Twitter: Some Sturm tweets on Wentz

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
No question. A great advantage. And plenty of ammo for when/if they pass on him.

Well, Garrett and Wade Wilson had an up close and personal look. They know, okay?

or when they fall in love with him.

sbark

Reaction score
It would be best for all if Cleveland took the more local boy Lynch for them, a Rothlesburger clone inside their division, San D then take Goff, their local Kid.........then Dallas would be able to snag Wentz who's 2nd home has been Frisco Tx (Dallas suburb) for each of the last 5 years as they finished out championship runs each year (4 for him)..........he's maybe even been in the TE bar :)

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Goff, Lynch or Wentz.... If he's going to sit for a couple of years. I'll roll with Lynch. If Romo retires right after the draft. Roll with Goff.. If Goff is gone roll with Wentz..

You take the guy w/ the higher upside...and that's Lynch.

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
they are 14 months apart. If Romo plays 3 years and retires Lynch will be 25 at the start of that season and Wentz will be 26...

ok....he made it sound like a bigger difference than that. That close....you take the guy you like best

conner01

Reaction score
Main thing if the Cowboys like him a lot then take him, board means little if you end up missing on a player you really like at a position as important as QB.

Exactly
I still remember when they tried to get cute on max unger and missed him

waving monkey

Reaction score
Wentz hype continues - and I'm starting to buy in. Okay with Goff, Lync , or Wentz now at #4 ( subject to change after Senior Bowl ).

If there are indeed 3 legit options for QB, then there will assuredly be an option for us at #4 to take one of them.

welcome to the cartel

waving monkey

Reaction score
From Sturm

What I liked: He has gifts. He can make any throw and he can make it at almost any velocity. I am not sure there is a prospect that can throw the ball harder or further. He has a gun in the truest sense of the word. Now, to make his skillset even more exciting, he can run as well as most QBs could hope to run. This helps him if he were to keep it on a zone read or a 3rd down scramble, but moreso, it helps him move the pocket and keep a play alive. He rolls to each side of the field and then has the mechanics to properly reset his body to fire a strike to the outside of routes to either sideline. His motion is more compact than Paxton Lynch in that with Wentz, it often looks like a flick of the wrist. It also should be said that his ball placement is top-notch. He not only can hit receivers right at their facemask, but he also can deliver balls where only they can catch them. He is an athlete who also seems to see the field very well. He is in total control of the game. It is tough to find labels for what makes a QB great, but Wentz seems to ooze the characteristics you are looking for when you seek "dude qualities" as Trent Dilfer puts it.

Thats pretty high praise and if near close I run to the podium at 4

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I almost wonder if Wentz would pull an Eli and refuse to sign with Cleveland if he knows Dallas would draft him.

I would if I were in that position.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm on the wentz bandwagon myself but can I ask what's everyone opinion on paxton lynch

Im a fan. I think even despite D1 he may need more coaching then who plays plays under center alot in a pro style offense. Physical abilities they are very similar alough Lynch is taller and Wentz may have a stronger arm. And while Wentz may have a strong arm Lynch's deep ball accuracy is expetional and probably the best in the draft

IrishAnto

Reaction score
Lynch seems to be getting a little more negative press recently, especially since the Auburn game.

And just think, this process just started and there are over three more months of this to go.

Lynch had a bad game but so did the rest of the team.

Wentz had a good game but threw two picks, however his defense helped him out by forcing turnovers in return, something Lynch didn't get.

If we draft Lynch he will at least be used to having to do most of the work on his own, coz the Boys defense won't get any turnovers to help him out either.