Some people need to stop this Troy wasn't elite take

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
Not sure they would top it but they could have done comparable, IMO.

Look, I hate having to say this because Aikman was a great QB. I loved him but the reality is he had everything and then some.

He threw a skinny post better than anyone and an Out better than anyone. He also fell apart if everything wasn't perfect.

I just don't think it is outlandish at all to say that Romo and Dak could have won with the same team.
Maybe the 93 or 94 team but there is zero chance Dak or Romo wins with the 96 team and Barry Switzer as head coach

Reactions: Ken

Legend

Reaction score
Not sure they would top it but they could have done comparable, IMO.

Look, I hate having to say this because Aikman was a great QB. I loved him but the reality is he had everything and then some.

He threw a skinny post better than anyone and an Out better than anyone. He also fell apart if everything wasn't perfect.

I just don't think it is outlandish at all to say that Romo and Dak could have won with the same team.
Romo could not win a playoff game in 2007 when the Cowboys had a team record 13 pro bowlers.

Dak like Romo is 2-4 in the playoffs (although Dak could win two more playoff games this season). He could also go one and done.

Like Deion stated to Romo… you did not win anything?

Ken

Reaction score
Maybe the 93 or 94 team but there is zero chance Dak or Romo wins with the 96 team and Barry Switzer as head coach
I don't know. Both of Dak and Romo could make something out of nothing. Aikman got killed vs the Panthers because he was under pressure the whole time.

Those kind of games they are built for, he was not. Especially at that point in his career.

Legend

Reaction score
I don't know. Both of Dak and Romo could make something out of nothing. Aikman got killed vs the Panthers because he was under pressure the whole time.

Those kind of games they are built for, he was not. Especially at that point in his career.
Dak and Romo are 2-4 in the playoffs. Only Wild Card wins.

Aikman was 10-1 in his first 11 playoff starts. Non Wild Card games.

4 divisional playoff wins, 3 NFC Championship wins, and 3 SBs.

You are mentioning Aikman’s playoff performance during Aikman’s and the Cowboys massive decline post Jimmy Johnson.

amame25

Reaction score
I am one of those Cowboys fan who measure QB greatness with SB wins, so Aikman and Stauback will always be on a doing tier than Meridith and Romo…hoping Dak joins the former group, not the latter
So I'm assuming Trent Dilfer gets you all hot and bothered?

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
The "Troy isn't good" thing goes back to the 90's. There was also a lot of "Emmitt is a product of his line and he has nothing on Sanders or Thomas" that I got thrown in my face until Super Bowl XXVII, and a few holdouts till XXVIII.

I was always amused by how much I was ragged on for being a Cowboys fan in the early 90's by those that kept on about how the Cowboys hadn't won anything in forever, and we lost 3 Championships in a row, and we'd keep doing the same thing over and over, choking. I was in High School, out f Dallas for just a few years and even my Science teacher at the time kept telling me "You all will do ok in the regular season but you can't get past 'Washington' or the Eagles, you all won't get out of the playoffs".

A few years later the same people that were hammering me about Troy sucking and Emmitt being average were wearing Cowboys jerseys and saying they knew all along.

Ken

Reaction score
Dak and Romo are 2-4 in the playoffs. Only Wild Card wins.

Aikman was 10-1 in his first 11 playoff starts. Non Wild Card games.

4 divisional playoff wins, 3 NFC Championship wins, and 3 SBs.

You are mentioning Aikman’s playoff performance during Aikman’s and the Cowboys massive decline post Jimmy Johnson.

I am well aware.

My argument is neither Romo or Dak have had anything even close to the teams that Aikman had.

It is my opinion and not really something we can prove one way or another but it is fun to hypothesize about it.

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
Why is that? He already won 3 SBs and 1 SB MVP during his prime run.

More SBs wins than other great QBs like both Manning’s, Favre, Young, Kelly, Marino, Elway, Brees, Rodgers, and etcetera…
Because he played like trash

Chasing6

Reaction score
Troy was elite during the Super Bowl years (early-to-mid 90s), especially during the playoffs.

Before and after that? You won't like my answer. Careful, I've got the stats to back up my talk.
Troy career QB rating 81.6. Tony career QB rating 97.1. Who had the better line? Who had the better running game? Who had the better defense?

I will give you a clue. 1 of them had all 3.

Legend

Reaction score
I am well aware.

My argument is neither Romo or Dak have had anything even close to the teams that Aikman had.

It is my opinion and not really something we can prove one way or another but it is fun to hypothesize about it.
Romo or Dak did not play teams as loaded as the teams Aikman and the Cowboys played too. Or in a stacked NFC East division from 1990-1994.

Dak is out there struggling against Purdy, Deebo, and McCaffrey while Aikman played against Young (NFL’s MVP 1994 season), Rice, and Deion (1994 season).

The 1990s Cowboys never had 13 pro bowlers on a team like the 2007 Cowboys.

Legend

Reaction score
Troy career QB rating 81.6. Tony career QB rating 97.1. Who had the better line? Who had the better running game? Who had the better defense?

I will give you a clue. 1 of them had all 3.
Aikman’s career SB rating of 111.7. What was Romo’s?

Romo could only win two Wild Card playoff games for his entire career.

Aikman won more playoff games in his first year as a playoff starter. Won more SBs than Romo won playoff games.