Something Weird Going On With ET

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Thought something very similar.

Hurns is a nice guy though and doesn’t rock the boat. He is well liked so he deserves 6 million dollars lol

It would seem cold to cut him after that injury, yes. But the NFL is a business and Hurns is smart enough to understand that.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
They have exercised an option for Hurns at that amount. Doesn’t mean they’ll keep him at that amount, or at all. While that $5 million counts toward the cap right now, it doesn’t factor at all in the decision on ET. You should worry more about the $20 million tied up in D Law’s franchise tag

At this point I would love to trade D-Law. I know I ranted a bit here on how you have to keep pass rushers, but at the moment Dallas can use a 1st round pick and $20 million of cap room more than him.

Draft a DE in the 1st and you get a cheaper guy for five years and the money to spend on guys like ET.

ColoradoCowboy

Reaction score
Am I the only one that sees a 7 year $100 million contract as the solution here?

I mean, it CAN be structured to really be a 3 year $30 million deal, but those extra years with big salaries make it look like a 14.2 million a year.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Am I the only one that sees a 7 year $100 million contract as the solution here?

I mean, it CAN be structured to really be a 3 year $30 million deal, but those extra years with big salaries make it look like a 14.2 million a year.

ET and his agent would see through all those "fake years"; however.

I can't blame Thomas, this is his last chance to get paid, but it's looking more and more like the Cowboys just won't budge from their offer.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

Excellent point bro.......make the last couple of years of the deal just funny money that the team will never pay but will give ET bragging rights of being highest paid safety.

It’s a win win for everyone!

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
We can’t find an extra million or two somewhere to sweeten the pot any?

Isn’t there some jag we can cut or something, just a million or two more could get this done.

I've gone from wanting earl to idc anymore what happens! This needs to end... sign him or someone else please sign him. I don't wana hear about this situation that hasn't changed in weeks lol

kumizi

Reaction score
On a two year deal, does it really make that big of a ********** difference if it's 2/22 vs 2/28?

JFC just sign him. Not only would he be a gigantic upgrade at FS, he would help the entire defense.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
At this point I would love to trade D-Law. I know I ranted a bit here on how you have to keep pass rushers, but at the moment Dallas can use a 1st round pick and $20 million of cap room more than him.

Draft a DE in the 1st and you get a cheaper guy for five years and the money to spend on guys like ET.

Of course that "cheaper guy" might end up being Taco Charlton...
:banghead:

kumizi

Reaction score
I can't get this out of my head. ET wants $15 million. Dallas wants to give him $10 million.

But the Cowboys are keeping a receiver with a broken leg (Allen Hurns) that counts $5 million towards the cap.

Can the Dallas front office do first or second grade level math???
From what I read, Hurns' money isn't guaranteed. He might get cut anyway before the beginning of the season.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
I don't think Thomas will be signed here at all......he'll eventually get tired of our FO and the games they like to play, give them his infamous one finger salute and move to a team that's actually trying to win.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I've gone from wanting earl to idc anymore what happens! This needs to end... sign him or someone else please sign him. I don't wana hear about this situation that hasn't changed in weeks lol
You should want it to go on, the longer he goes without a team making a deal, the closer he becomes a Cowboy.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score

DnkHi04W4AEgZsh.jpg

the_h0wey

Reaction score
Virtually every really good safety has signed but him.

Only two teams left that need a safety, Dallas and SF. However, reports are SF has not contacted or spoken to ET or his representatives. Teams are avoiding ET like he has the plague. Only three logical explanations.

1. ET has such crazy money demands nobody is even bothering, but reports are he wants $14 a year which is not that much more than what some others got.

2. ET injury history is scaring teams off. This doesn’t really jive since his injuries were bone breaks and not soft tissue. There should be no increased risk involved since broken bones actually get stronger when they heal.

3. He has the parameters of a deal in place with Dallas already and he is shopping it around. Teams know any offer they make he will just take back to Dallas to match so they are just not bothering. Teams are not stupid and don’t like be played with.

I think number 3 is the most realistic scenario right now in all honesty. Makes the most sense.

Why do you think we have any interest at all other than total speculation for clicks by Fisher

lostar2009

Reaction score
#1, recall FO said they want a cheap ET. Even went on to say 8 to 10 million is what they are willing to spend. I think ET has over valued himself. Two back to back season injuries, and age has negativity affect his market value. The younger players got what ET is looking for. Eric Weddle sign for 2 years 5 mill a year deal. If I'm the Cowboys I'll drop my price. Bottom line is no one will drop major money on a player who can not stay healthy and is in their 30s.

Flamma

Reaction score
We can’t find an extra million or two somewhere to sweeten the pot any?

Isn’t there some jag we can cut or something, just a million or two more could get this done.

I'm not sure it's the money holding this up. The Cowboys were offering Seattle a 2nd for him? If that's the case then money wasn't an issue. What else would they have done after giving up a 2nd, let him walk? The Cowboys are reconsidering for other reasons.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I'm not sure it's the money holding this up. The Cowboys were offering Seattle a 2nd for him? If that's the case then money wasn't an issue. What else would they have done after giving up a 2nd, let him walk? The Cowboys are reconsidering for other reasons.

Probably some of the same reasons 7 other teams signed a free agent safety not named Earl Thomas.