Something Weird Going On With ET

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Care to list a few for the great unwashed?
At the end of the career are you really going to put your body and your heart and soul into becoming something greater than you already were. I much rather have his position filled in the draft. And that's only one reason

Gameover

Reaction score
Earl will sign w the Cowboys for 2yrs/20million deal

Reality is setting in for Earl

Our stupid front office has pulled off anotha 1

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I really haven't followed his career that closely. Did he fight for those interceptions or were they under Thrown 0verthrown football.? How good is he really when he was good. Or was it just the scheme it was Talent all over that backfield

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
he is going to be 30 and has missed lots of games the last two yaers with injury team no longer pay big for older injured players regardless of who they are

garyv

Reaction score
His demands are not crazy they are in line with Collins Contract however he is almost 30 and coming off injury which
may translate into less than 14 mil to some teams because of risk. I've read Dallas is more thinking 8 to 10 mil per season
and Earl is thing 13 or 14 mil so we are at a stand still both parties in wait mode. I don't think there is any deal in place.
Dallas will do nothing unless SF comes in and offers 13 or 14 mil if not they set.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Although I understand your point. Back in the days Tom Landry. If a player was disrespectful on the sidelines. He just ruined his career no other coach would touch him. But yes times have changed its become a win or lose Football League. Sad what happened to morals Integrity football players. Now I called him money Players
ignoring the good ole days stuff here, this is very different. a guy who wanted financial security but was told to just shut up and play out his deal suffered an injury that probably cost him 20+M.
he was directing his anger to those guys who made the decision.
doubt any team holds that against him.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
[QUOTE="jterrell, post: 9092874, member: 22"]FANS rate ET top overall free agent safety, not sure teams do.

He is 5 years away from his last All Pro season, 2 of the last 3 seasons have ended in serious injury with a gruesome one last year.
I don't see any teams racing to pay 14M for a guy that is 29 with that injury history.
The two places he would make the scheme sing are SEA/DAL and I don't see either trying to pay him even 12M per year.

Dallas has a starting FS that has missed 2 games in his career, costs you 750K and is 23 years old.

ET would be better if healthy but would he be 20x better? DAL is willing to pay 10X more apparently.[/QUOTE]

Safe to say to now say this is pretty obvious .....some actually thinking he would get $15-16M, a year older ( closer to 30), coming off a major injury after making $10M last year. To me, it's real simple the league sending him a reality check. In fact, you can make a case it would be downright irresponsible to pay more than he made last year.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
His demands are not crazy they are in line with Collins Contract however he is almost 30 and coming off injury which
may translate into less than 14 mil to some teams because of risk. I've read Dallas is more thinking 8 to 10 mil per season
and Earl is thing 13 or 14 mil so we are at a stand still both parties in wait mode. I don't think there is any deal in place.
Dallas will do nothing unless SF comes in and offers 13 or 14 mil if not they set.
49ers haven't even talked to him. So they seem unlikely.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
BRUTAL post. Did he take a knee too? Old white men (NFL owners) couldn't care LESS about his middle finger to the Seahags coaching staff getting carted off. Trust me. They're all about winning, and if character mattered then about 25% of the guys taken in the draft would be UFA's.

And one more thing: NOBODY is more 'selfish' than NFL teams and their front office so if a player isn't a little selfish, he'll end up used, poor and broken down. We know most of them are used and broken down after retirement so the obvious goal is to not be poor. You know, kind of like the rest of us and especially NFL teams which are getting filthy rich off guys like ET.

Rant over.
Ooh. That touched a nerve.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
[QUOTE="jterrell, post: 9092874, member: 22"]FANS rate ET top overall free agent safety, not sure teams do.

He is 5 years away from his last All Pro season, 2 of the last 3 seasons have ended in serious injury with a gruesome one last year.
I don't see any teams racing to pay 14M for a guy that is 29 with that injury history.
The two places he would make the scheme sing are SEA/DAL and I don't see either trying to pay him even 12M per year.

Dallas has a starting FS that has missed 2 games in his career, costs you 750K and is 23 years old.

ET would be better if healthy but would he be 20x better? DAL is willing to pay 10X more apparently.

Safe to say to now say this is pretty obvious .....some actually thinking he would get $15-16M, a year older ( closer to 30), coming off a major injury after making $10M last year. To me, it's real simple the league sending him a reality check. In fact, you can make a case it would be downright irresponsible to pay more than he made last year.[/QUOTE]
I have no idea how the NFL has these massive shifts in how they pay positions but for 3 years they've paid Safeties NOTHING.
Honey Badger played last year on a 1 year deal at 7.5M. Team offered him a large raise and he shut that down and got 14AAV and longer term?? Nuts.

But ET isn't signed because he wasn't at top of thee teams boards. Like 3 safeties have gotten the type of money he wanted already so those teams simply preferred other dudes.
Presumably age/injury combo is holding him back.

Now issue is how many safety hungry teams remain.

Bargains tend to be found in wave 2/3.
Guys who need jobs once the spenders are out of the way.
Clearance rack FTW.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
At the end of the career are you really going to put your body and your heart and soul into becoming something greater than you already were. I much rather have his position filled in the draft. And that's only one reason

These men are prideful and performing at a level which keeps people respecting them is also a motivation. I think it is a mistake to assume that others think like we do.