Some people need to stop this Troy wasn't elite take

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Agreed
A lot of those guys were already there on the declining Cowboy teams.

Jimmy and the Triplets show up and all of a sudden our o line is dominating

I'm not saying those guys weren't good but that team went a lot deeper than their O line for sure.

You're on point here.
The Great Wall of Dallas was so good because of the Oline coach. Very simple to understand.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Played his best football in the playoffs as well.
Troy Aikman had a passer rating of 88.3 with 3,849 yards, 63.7 completion %, 23 touchdowns and 17 interceptions in 16 games in the playoffs in his career.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Troy Aikman had a passer rating of 88.3 with 3,849 yards, 63.7 completion %, 23 touchdowns and 17 interceptions in 16 games in the playoffs in his career.
I am not knocking Troy. He just never had to carry the team like Romo. So the haters are correct. Romo was not good enough to overcome all of the team's deficiency's to win a SB.

This does not even factor in Coaching.

Jimmy Johnson vs Jason Garrett.

Come on be realistic.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
I am not knocking Troy. He just never had to carry the team like Romo. So the haters are correct. Romo was not good enough to overcome all of the team's deficiency's to win a SB.
That's facts. People forget the amount of talent we had around Troy Aikman. HOF talent. And probably the best offensive line ever created or at least top 5.

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score

This does not even factor in Coaching.

Jimmy Johnson vs Jason Garrett.

Come on be realistic.
What about Jason Garret vs Barry Switzer?

Legend

Reaction score
“Troy Aikman had a passer rating of 106.3 with 2,915 yards, 21 touchdowns and 8 interceptions in 11 games in the playoffs between the 1992 and 1995 seasons.”

10 wins. 1 loss. 3 SBs. 1 SB MVP.

Chasing6

Reaction score
“Troy Aikman had a passer rating of 106.3 with 2,915 yards, 21 touchdowns and 8 interceptions in 11 games in the playoffs between the 1992 and 1995 seasons.”

10 wins. 1 loss. 3 SBs. 1 SB MVP.
Will teams were focused on and trying to stop Emmitt Smith. Just under 350 total yards in 3 games. 96.3 yards per game with a 4.1 average and 5 TD's - including a SB MVP.

Also can't forget Larry Brown.

Legend

Reaction score
That's facts. People forget the amount of talent we had around Troy Aikman. HOF talent. And probably the best offensive line ever created or at least top 5.
Aikman and the Cowboys started at the bottom and worked their way to the top… to have Jerry Jones pull the rug from under them; resulting in a steep decline back towards the bottom.

This trailer sums this up.

Legend

Reaction score
Will teams were focused on and trying to stop Emmitt Smith.
Balanced attack.

Jimmy stated opposing D had two choices.

To die slow with the run if they tried to stop the pass.

Or to die fast with the pass if they tried to stop the run.

Typically, the Cowboys used the pass to get the lead and then ball control with Emmitt and the power run game.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Balanced attack.

Jimmy stated opposing D had two choices.

To die slow with the run if they tried to stop the pass.

Or to die fast with the pass if they tried to stop the run.

Typically, the Cowboys used the pass to get the lead and then ball control with Emmitt and the power run game.

Well Dak does not have that option. However the Niners have that option.

Legend

Reaction score
Well Dak does not have that option. However the Niners have that option.
That is why the Cowboys have not won anything in 28 or so years.

They have not been dominant on the LOS on offense and defense.

I.e., ability to have a potent passing and rushing attack.

And ability to stop the run + the pass on D.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
The "Troy isn't good" thing goes back to the 90's. There was also a lot of "Emmitt is a product of his line and he has nothing on Sanders or Thomas" that I got thrown in my face until Super Bowl XXVII, and a few holdouts till XXVIII.

I was always amused by how much I was ragged on for being a Cowboys fan in the early 90's by those that kept on about how the Cowboys hadn't won anything in forever, and we lost 3 Championships in a row, and we'd keep doing the same thing over and over, choking. I was in High School, out f Dallas for just a few years and even my Science teacher at the time kept telling me "You all will do ok in the regular season but you can't get past 'Washington' or the Eagles, you all won't get out of the playoffs".

A few years later the same people that were hammering me about Troy sucking and Emmitt being average were wearing Cowboys jerseys and saying they knew all along.
If we listened to the haters, we’d conclude the 90s Cowboys were just a collection of mediocrity.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
You know who you are. Troy Aikman was a legendary quarterback and he was one of the best! Enough of this bull. You youngsters have no idea what you missed with that man. He was a true Cowboy and the recent attack on his reputation is asinine. Sit down and go watch some of his highlights and how clutch he was in the postseason. Do it and your mind might be changed!
I think some people with no context look at stats and say wow he's not even top 30 in all-time passing yards. But the game is so different today and QBs don't have their WRs mugged all the time, or even get hit the same way. Dan Marino had an amazing career who looked like his passing records would be tough to match now he's 8th likely to be outside the top 10 after next year.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Who dare call out my boy Troy? Is it somebody on here Ilike, Cowboy? If Cowboy, gonna have an issue again, lol

mrmojo

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You know who you are. Troy Aikman was a legendary quarterback and he was one of the best! Enough of this bull. You youngsters have no idea what you missed with that man. He was a true Cowboy and the recent attack on his reputation is asinine. Sit down and go watch some of his highlights and how clutch he was in the postseason. Do it and your mind might be changed!
It's not just the youngsters....some who saw him play have the same idiotic take.