Some people need to stop this Troy wasn't elite take

Chasing6

Reaction score
Aikman’s career SB rating of 111.7. What was Romo’s?

Romo could only win two Wild Card playoff games for his entire career.

Aikman won more playoff games in his first year as a playoff starter. Won more SBs than Romo won playoff games.
Your question proved my point. Tony did not have the supporting cast.

Troy had 6 years of throwing below 60% completion percentage. Guess how many Romo had? Zero.

Legend

Reaction score
All 7 of you who liked this must be in your 70s
I’m in my 40s and my kids, nieces, and nephews understand the Cowboys since the 90s dynasty have not accomplish anything… since in their young lives they have watched the Cowboys lose season after season.

Legend

Reaction score

Troy had 6 years of throwing below 60% completion percentage. Guess how many Romo had? Aikman won his first 10 out of 11 playoff starts. 3 SBs and 1 SB MVP.

Troy had 6 years of throwing below 60% completion percentage. Guess how many Romo had? Zero.
And has nothing to show for it.

Went one and done with a Cowboys record 13 pro bowlers.

You do not understand the different eras of football and how rule changes opened up offenses and are leading to inflated QB passing stats.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Aikman’s career SB rating of 111.7. What was Romo’s?

Romo could only win two Wild Card playoff games for his entire career.

Aikman won more playoff games in his first year as a playoff starter. Won more SBs than Romo won playoff games.
Troy average an impressive 230 yards per game in 3 Super Bowls.

The both were in the NFL for 12 years. Who had more TD passes? Who had more interceptions?

Legend

Reaction score
Troy average an impressive 230 yards per game in 3 Super Bowls.

The both were in the NFL for 12 years. Who had more TD passes? Who had more interceptions?
Who won more SBs?

“Patrick Mahomes has a passer rating of 79.7 with 738 yards, 5 touchdowns and 4 interceptions in 3 games in Super Bowls in his career.”

An impressive 246 yards per game in 3 SBs.

How many yards did Romo average?

Chasing6

Reaction score
And has nothing to show for it.

Went one and done with a Cowboys record 13 pro bowlers.

You do not understand the different eras of football and how rule changes opened up offenses and are leading to inflated QB passing stats.
In an interview with the Brownsville Herald, Aikman said he never played the quarterback position as well as Romo. “I think Tony already is a better quarterback than I was,” Aikman said.Mar 23, 2012

https://www.nbcsports.com › news

Legend

Reaction score
In an interview with the Brownsville Herald, Aikman said he never played the quarterback position as well as Romo. “I think Tony already is a better quarterback than I was,” Aikman said.Mar 23, 2012

https://www.nbcsports.com › news
That is called being modest. This is what some NFL legends really think of Romo.

There are reasons why Aikman is a HOFer and Romo will never be one.

Chasing6

Reaction score
That is called being modest. This is what some NFL legends really think of Romo.

There are reasons why Aikman is a HOFer and Romo will never be one.

Yes. His name is Emmitt Smith. You may have heard of him. The All Time Leading Rusher.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Troy career QB rating 81.6. Tony career QB rating 97.1. Who had the better line? Who had the better running game? Who had the better defense?

I will give you a clue. 1 of them had all 3.
Agreed 100%. Tell that to the OP and those complaining against those pulling up such factual stats you just showed.

Legend

Reaction score
Yes. His name is Emmitt Smith. You may have heard of him. The All Time Leading Rusher.
Yes. I heard of The Triplets. 3 HOFers inducted into the Cowboys Ring of Honor during I believe the Cowboys last game at Texas Stadium.

A game Romo choked and the Cowboys lost to the Ravens.

During the game the Cowboys inducted Tom Landry into the Cowboys Ring of Honor; Aikman came out on fire.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Yes. I heard of The Triplets. 3 HOFers inducted into the Cowboys Ring of Honor during I believe the Cowboys last game at Texas Stadium.

A game Romo choked and the Cowboys lost to the Ravens.

During the game the Cowboys inducted Tom Landry into the Cowboys Ring of Honor; Aikman came out on fire.

Man… just watching him launch that spiral. Nevermind the mid-stride perfect accuracy. None of our QBs since have been able to do that.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Again ....... Great wall built from 3rd round castoffs from other teams ........ they owe their greatness to Aikman and Smith as much as the other way around
Agreed
A lot of those guys were already there on the declining Cowboy teams.

Jimmy and the Triplets show up and all of a sudden our o line is dominating

I'm not saying those guys weren't good but that team went a lot deeper than their O line for sure.

You're on point here.