like it or not.

Again, I'm sorry that those facts apparently hurt your tiny little feelings.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
He must work for EBAY....think? Or Fox and having to give back Emmies from made up name sources. Ever flown on choppers? I was a door gunner once...

CCBoy

Reaction score
He must work for EBAY....think? Or Fox and having to give back Emmies from made up name sources. Ever flown on choppers? I was a door gunner once...
ESPN...received the kick in the shin.

Kalyan

Reaction score
Larry Allen, although he was a little late to the party.

Listen to Nate...

Leave it to Nate Newton, the Dallas Cowboys' 330-pound chatterbox, to define Emmitt Smith's impact on the team.

"Before Emmitt came, I was just a normal fat guy," the left guard said. "Now I'm a fat guy who goes to the Pro Bowl."
Yes, but Allen was not in 91-93 teams and some people here are making the great wall look like it is made up 5 HOFers that made Aikman and Smith

erod

Reaction score
I'm not a youngster, and yes, Aikman was a really good quarterback. He also had some limitations.

He was on a perfect team. The best in Cowboys history. He didn't have to carry the team because it was a machine, but he knew how to get the ball where it needed to be on time.

In fact, truth be told, Romo was better, and even Troy has said so. In terms of play-making ability and the ability to dissect defenses before the snap, the edge went to Romo. Both were accurate and could spin it.

Aikman had teams that were dominant at everything. Literally everything.

So many good quarterbacks in those days: Young, Farve, Kelly, Moon, Elway, Marino, Cunningham, Bledsoe, Brunell, Esiason, Kosar, Chandler..... even the backups were good back then.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Troy career QB rating 81.6. Tony career QB rating 97.1. Who had the better line? Who had the better running game? Who had the better defense?

I will give you a clue. 1 of them had all 3.
Troy didn't play for stats. He threw the ball away when the play wasn't there and he used his accuracy to give the receiver a chance even when the odds of success were low.

Plus he played in much more physical era. Plays were harder to make. No current QB wants to go back & play in those conditions. Troy would love to be able to play his career now.

You put them on the same field and both of them get it done. Somewhat different styles for sure but I'm confident the numbers would be very similar.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Really need to stop trying to compare across different eras of football. People talking about how he was on great teams...yeah, before the salary cap and FA, it was almost always the same teams in the playoffs and they were all loaded top to bottom. They were all great teams. Any one of those playoff teams from my memory of the 80s through mid 90s, allowed to play within the rules of that era would annihilate any team of the past 15-20 years (maybe not the strike season).

You have to factor in all of the league rule changes that have completely changed the way the game is played. Defenses destroyed WRs and QBs. Today you can't target a WR, can't hit a defenseless receiver, defensive holding? (lol). Can't hit the QB high, low, .5 sec after the ball is out of their hands. They used to take 2-3 running steps and blow the qb up after he threw and there was no looking around for a flag because they were unconscious.

Ken

Reaction score
Romo or Dak did not play teams as loaded as the teams Aikman and the Cowboys played too. Or in a stacked NFC East division from 1990-1994.

Dak is out there struggling against Purdy, Deebo, and McCaffrey while Aikman played against Young (NFL’s MVP 1994 season), Rice, and Deion (1994 season).

The 1990s Cowboys never had 13 pro bowlers on a team like the 2007 Cowboys.

I would just say that Romo had Jason Garrett and so did Dak for most of their careers.

I don't think we should have to say anything more lol

kskboys

Reaction score
Really need to stop trying to compare across different eras of football. People talking about how he was on great teams...yeah, before the salary cap and FA, it was almost always the same teams in the playoffs and they were all loaded top to bottom. They were all great teams. Any one of those playoff teams from my memory of the 80s through mid 90s, allowed to play within the rules of that era would annihilate any team of the past 15-20 years (maybe not the strike season).

You have to factor in all of the league rule changes that have completely changed the way the game is played. Defenses destroyed WRs and QBs. Today you can't target a WR, can't hit a defenseless receiver, defensive holding? (lol). Can't hit the QB high, low, .5 sec after the ball is out of their hands. They used to take 2-3 running steps and blow the qb up after he threw and there was no looking around for a flag because they were unconscious.
The 92 Cowboys would absolutely annihilate any team today, no exceptions. Amazing how some underrate that team. Might be the best of all time.