Sopranos - Article page 18

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
silverbear;1517901 said:
Maybe he got another chance to play Richard Nixon... admit it, that guy was BORN to play Tricky Dicky... :D

He'll need a new hair piece :laugh1:

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not a Soprano's fan, but thought you all might be interested...

Mosley's blog

What did Tony say to Jets coach? (Sopranos spoiler alert)

June 4, 2007 7:00 AM

In the middle of a superb second-to-last episode of "The Sopranos" last night, we were treated to a cameo from Jets head coach Eric Mangini.

Mangini was eating dinner at Artie Bucco's Nuovo Vesuvio at the same time as Tony and Carm, but we could only observe the ensuing conversation between he and Tony from across the crowded restaurant. (Loved it when Tony mutters under his breath, "Here we go" as Artie and his wife walk toward their table).

I'm wondering what Commissioner Goodell thinks about head coaches appearing in TV episodes in which at three violent crimes takes place.

And speaking of violent crime, was Bobby's death in the hobby store not one of the most amazing scenes - television or film - you've ever seen? From the moment you heard his cellphone ring in the car, you knew it was over.

He's just dropped $8,000 on an electric train and he's chatting up the owner about the period of time it represents when things begin to heat up. It was one of those Hitchcockian moments where you know the ending, but the buildup is so genius that it doesn't matter.

The train station scene from "The Untouchables" comes to mind, but last night's train scene was more intense. We see the two guys come walking down separate aisles from an aerial view - and it's almost too much to watch.

Well, I could go on for several more paragraphs, but you get the point. Second favorite scene last night: The disgust in Phil's voice as he talks to his guys about the Tony's running his family.

"We decapitate and do business with whatevers left," he says.

OK, any ideas on what Tony said to Mangini? Who dies next week?

I have to admit that I've already been tipped off.

And do you guys have any interest in the debut of "John From Cincinnati?"

Eric Mangini

Read comments or leave a comment

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
I'm betting a portion of Tony's guys have already flipped to Phil's side, and he's left betrayed/murdered by one or more of his inner-circle.

Look at the opening scene, Sil strangles the one guy w/o Tony being privy to that this is happening. He then uses the excuse to Tony that he'd been recruited by Phil's family, and he didn't want to bother Tony with AJ in the hospital, for the reason for killing him on his own.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Taps-n-1;1517933 said:
I'm betting a portion of Tony's guys have already flipped to Phil's side, and he's left betrayed/murdered by one or more of his inner-circle.

Look at the opening scene, Sil strangles the one guy w/o Tony being privy to that this is happening. He then uses the excuse to Tony that he'd been recruited by Phil's family, and he didn't want to bother Tony with AJ in the hospital, for the reason for killing him on his own.

If that were the case that Sil had already flipped, if I gather that is what you are saying, than I don't see why they, phils crew, would have killed sil.

However I would not argue that some of his other, lower rung, guys may flip to save their own hides.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1517908 said:
:laugh1: I think it is the no neck thing.

Naw, it's the jowls... even bassett hounds don't have jowls THAT big...

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
ep85_14.jpg

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kind of funny with Bobby.

Phil or one of his guys said something last night that made you think. Bobby was a bumbling idiot that just drove and took care of Junior, and messed that up at times.

However this season he did a 180% turn. First he beats up Tony,then he does his first hit and last night stood up like he wanted to whoop Paulie.

Make him a tough guy only to kill him later.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1518126 said:
Kind of funny with Bobby.

Phil or one of his guys said something last night that made you think. Bobby was a bumbling idiot that just drove and took care of Junior, and messed that up at times.

However this season he did a 180% turn. First he beats up Tony,then he does his first hit and last night stood up like he wanted to whoop Paulie.

Make him a tough guy only to kill him later.

Janice has more balls than Bobby :D

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Oh well, at least Bobby still has a thriving career playing the voice of the "athletic" sock in the Lamasil foot fungus commercial.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Danny White;1518309 said:
Oh well, at least Bobby still has a thriving career playing the voice of the "athletic" sock in the Lamasil foot fungus commercial.

And on that poker show on A&E on monday nights

calico

Reaction score
He is also on that movie and a dinner show with Howard Sterns girlfriend.

Anyway, I rewatched again today and I think that Meadow gets killed next week because she will be with Patsy's son and might get caught in some cross fire when they are hanging out with Patsy.

jcollins28

Reaction score
All of Tony's main guys are gone his family is going to hell. I bet Tony becomes a
rat2.jpg

Either I do not really care as long as long as that ******* Phil dies a slow painful death that takes up the whole last episode.

calico

Reaction score
damn, I just accidently read a spoiler on next week's episode....:mad:

calico

Reaction score
A post on the home theater forum...it originated from here

http://deadwoodstage.proboards34.com/

It basically says

SPOILER!!!

all I will give is that a minor character is involved in a big hit

END SPOILERS

I wanted to go into the final ep with a blank slate and now I know how the war will turn out.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
calico;1518674 said:
A post on the home theater forum...it originated from here

http://deadwoodstage.proboards34.com/

It basically says

SPOILER!!!

all I will give is that a minor character is involved in a big hit

END SPOILERS

I wanted to go into the final ep with a blank slate and now I know how the war will turn out.

So now I know how it will end.

Artie will take out Tony and Phil when they are having a sit down dinner to work out a truce. Artie will poison them both.

:p:

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1518703 said:
So now I know how it will end.

Artie will take out Tony and Phil when they are having a sit down dinner to work out a truce. Artie will poison them both.

:p:

Or Artie will do a Michael Corleone and shoot both of them. :D

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeagermeister;1518706 said:
Or Artie will do a Michael Corleone and shoot both of them. :D

He is not that kind of guy, he let tony off the hook before when he saw him face to face. Poisoning them would work for artie as it would be less violent and would not have to pull the trigger.

Now Artie's wife is mean enough to do that.:laugh2:

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1518707 said:
He is not that kind of guy, he let tony off the hook before when he saw him face to face. Poisoning them would work for artie as it would be less violent and would not have to pull the trigger.

Now Artie's wife is mean enough to do that.:laugh2:

Very true on the wife :D

Goldenrichards83

Reaction score
Did anyone noticed Paula crying on the clip on the last episode and being that he was passed over by Bobby and when they were setting up the hit a guy mention doing Paulie but one of Phils guys said no just the top 3 guys. I have a feeling Paulie could take Tony out, I hope not because he is my favorite character. Also does anybody find it weird that Sil would wack a guy without Tony's approval?