Twitter: Some Sturm tweets on Wentz

IAmLegend

Reaction score
So IF Wentz bombs at the Senior Bowl or is very pedestrian against FBS talent, will people still be drooling over him? Will it be "just a bad game on short preparation" or will it maybe be a telling sign? Just wondering where y'all are at. Cause I already know that if he plays well, this place will explode.

Gaede

Reaction score
So IF Wentz bombs at the Senior Bowl or is very pedestrian against FBS talent, will people still be drooling over him? Will it be "just a bad game on short preparation" or will it maybe be a telling sign? Just wondering where y'all are at. Cause I already know that if he plays well, this place will explode.

I expect he'll play a little bad and a little good and nothing will change

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

If he bombs the SR Bowl, his stock will plummet. A bad SR bowl and he is Brock Oswieler 2012

IrishAnto

Reaction score
hold it so that one little inch is going to make the difference - if there is any difference you know how schools always put bigger down - where's the tape on Kellen Moore

Wentz rushed for over 600 + yards in 2014

Go watch him against any good team and tell me how he did. He's overrated." That's what one college scouting director told me this week about Memphis quarterback Paxton Lynch. Games against Ole Miss and Houston would definitely back up this statement.

North Dakota State quarterback Carson Wentz led the Bison to his second straight FCS title (five straight for the team, two for Wentz as a starter) this season. I reached out to get a feeling on Wentz's draft stock after the game, and one high-level AFC scout told me he's the No. 1 quarterback on their board, even though they don't expect him to be around when they pick late in the first round.

Not sure how Lynch's play against Ole Miss and Houston back up the statement "He's overrated".

Lynch threw 3 touchdowns against Ole Miss in a winning game and got them into position to kick the game winning FG against Houston which the kicker missed (they scored 34 points in the game).

Now if he held up the Auburn game as an example he might have a point.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

So you are predicting something that we have seen countless times in countless years and not just on this site but pretty much all draft sites.
You Sir are a gambler. :cool:;)

On a serious note...Not many people question that the guy has Talent, the physical attributes and is a leader.

What they question is him playing against inferior competition. Oddly enough they seem to forget he is also playing with inferior players on his side of the ball as well. But they want to see how he will do against better competition from better athletes from better schools. If he does well there it only helps him...if he does not, sure it will hurt his stock. Not really rocket surgery. But people act silly because a player's stock can go up or down after a game...well it is one thing if they sucked all year and just looked good in one game. This guy does not fit that mold...he is in the mold of a small school guy.

kazzd58

Reaction score
Give Me the QB that's accurate and understand Placement and touch and competitive than a **..

tyke1doe

Reaction score

:laugh:

sbark

Reaction score
Wentz is a kid, that after backing up Brock Jenson on their 1st 3 FCS championships, gets back to fargo and calls up Bison QB coach Randy Hedberg (on T.bay Roster in 1977) at 4:00 freaking AM in the morning and says he's wants to keep working to prep for his Jr.Season.........................This is a kid that right after the 2016 FCs championship game went directly to Calif to Tollner QB camp and clinics for continued prep and improvement...............

4.0 grades and work ethic........a lot could go right for this kid in life, pro football career is yet to be written, but this kid will succeed in life in general, and I'll lay odds Pro Football can be added to that list.

IAmLegend

Reaction score
I would really hope that if you're taking a QB in the Top 5, that he's going to turn out to be a better pro than Alex Smith..

reddyuta

Reaction score
I agree with this Be fennell guy,he doesnt throw it like other big QBs but i imagine its correctable.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I would really hope that if you're taking a QB in the Top 5, that he's going to turn out to be a better pro than Alex Smith..

I don't see Alex Smith at all.

Wentz does so many things well that I don't see how you can point to 1 QB and say he is like that guy.

He's got all of the tools you could want. Every single one of them.

If he shows the ability to perform well in a JAson Garrett offense then you go get that guy because not a lot of QB's can do that.

conner01

Reaction score
This is BS. The seahawks traded ahead of the Cowboys to take Unger.

Unger was the player we wanted but the Seahawks traded up in front of us to get him
The exact same thing can happen if we get cute thinking a QB will drop, trade back and someone can trade up above us

Dhragon

Deadly Claws of Death
Reaction score

Ah, but they didn't say just plain old Alex Smith, but "Souped Up" Alex Smith.

Alex Smith is an average QB in the NFL. He can win you games and get you to the playoffs. Add a little extra secret sauce to him and he would be pretty doggone good. I'd be okay with that.