Some people need to stop this Troy wasn't elite take

morat1959

Reaction score
With Emmitt Smith eating up yards that’s pretty much what Troy Aikman was because that’s all he had to be. He only attempted 400 or more passes four times during his career, and never threw for more than 23 TDs, because he didn’t have to. He had an all-time great running game with an all-time great OL and great defenses. All he had to do was drive the bus and make plays when he had to.
Lol

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
If you really want to know how valuable Aikmen was and how much of a "bus driver" he was go watch the Barry Switzer documentary where Aikmen pretty much coached the team to a Super Bowl win. He drove that bus to a Super Bowl with no head coach.

GMO415

Reaction score
Most accurate passer. He was a true 1st over all pick QB. That's something you don't see anymore.

Ken

Reaction score
Who said Aikman wasn't elite?

Same clowns who tried to say Dak was a "bus driver" being carried by guys who aren't here anymore?
:laugh:
Ironically, lol, no. I have said that both Romo and Dak could have done or did even more with the team that Aikman had.

Just my opinion. I watched almost every game Aikman played, so don't say I don't know what I am talking about.

For instance....everyone calls Purdy a system QB and Aikman had better EVERYTHING than Purdy.

Make it make sense.

As soon as that deterioted around him, he and the Cowboys were terrible.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Aikman sacked 11 times in one game

Interesting. That was 1991. Some of those sacks were on the QB holding the ball too long. Just what audibles was the QB calling?

Line played a bad game. Is this an outlier?

Are you saying this game means the OL of 91-95 was no good?

Legend

Reaction score
Ironically, lol, no. I have said that both Romo and Dak could have done or did even more with the team that Aikman had.

Just my opinion. I watched almost every game Aikman played, so don't say I don't know what I am talking about.

For instance....everyone calls Purdy a system QB and Aikman had better EVERYTHING than Purdy.

Make it make sense.

As soon as that deterioted around him, he and the Cowboys were terrible.
What makes you believe Romo and Dak during the Cowboys 3 SBs in 4 years run could have top Aikman’s playoff performance?

10 wins 1 loss. 3 SBs. 1 SB MVP.

Passer rating of 106.3 with 2,915 yards, 21 touchdowns and 8 interceptions.

Passer rating of 111.9 in Super Bowls.

Ken

Reaction score
What makes you believe Romo and Dak during the Cowboys 3 SBs in 4 years run could have top Aikman’s playoff performance?

10 wins 1 loss. 3 SBs. 1 SB MVP.

Passer rating of 106.3 with 2,915 yards, 21 touchdowns and 8 interceptions.

Passer rating of 111.9 in Super Bowls.
Not sure they would top it but they could have done comparable, IMO.

Look, I hate having to say this because Aikman was a great QB. I loved him but the reality is he had everything and then some.

He threw a skinny post better than anyone and an Out better than anyone. He also fell apart if everything wasn't perfect.

I just don't think it is outlandish at all to say that Romo and Dak could have won with the same team.

Legend

Reaction score

Make it make sense.

As soon as that deterioted around him, he and the Cowboys were

His last 5 seasons tells you he was not elite
Why is that? He already won 3 SBs and 1 SB MVP during his prime run.

More SBs wins than other great QBs like both Manning’s, Favre, Young, Kelly, Marino, Elway, Brees, Rodgers, and etcetera…