Some people need to stop this Troy wasn't elite take

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yes to Marino, just different stats. Playoff and super-bowls wins vs yards and TDs.

Who is discrediting Purdy? You? Do you know what Purdy has accomplished in his first 20 games? Blows away those "stats" but more important wins than Young and Montana as they started out. Local San Fran heroes and super-bowl / HOF QBs.
Where did I discredit Purdy? The knock on him is people say he’s a system qb with elite talent around him. I don’t know what Young and Montana have to do with this lol.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You have some boneheads that don’t think any of the Cowboys QBs were any good. I’ve seen fans here point to Staubach and Aikman‘s career numbers as the reason they weren’t any good. :rolleyes:
I’ve never heard one person say they weren’t good. Now guys like Joe Namath? Overrated.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Troy Aikman was among the most accurate and accomplished QBs of his era. His performance in Super Bowls were nothing short of superb. In fact, the receivers who knew him best considered him the most accurate QB of his time in pro football. That's nothing to dismiss as being a "bus driver."

Nav22

Reaction score
Never ever compare Aikman with dak. Thats a slap in the face of Aikman. Dak cant carry his jock strap
I know you're slow, but I didn't compare Aikman to Dak.

Dak's one of the better QBs in the NFL today, and was certainly a top 5 QB in the NFL this season. He's #2 in MVP odds for a reason.

I'm sorry if that dose of reality hurts your tiny little feelings.

lopey

Reaction score
I know you're slow, but I didn't compare Aikman to Dak.

Dak's one of the better QBs in the NFL today, and was certainly a top 5 QB in the NFL this season. He's #2 in MVP odds for a reason.

I'm sorry if that dose of reality hurts your tiny little feelings.
When he wins something of importance then you can talk all you want you schmuck lol

morat1959

Reaction score
Troy and Roger were elite but they pale in comparison to the living legend…Dak the GOAT!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Never ever compare Aikman with dak. Thats a slap in the face of Aikman. Dak cant carry his jock strap
I wouldn’t go that far. Aikman is in the Hall of Fame because he had one of the all-time great teams around him. When he won the SB in 92 and 93 he only had to throw 38 TDs. That’s only two more than Dak had this season. Dak has combined for 73 TD passes the past 2 seasons. Aikman only attempted 392 passes during the Cowboys Super Bowl season in 1993. Dak attempted 590 passes this season. When Aikman didn’t have a running game with the leagues all-time leading rusher and an all-time great OL and had to carry the team at the beginning of his career, and at the end of his career he got destroyed. His career numbers are low because he had great teams to lean on. He even admitted he wouldn’t be in the Hall of Fame had it not been for those three championships.

This isn’t to say he wasn’t a great QB. What made him great was coming up big in the games that mattered most. When he had to make a big play in the most critical moment he got it done. Possibly the best game he ever played was in the Super Bowl in 92. Aikman would not have had a Hall of Fane career with the teams Dak has had or even Romo for that matter. Although both QBs have had some real good teams, they’ve been QB dependent due inconsistent running games and OL play over the years. Plus it’s a passing league now. Aikman didn’t function as well when games were put on him week after week with deficiencies around him. It led to injuries, including numerous concussions.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Troy was elite during the Super Bowl years (early-to-mid 90s), especially during the playoffs.

Before and after that? You won't like my answer. Careful, I've got the stats to back up my talk.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I wouldn’t go that far. Aikman is in the Hall of Fame because he had one of the all-time great teams around him. When he won the SB in 92 and 93 he only had to throw 38 TDs. That’s only two more than Dak had this season. Dak has combined for 73 TD passes the past 2 seasons. Aikman only attempted 392 passes during the Cowboys Super Bowl season in 1993. Dak attempted 590 passes this season. When Aikman didn’t have a running game with the leagues all-time leading rusher and an all-time great OL and had to carry the team at the beginning of his career, and at the end of his career he got destroyed. His career numbers are low because he had great teams to lean on. He even admitted he wouldn’t be in the Hall of Fame had it not been for those three championships.

This isn’t to say he wasn’t a great QB. What made him great was coming up big in the games that mattered most. When he had to make a big play in the most critical moment he got it done. Possibly the best game he ever played was in the Super Bowl in 92. Aikman would not have had a Hall of Fane career with the teams Dak has had or even Romo for that matter. Although both QBs have had some real good teams, they’ve been QB dependent due inconsistent running games and OL play over the years. Plus it’s a passing league now. Aikman didn’t function as well when games were put on him week after week with deficiencies around him. It led to injuries, including numerous concussions.
:hammer: :clap::hammer:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Bus driver…lol!
With Emmitt Smith eating up yards that’s pretty much what Troy Aikman was because that’s all he had to be. He only attempted 400 or more passes four times during his career, and never threw for more than 23 TDs, because he didn’t have to. He had an all-time great running game with an all-time great OL and great defenses. All he had to do was drive the bus and make plays when he had to.