Someone Tell Me What Witten Is Trying To Say Here?

silvrNblue

Reaction score
NFL, not unlike major companies don't hire "the Best" candidate for a position. Instead they hire off the old boy saying, Well, he played football so he must know the game. well, that maybe, Witten surely knows the game, but he has no charisma, or proper speaking ability to actually form a sentence that make's sense to anyone but a 2 year old. Same for Booger and quiet a few others we all know and love in the broadcasting booths... there won't be any more Howard Cosell types, they just don't fit the boot plus look at all the game nights and the fact there are so many games played in a week... I just don't listen to their jargon, as it makes my head hurt from being caught up in the, "what the hell did he say, wha... what the.....

blueblood70

Reaction score
Witten’s delivery is painful. But Joe T. and Booger are worse with irrelevant and stupid garbage. MNF is best viewed muted during the game.
boogers crane post and comments are unnecessary but oh well..he make zero insight

J12B

Reaction score
It's embarrassing, ESPN needs to retool this and fast

A few games back Rich Eisen and Kurt Warner called a game on Thursday night and I thought they did an excellent job. Should consider bringing in those guys

links18

Reaction score
I think he was trying to say that he can't pronounce tough names in this situation.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That crew he's working with are inexperienced but affordable. He needs veterans around him to have a chance to grow into the position. I do not agree that he's made much progress but that game was a real test of any broadcaster and it was really easy to get swept up in it. Their problem was they let their delivery match the pace of the game and needed to back off at times.

ESPN is trying to salvage MNF, along with some other poor rights fees, and adding that goofy halftime musical number thinking that might attract more viewers. They did strike gold last night and lucky NBC didn't have the chance to flex it.

No NFL broadcast needs a three man show and they were fighting for attention because they knew they had the game of the year. The director is at fault, it is a chat fest and comes off very amateur. And McFarland brings nothing to the party at all.

Witten needs a savvy experienced play by play guy to guide him and calm him down. He's talking too fast and that's when he says some of those goofy things.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Witten needs to be doing low end college football games. He belongs nowhere near a MNF broadcast. But it isn't just him. The play by play is terrible.
The difference between Witten and Romo in the booth couldn't be more extreme
He's really tough to listen to

Plankton

Reaction score
Lookit, I enjoyed Jason Witten as a player, and think that he's a slam dunk HOF player.

As an analyst, he's an unmitigated disaster. He's not quick on his feet, he trips over himself constantly, and rarely provides any insight that is truly illuminating. I personally want to throat punch Joe Tessitore - there may not be a more annoying broadcaster doing football games. Booger is probably the least offensive of the three, and he's no great shakes. ESPN needs to blow this booth up.