Something weird is going on

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I mean this respectfully….but what do you find weird about it? You didn’t find it weird last year? Or the year before? Or the year before that? What are they doing differently this year that they haven’t done.
You have overdosed on copeium today haven't you?

I can't open a thread without seeing you trying to convince anyone that will listen that all is well.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
They're done with the Dak era and it's pretty evident next season is a rebuild year.
The only reason they didn't fire MM is he's pretty good at developing a young QB like Trey.

I agree with their tactics and it's about time they man up and stop pampering these guys as most of them have gotten their big bags and done squat!

How many times has this backfired on you...at this point i think Jerry resigns Dak just to watch your reaction on this forum..they will sign some no name Day3 FA's they will draft to fill holes and THEN they will extend Dak and CD..its comming you need to brace yourself..I would love to see them shop CD/#11/#4 and stock pile picks and rebuild at this point...NOTHING this GM has done says this will happen, not one thing ever...starting with bringing back a 1 year coach..it would be foolish to let Dak hit FA while hiring a new coach, no picks no QB..yeah coaches will be beating down the door.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How many times has this backfired on you...at this point i think Jerry resigns Dak just to watch your reaction on this forum..they will sign some no name Day3 FA's they will draft to fill holes and THEN they will extend Dak and CD..its comming you need to brace yourself..I would love to see them shop CD/#11/#4 and stock pile picks and rebuild at this point...NOTHING this GM has done says this will happen, not one thing ever...
Don't worry about me as I am not a member of the Cowboy organization.
Extend Dak ok bud to each his own.
GL gotta a feeling you will need it!
P.S. Are You gonna follow inepto to his new team if he manages to find one in the FA market?

Mannix

Reaction score
Big Enos still wants the bandit to do pull jobs for his entertainment.
Little Enos has cut off the purse strings and refuses to give the bandit money.
Q: Just how did The Bandit manage to get that personalized Ban One plate in less than 24 hours? Always bothered me as a kid.

Aven8

Reaction score
If we’re getting rid of Dak do it now. Try to trade him. Release him Denver style. Get on with it. Don’t play it out and have a crappy football team /season. I would much rather watch Lance give it a go than a undermanned team lose and get to 8-9 and be in the middle of the pack drafting….

Swagger

Reaction score
If we’re getting rid of Dak do it now. Try to trade him. Release him Denver style. Get on with it. Don’t play it out and have a crappy football team /season. I would much rather watch Lance give it a go than a undermanned team lose and get to 8-9 and be in the middle of the pack drafting….
Post 1st June cut saves $

Mannix

Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
post of the afternoon

links18

Reaction score
It's what is called rebuilding, without calling it that. They will retain a core: already resigned Trevon, big contracts for CD (#88) and Parsons (although his mouth might talk his way to the Commanders) coming, scrap Dak and McCarthy and try to start over. Won't be this year, so they try to keep you interested with "all in talk." But it's increasingly transparent what is happening.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Dak is as good as gone.

There's nothing weird going on if you've been paying attention.
What worries me is.

They sign Dak to an extension after all of the good FAs are gone.

Then use the negotiations as a reason as to why they werent active in the first days of FA.

morasp

Reaction score
The situation reminds me a lot of the Bengals and Andy Dalton a few years ago. They had some good players and frequently made the playoffs but never did much in the post season. When a new coaching staff was brought in they tanked for a couple of seasons, drafted a generational QB and WR, were smart in FA and made it to the big game.

CWR

Reaction score
Am I the only one thinking that even Booger and Chuckles can't be this stupid, and that there has to be some kind of plan that we aren't seeing. What is going on with all the Coaches contracts, Dork, and the passing on FA's sure has all the signs of a fire sale. If Booger has decided to blow it up and start over, I'd actually have a "little" respect for him....but if he and Chuckles actually think that what they are doing is a winning formula, than they both deserve the 0-17 season that some of us are already praying for. Am I alone on this? Maybe they both are just panicked and feeling overwhelmed....so NOTHING is getting done....I dunno. WEIRD is the only way I can describe it.

Eisen can't figure it out either.

I'd be ok with blowing it up as well, but you'd think we actually go ALL IN, at least once before declaring it over.

However, I don't believe it for a second. Jerry wants to remain in the conversation every year. He's not going to throw in the towel and rebuild until there are no other options.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Don't worry about me as I am not a member of the Cowboy organization.
Extend Dak ok bud to each his own.
GL gotta a feeling you will need it!
P.S. Are You gonna follow inepto to his new team if he manages to find one in the FA market?
? do you actually read the things you respond to? I said I would trade them, but this GM has shown you for years what he is going to do and let Dak walk aint it.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
March 18th is still days away please remember that as that's when Dakko is due his 5 million bonus.
He just might be post-June 1st cut that is STILL an option for Jerry.
Remember how everyone was positive he would be extended so we could stack up on those Fa's?
Let's see what happens...............interesting times in Big D!

CWR

Reaction score
What worries me is.

Then use the negotiations as a reason as to why they werent active in the first days of FA.
I predicted that 2 months ago. It's a perfect excuse and allows him to weasel out of free agency all together.

Star Guard_31

Reaction score
The Joneses have always been too concerned about appearances. They want to move on from Dak and Big Mike but they can't financially sever ties with Dak until after this season and the optic of firing a coach coming off three straight 12 win seasons is sure to generate bad press. They can't have that, so what do they do? They stack the deck against them so they seem justified when they blow it up next year. This offseason is the equivalent of Joaquin Phoenix's character stabbing Russell Crowe's character before they fought in Gladiator.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
What worries me is.

OMG you must have a magic future ball..ooh wait youve just been paying attention the last decade...

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What worries me is.

Dream scenario..............sorry.
Dak is a Fa come next season and it seems they have no problem with that fact just like Kirk Cousins with D.C.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
What worries me is.

If they really try and say free agency passed them by because they were working with Dak it would be the single dumbest thing a football team has ever said.

There is no chance they are this stupid and I think they are very stupid.