Sorry Cowboy Fans, this going to be a loooong season

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
I kept reading all off season how Elliott was going to be breaking Dickerson's rushing record ect ect ect.
You know what ? Morris looked better than Elliott today and it was not even close.

Dak looked like a bus driver QB. Not going to get you beat, but not going to make the big play either.

I do not know what has happened to Dez, maybe he is just an average wideout with Romo ?

Romo has covered up the flaws on this team for years, but now without Romo I am afraid we are looking at another high draft pick.

I don't know why we did not sign any decent defensive free agents this year.

This defense plays with a lot of heart but is devoid of talent and playmakers.
Why do people feel the need to make snap judgments on how this season will turn out? Why not just enjoy the ride instead?

wileedog

Reaction score
Exactly you have no point and you have nothing to backup your points. I don't see this i don't see that blah blah non substance. Those plays he got there was nowhere to go
Yeah 19 of em he had no where to go because you say so, right?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I kept reading all off season how Elliott was going to be breaking Dickerson's rushing record ect ect ect.
You know what ? Morris looked better than Elliott today and it was not even close.

Dak looked like a bus driver QB. Not going to get you beat, but not going to make the big play either.

I do not know what has happened to Dez, maybe he is just an average wideout with Romo ?

Romo has covered up the flaws on this team for years, but now without Romo I am afraid we are looking at another high draft pick.

I think Dak fine considering this was his rookie debut.
Did you expect an NFL passing or scoring record from him, bloke?

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
It was 1 damn game zordon. That our qb played well in. Defense wasn't horrible either. I will continue to mock because it's nowhere near as bad as you're saying
20 points. It was 9th best this weekend in fact.

I also remember,quite acutely, people complaining about how we need to score 30 plus points per game to win. But all that stuff conveniently is forgotten so the masses can rage away.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I was not impressed with Zeke at all.

He can't be normal... Not at pick 4.. He has to be a special player and he has to be a special player RIGHT NOW.

I've watched later round RBs play at a hi level all day today. We need defense desperately and we took the easiest position in football to replace and used a top 5 pick.

Imagine if it was Joseph Randle who had Zeke's game today... You guys would trash him.
Well, let's us not confuse the two. Zeke will thrive. Randle was a never do well and never our #1 draft pick.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
20 points. It was 9th best this weekend in fact.

I also remember,quite acutely, people complaining about how we need to score 30 plus points per game to win. But all that stuff conveniently is forgotten so the masses can rage away.

Bingo. They swore our games were gonna be 35-38 shootouts. We hold them to 20 and its still woe is me

wileedog

Reaction score
Because of a video posted above that you apparently refused to watch because it destroys your argument
I watched the game. I've watched the video. Elliot consistently ran into piles, while somehow Morris managed to get through those piles

It was not a good game for him, stop trying to pretend the Giants had some secret magic against him they didn't have on Morris.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I watched the game. I've watched the video. Elliot consistently ran into piles, while somehow Morris managed to get through those piles

It was not a good game for him, stop trying to pretend the Giants had some secret magic against him they didn't have on Morris.

So you're ignoring the fact that when he got the ball there were no holes because it doesn't fit your agenda.

wileedog

Reaction score
So you're ignoring the fact that when he got the ball there were no holes because it doesn't fit your agenda.
And your ignoring the fact that he was completely stuffed tonight.

And that if the Giants can do it than so can pretty much anyone else.

Why is this so hard to understand?

If you spend a #4 overall pick on a RB, he better be able to MAKE some holes where there are none. Otherwise why not just have Morris for no draft pick and a minimal salary out there?

We didn't pay for "But look at the video...!" We payed for a game changer. He wasn't close to that tonight. Here's hoping he calms down against Washington.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We are going to be facing 8 man fronts every week until we break it. Zeke will struggle until this coaching staff realizes THEY HAVE TO STRETCH THE FIELD successfully. And by stretching the field, I don't mean screen passes to Witten, with all due respect.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

LOL...............Its only a long season of you thought we had a chance to win the SB. Those of us that understand reality arent all that upset today other then the fact that Garrett the bozo blew another late game management situation and cost us the game.

Although I was NOT overly impressed with Zeke it was his first game. Morris did run better on a few occassions. Got to get the kid in there so he can get his feet wet. Lets not forget he didnt run much in the preseason. The entire game plan was to stop him.

And Dak did EXACTLY what they asked him to do. He looked like a bus driver because that is all they wanted. Play not to lose game plan holding him back.

We are coached by a mindless fool in Garrett.

JohnnyFlame

Reaction score
Frankly I expected way worse. I thought they would have the same conservative gameplan and Dak would still throw an interception. Or that he would fumble because of the Giants pass rush. Not to mention that the defense would give up 30+. To me they did way better than anyway could have thought. Defense gave up big plays but overall was good. Dak did nothing wrong and the game was winnable. Well if they had a coach with a brain and receivers who knew the game situation. But other than that was surprised they were even in the game with a shot to win.