Someone tell the Bucs you build through the draft only

DFWJC

Reaction score
Think about this

Even at 43
Brady's TD-Int differential of a whopping 28 was easily the highest in Bucs history and would've also been the highest in Dallas Cowboy history (Romo was 1s, 2nd and 3rd at 25, 21, 21)

phildadon86

Reaction score
How was Tampa doing pre-Brady?
So you are saying if we picked up brady we would have also drafted all the players they did and grabbed all the FAs they did as well? Do you hear yourself when you speak or?

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Brady wasn't coming here no matter what.
He doesn't even like the Cowboys and he wanted to win, not nab another paycheck.

Shannon1

Reaction score
Your right Brady wouldn’t come to Dallas because we would try to low ball him ,just like other free agents, we have cheep scape running the Cowboys .

texbumthelife

Reaction score
you build your core through the draft. you complement with a few mid level draftees and perhaps a big signing to fill a gap you couldn't do through draft

you swung and missed baadddlllyyy. you were lazy to do your homework because you wanted to drive an agenda.
Fourtnette had 367 yards rushing...by comparison Polllard had 435. so you tout fourtnette? because its a name you heard and have no idea what he did for his team.

most of those FA cost as much as the 4 FA we signed and couldn't get past mid season. its finding the right cheap FA.....

below is the core of their team that came through draft.

Wirf
Wienfield
White
Vea
Jones
Howard
Brate
Evans
Godwin
Hargraves
Smith
Evans

This should be the last post in this thread. That's a shut down retort. Locked the sucker up.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Imo we've done well enough in the draft over the last 5 or 6 years or so, where we've missed at is in fa. Those fa from TB, KC and the Rams were impact players, name the fa that the Cowboys have signed that have had similar impact?
While I agree with you I think the issues with the draft for the Cowboys is they seem to be finding playmakers on offense but not defense. Who is their Vita Vea on the interior defensive line?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So you have no answer or team because it doesn't happen in one draft. Great job trying to deflect when you have nothing to back up a statement.
I’m just proving how silly your theory is. Your theory is because no one did it before you means it doesn’t work. You are simplifying why the Buccaneers won. You can acknowledge Shaq Barrett and Tom Brady but you don’t acknowledge the core of their team is draft picks.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Or...I understand football.

Yeah...Gronk, no impact at all.
Jason Pierre Paul - scrub.
Antonio Brown - not a threat.
Fournette - sucks.
Suh - doesn't do anything.
Prime example that you aren’t paying attention. Cameron Brate outplayed Gronk throughout the playoffs until the Super Bowl. You are clueless if you think the Buccaneers needed those guys to win lol. Vita Vea is what makes that defensive line work not no damn Suh lol.

kskboys

Reaction score
I see on the boards all the time “build through the draft and bring in some stop gaps (scrubs) in free agency....that’s how you win a Super Bowl

Well Steve let’s take a look at the Bucs....

Notable free agents:

1. Tom Brady
2. Shaq Barret
3. Gronk
4. Fournette
5. Suh
6. Antonio Brown
7. Jason Paul

So you can go on living that lie that we will win a Super Bowl through the draft and free agency scrubs
And that is a pile of talent all playing under market price. Good luck finding that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
Prime example that you aren’t paying attention. Cameron Brate outplayed Gronk throughout the playoffs until the Super Bowl. You are clueless if you think the Buccaneers needed those guys to win lol. Vita Vea is what makes that defensive line work not no damn Suh lol.
Suh needs Vea beside him. All UT's need a quality NT beside them to maximize effectiveness.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All those FA's wouldn't have mattered if they stuck with Winston instead of signing Brady. Brady made all that possible.
Brady played great, but he's not why Mahomes didn't have time to pass or a lane to run. Their D was the key!

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
What team drafted a top Defense in one Draft paying Elite $$ for a QB and having the 30th ranked Defense, you and others are living in delusional football fantasy land. You really believe Jerry, sprout and Lil Willie are drafting a roster full of all pro defensive players that will elevate the D to top 5. Thanks for the laughs keep them coming.
If you did some research before yapping, you would realize that 2/3rds of the picks in the last 5+ drafts have been on Defense. You're right that Jerry & Sons have not drafted well, but they honestly could and should have addressed the rebuilding of this Defense if they had drafted wisely. With how much a handful of players currently are taking up the majority of the salary capped pie, where is Jerry going to have any space to pick up some defensive difference makers in free agency? Please enlighten us with your geniusness.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Suh needs Vea beside him. All UT's need a quality NT beside them to maximize effectiveness.
I agree. I really hoped Vita VEa fell to us that one year...not even sure if they would've took him but he went a lot lower than I expected.

kskboys

Reaction score
Your right Brady wouldn’t come to Dallas because we would try to low ball him ,just like other free agents, we have cheep scape running the Cowboys .
Not even. Brady wouldn't come to Dallas because we are not close to a super bowl contender. And we have a nimrod in charge of acquiring talent.

kskboys

Reaction score
While I agree with you I think the issues with the draft for the Cowboys is they seem to be finding playmakers on offense but not defense. Who is their Vita Vea on the interior defensive line?
We passed him up several times. Latest was when we took Gimp over Jarron Reed, who is now a top 10 DT for SEA.