Some people need to stop this Troy wasn't elite take

Chasing6

Reaction score
Troy didn't play for stats. He threw the ball away when the play wasn't there and he used his accuracy to give the receiver a chance even when the odds of success were low.

Plus he played in much more physical era. Plays were harder to make. No current QB wants to go back & play in those conditions. Troy would love to be able to play his career now.

You put them on the same field and both of them get it done. Somewhat different styles for sure but I'm confident the numbers would be very similar.
Troy did not have to play for stats. He had a team around him. So your telling me Romo and Dak play for stats and do t want to win a SB?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Troy didn't play for stats. He threw the ball away when the play wasn't there and he used his accuracy to give the receiver a chance even when the odds of success were low.

Plus he played in much more physical era. Plays were harder to make. No current QB wants to go back & play in those conditions. Troy would love to be able to play his career now.

You put them on the same field and both of them get it done. Somewhat different styles for sure but I'm confident the numbers would be very similar.
:facepalm:

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Troy did not have to play for stats. He had a team around him. So your telling me Romo and Dak play for stats and do t want to win a SB?
I'm saying he was more willing to accept the play wasn't there and he wasn't going to run much so the throws I described that were incomplete hurt his numbers.

Chasing6

Reaction score
“Troy Aikman had a passer rating of 106.3 with 2,915 yards, 21 touchdowns and 8 interceptions in 11 games in the playoffs between the 1992 and 1995 seasons.”

10 wins. 1 loss. 3 SBs. 1 SB MVP.
If you include his entire playoff career, his numbers are not impressive.

Legend

Reaction score
Troy did not have to play for stats. He had a team around him. So you’re telling me Romo and Dak play for stats and do t want to win a SB?
The only stats that matter are the games and championships you win.

Favre, Young, and Kelly probably have better regular season stats than Aikman.

Yet Aikman defeated Favre 3x, Young 2x, and Kelly 2x in the playoffs.

Stats do not measure heart, mental fortitude, and the ability to overcome adversity.

lopey

Reaction score
Um, I didn't talk any trash. I stated facts.

Dak is literally #2 in NFL MVP odds, whether you like it or not. He's been outstanding this year, whether you like it or not.

Again, I'm sorry that those facts apparently hurt your tiny little feelings.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
He has won nothing. Fact.

lopey

Reaction score
73-41 career record with the same number of playoff wins as Romo.

You're in shambles.
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:
Why you now bringing Romo in conversation. We where talking Dak and Aikman. Nice try on the goal post moving. Until dak wins a NFCCG he is JAG.

amame25

Reaction score
Yes, in Dallas atleast. I never saw Danny White play but heard he is pretty goid like Romo, only lacking SB wins. Do you like to find an exception to a statement and feel like you won an argument? Yes there are beliw avg SN winning QBs and I can’t put all these caveats in fine print for each post
I like to point out the idiocy in claiming that what makes a qb great can only be superbowls when football is a team sport. I guess Dan Marino is pretty lame in your eyes too.

Nav22

Reaction score
Why you now bringing Romo in conversation. We where talking Dak and Aikman. Nice try on the goal post moving. Until dak wins a NFCCG he is JAG.
Nobody compared Dak to Troy.

I grew up idolizing the Triplets and I still love Troy. I'm not a weirdo like you who dislikes my favorite team's QB.

Oh, and there's no such thing as an All-Pro JAG. You're in shambles.
:laugh:

Chasing6

Reaction score
The only stats that matter are the games and championships you win.

Favre, Young, and Kelly probably have better regular season stats than Aikman.

Yet Aikman defeated Favre 3x, Young 2x, and Kelly 2x in the playoffs.

Stats do not measure heart, mental fortitude, and the ability to overcome adversity.

Dallas defeated GB, SF, and Buffalo. Not Troy Aikman.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Dallas defeated GB, SF, and Buffalo. Not Troy Aikman.

Many Cowboys fans believe we had in the 90's one of the best, if not the greatest team ever assembled in the history of the NFL.(including coaching)

Did we have that on a Romo team? Have we had that in Dak's career so far?

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
To say he wasn’t an elite QB is saying you didn’t see him play. I would take him over any QB in Cowboys history with the possible exception of Staubach…I’d have to give that one more thought.
Aikman’s nickname around the NFL was ‘Robo-QB’ because he was almost automatic on short to intermediate routes. Aikman threw laser beam passes and the ball was usually out of his hand before his targeted receiver had even made their break. Aikman was among the most efficient passers that ever played and, at the time his retirement, had the highest winning percentage of any QB in ANY decade.