Twitter: Some Sturm tweets on Wentz

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bob Sturm ‏@SportsSturm 2h2 hours ago
2016 NFL Draft Profile - QB Carson Wentz ND State - http://sportsday.***BANNED-URL***/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2016/01/19/bob-sturms-draft-profile-series-can-carson-wentz-cowboys-next-franchise-quarterback…

Spoiler alert: Wentz is a stud.

Bob Sturm Retweeted Michael Fleet

I am only 6 player breakdowns deep, but he is absolutely on the top shelf.

Bob Sturm added,

Michael Fleet @McFleet711
@SportsSturm a #4 overall stud?

Bob Sturm Retweeted Poseur

I have no idea. I will say this though: you find a QB you love at the top of the draft - Do Not Get Cute.

Bob Sturm added,

Poseur @ATVSPoseur
@SportsSturm Could the Cowboys trade down and still select him later in the 1st?

Bob Sturm Retweeted Cobe

Great question. I am stalling a bit before I marry either idea. Wentz is better now, but is also 23. Lynch 21.

Bob Sturm added,

Cobe @allmyteamsuck
@SportsSturm Wentz or Lynch as of now?
0 retweets2 likes

reddyuta

Reaction score
23rd sounds about right IMO, a first round pick but no where near the 4th overall pick. I know Goff and Lynch will go high but I don't see any of the QBs in this draft as top five guys.

23rd? Wentz is 23.I think you misread that.

Dhragon

Deadly Claws of Death
Reaction score
Wentz hype continues - and I'm starting to buy in. Okay with Goff, Lync , or Wentz now at #4 ( subject to change after Senior Bowl ).

If there are indeed 3 legit options for QB, then there will assuredly be an option for us at #4 to take one of them.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
I am officially on the Carson Wentz bandwagon. I've seen every game he has played and can confirm his studness.

Draft this beautiful man, Cowboys

3787285.jpg

JeffInDC

Reaction score
CBS has Wentz ranked at 18 as of 1/15 (up I believe from 36).

8FOR!3

Reaction score
Carson will keep going higher and higher to the point to where we better hope as fans that he's available at #4 bc I think he's already the best QB in the draft

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Carson will keep going higher and higher to the point to where we better hope as fans that he's available at #4 bc I think he's already the best QB in the draft

Pfft. We can trade down into the late first and get him. My handy dandy draft list from a month ago says so. - Joe Six Pack again, thinking in his head, but not posting to Draft Zone.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score

I could see it. Happens every year. We like a guy but don't know if he's worth drafting at our position. Then he rises in the polls and people start wondering if we should trade up for him.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
From Sturm

What I liked: He has gifts. He can make any throw and he can make it at almost any velocity. I am not sure there is a prospect that can throw the ball harder or further. He has a gun in the truest sense of the word. Now, to make his skillset even more exciting, he can run as well as most QBs could hope to run. This helps him if he were to keep it on a zone read or a 3rd down scramble, but moreso, it helps him move the pocket and keep a play alive. He rolls to each side of the field and then has the mechanics to properly reset his body to fire a strike to the outside of routes to either sideline. His motion is more compact than Paxton Lynch in that with Wentz, it often looks like a flick of the wrist. It also should be said that his ball placement is top-notch. He not only can hit receivers right at their facemask, but he also can deliver balls where only they can catch them. He is an athlete who also seems to see the field very well. He is in total control of the game. It is tough to find labels for what makes a QB great, but Wentz seems to ooze the characteristics you are looking for when you seek "dude qualities" as Trent Dilfer puts it.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The same site (NFL Draft Scout) had him at #59 in early Nov., #121 in September. Just goes to show you.

broken wrist that caused him to miss much of the season could be the reason he dropped on their site?